- "My favorite new TV show of 2015 isn't on TV, it's in the pages of Mike Underwood's Genrenauts. Deeply funny and creative, shrewdly insightful, and thrillingly paced, every pop culture diehard will want to keep living vicariously through the characters in this series."
-Matt Wallace, author of the Slingers Saga and Envy of Angels
- "Who hasn't wanted to imagine themselves parachuting into a story gone wrong and putting it back on track? It's storytelling as heroism, genre savviness as power. Endless fun. Catnip for genre geeks."
-Marie Brennan, World Fantasy nominated author of A Natural History of Dragons
- "A clever, exciting, and seriously fun twist on portal fantasy that sends a geeky stand-up comedian into the Wild West. Sign me up to be a Genrenaut, too!"
-Delilah S. Dawson, author of the Blud series. Hit, and Wake of Vultures (as Lila Bowen)
- "A wonderfully executed idea that uses the strengths and background of the writer to great effect... An excellent start to an exciting series, and another highlight of Tor's novella program."
-Paul Weimer, SF Signal
- "A Tardis of a novella, The Shootout Solution is packed full of ideas... The possibilities are endless... Tor.com continues to blaze a bookish trail in terms of both originality and diversity. More like this, please."
- "This is fun...Readers will be looking forward to Leah and company's next trip to a story world."
- "The diverse cast of characters is a nice change of pace."
- "Snappy dialogue, twisting plot turns, and efficiently written action scenes combine with a strongly realized protagonist that reminds me of a old friend from my art school days, not a cardboard cut-out of the "strong female character" trope."
- "The entire book is just FUN"
-Page Turners Inc.
- "The concept of Genrenauts is awesome."
-The Book Plank
- "The Genrenauts are the literary equivalent of The A-Team by way of Star Trek, Quantum Leap-ing their way through alternate dimensions defined entirely by genre tropes."
-Michael Patrick Hicks
- "There's a good deal of literary/narrative theory under-girding this whole project ― it's not as frivolous as it may seem."
- "It's got a clever, rather cool central idea. It has a plot built around that which keeps up suspense, whilst giving you a protagonist to care about, portrayed well."
-SF & F reviews
- "The Shootout Solution is Genre blending fun."
From the Author
For fans of Westworld, Leverage, and Redshirts!
Complete Genrenauts series order:
#2 - The Absconded Ambassador - amzn.com/B0166PX1VM
#3 - The Cupid Reconciliation - amzn.com/B01G45CFRA
#4 - The Substitute Sleuth - amzn.com/B01GDD5W5K
#5 - The Failed Fellowship - amzn.com/B01IL488GY