Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: J. Shoes Men's Monarch Chukka Boot
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 7, 2014
After trying several different chukkas by other brands and returning them, I ordered the light mustang version of this boot. They are perfect--handsome and light weight. The color and fit were as expected. Time will tell how well they'll hold up, but they look like they are very well constructed and they fit like a glove. J Shoes definitely have my attention. This won't be my last pair.

Update: I've worn them approximately four out of seven days a week since purchasing about 3.5 months ago. To be fair, I'm really hard on the heels of my shoes, but the quality of the rubber in the heel is not very tough. I wore the rubber section down in no time and have already replaced the heel sole. The replacement cost me $20, but in the end I think the new heels will hold up much better. Overall I still love the shoes. I'm taking away one star for the cost of the replacement.

As for size, I wear a 12 in running shoes and 11D in dress shoes. These are a perfect fit at 11.
on April 6, 2015
Disappointed in the quality, especially considering the price. The shoes run a a little narrow, but what I was amazed to find is that the leather is simply glue bonded to the sole. While they look great, within 3 weeks the insole was separating from the base. The contrast stitching you see in the photos is purely decorative.
on April 2, 2014
My husband spent over a year looking for chukkas and couldn't find any that he liked. I bought these for him hoping they would meet his high standards and he loves them. They are of high quality, stylish, and comfortable. He ended up buying a second pair in a different color because he liked them so much. He frequently gets compliments on them.
on June 28, 2014
I have gotten a ton of complements on these shoes, and they are incredibly comfortable. They do need a little bit more care than your average casual shoe/boot though. Get some black polish and keep them fresh!
on October 1, 2015
Very comfortable shoes for walking and walking in (e.g. NYC). Comfortable from the first time you slip them on, and they just keep getting better. The quality of these shoes is excellent too. I normally wear a size 12 in typical Nike shoes if that helps you consider what size to order.
on February 4, 2016
I really liked these shoes, but for $200 I would expect them to last longer than 10 months. I actually bought these shoes through Trunkclub in April 2015. They have been my everyday shoes for the office ever since. The leather itself wore and broke in very nicely. The soles, though, (as you can see the photos) have just about completely fallen apart. I need new shoes pronto and they won't be another pair of J shoes.
review image review image review image review image
on June 13, 2016
the leather soles are slippery on certain surfaces.
i had slipped a few times and on one occasion had 1 heel come apart as i slipped whilst walking down the stairs.

had to add a rubber sole to make these shoes usable.
on September 7, 2014
Outstanding shoe that can hold its own against any higher dollar chukka. I've spent a lot on many different casual/dress boots from Allen Edmonds, Alden, Carmina, and have two pairs of Wolverine 1000 Mile. The J. Shoes Monarch in "glow" is simply a quality shoe in a beautiful color, and they have received a ton of compliments from the very start. I've worn them a lot over the past few years, and they look as good as they did when I pulled them out the box, except the patina has gotten better. They are easy to maintain, simply brush on a little http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q907QU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 every few months. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy these, and will be getting another pair soon in a different color.
on January 3, 2015
These are nice shoes although i thought they would be a little narrower, but that's not a problem. The fact that i wiped out in those on wet pavement (the painted pedestrian crossing part) made me very cautious in any wet conditions; you could be counting stars if you are not careful as the leather sole offers no traction say on wet marble. Other than that - a nice shoe.
on September 29, 2015
Nice looking shoes and comfortable but the quality of the soles is terrible. I had a hole in one of the leather soles only a month after purchasing. Not at all what I expected after paying $100. And the other sole is very thin. The worst part, if it rains the water comes through to my sock at the balls of my feet.