|Item Weight||63 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 14 x 38 inches|
|Item model number||W1668|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||Table: Round 12-3/8" dia., Table tilt: 45 degrees left & right, Table swing: 360 degrees, Dust port size: 2-1/4", 12 Speeds: 250-3,050 RPM|
|Included Components||Special Wrench 25mm, Open End Wrench 13 x 14, Hex Wrenches 3, 4, 5mm|
Shop Fox W1668 ¾-HP 13-Inch Bench-Top Drill Press/Spindle Sander
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||23 x 14 x 38 inches|
|Item Weight||63 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110-Volt, 1,725 RPM, Spindle Speeds 250-3050 RPM
- Drill chuck: 5/8-Inch
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4-Inch
- Swing: 13-1/4-Inch
- Includes a 3-piece spindle sander drum kit with a mandrel and 80 grit sanding paper to fit the 1-Inch, 1-1/2-Inch and 2-Inch drums.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Built to Last
The SHOP FOX W1668 Drill Press has been specially designed to provide many years of trouble-free service. Close attention to detail, ruggedly built parts, and a rigid quality control program ensure safe and reliable operation.
SHOP FOX W1668 3/4 HP Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press
Just like its little brother, this 12-speed drill press doubles as an oscillating sander that can be used for efficient contour sanding. With more speeds, more power and more capacity this machine becomes an effective tool for heavier use. The table has a clearance hole for use while sanding. This clever design incorporates a dust collection port so your sanding jobs are less messy. With a 3/4-inch drilling capacity in steel you'll be able to tackle most any drilling job as well.
- Approx. shipping weight: 130 pounds.
Tilting Table for Versatility of Applications
The W1668 offers the ability to tilt the table 90-degrees to both the left and right. You can adjust the table height and tilt to accommodate for workpiece height or achieve special drilling or sanding angles. You can also move the table out of the way and use the drill press base as a table for drilling or sanding.
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, 1,725 RPM.
- Overall height: 38-inches.
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4-inch.
- Swing: 13-1/4-inches.
- Drill chuck: 5/8-inch.
- Dust port size: 2-1/4-inch.
- Max. table tilt (left/right): 90-degrees.
Oscillating Feature for Sanding Operation
One of the great features of the W1668 13-1/4-inch Oscillating Drill Press is its sanding capability. The drill press can be converted from drilling operations to sanding operations in a matter of seconds with just a few tool-free steps. Oscillation reduces heat build up and leaves a smooth finish when sanding.
Compact Bench-top Design
This drill press is designed for bench top use freeing valuable floor space.
- 12 Speeds: 250-3,050 RPM.
- Table: Round 12-3/8-inch diameter.
- Table swing: 360-degrees.
- 2-inch table dust port.
- Includes sanding drums.
- Oscillating Spindle.
Compare with similar items
JET J-2530 15-Inch 3/4-Horspower 115-Volt Bench Model Drill Press
Shop Fox W1667 1/2 HP 8-1/2-Inch Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press
SHOP FOX W1669 1/2-Horsepower Benchtop Radial Drill Press
Powermatic PM2800B 18" Drill Press, 1 HP, 115/230V (1792800B)
Shop Fox offers a broad assortment of drill presses to suit every need—from small hobby shops to professional machine shops. Our unique oscillating models provide the convenience of two machines in half the space, and Our Radial drill presses offer unmatched versatility. For the best selection of features, performance, and value, Look no further than Shop Fox.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Built very Robust
-Parts fit together well, no real need to loose fit everything together.
-Contols are easy to use
-Very strong motor
-Very flat milled table, no ridges
-Instructions are a bit vague; If you are not mechanically inclined or have bever assembled a drill press before you might have a tough time with it. Parts in bags are not labled and there is no inventory list to make sure everything is there.
-The column that holds the table in place and supports the drill press itself is painted. The paint comes off when you move your work table around. Why not just leave it bare metal on the inside.
-It would be nice to have a approved list of oils and greases for the drill press. I had to call the manufacturer for this. Again if you have never used one you might not know to do that.
Great product just little things that stuck out to me that might turn off someone who does not want to fuss with trying to put it together.
This is a great drill press! It is heavy and accurate. It is obviously well made and has very little runout. It was easy to set up. Be aware, this is a BIG drill press! It might as well be a floor model it's so big. Also, I've already used the sanding option and it worked perfect. One less tool I need to buy. I ended up making a tool stand because this press is too big to sit on a regular sized table. Now that they have changed the packaging to reduce damage, I fully recommend this drill press. You won't be disappointed!
Amazon sent a replacement and its shipping box was also split wide open. Parts inside rattling around all over and no operating manual. It runs well and will be a nice addition to the workshop. If something changes I will update my review.
For the life of me I can't understand how something so heavy could be packaged so poorly. Both of the ones I received were dated November 2017.
- No mortising attachment available. I even messaged the manufacturer and they told me it's because the quill is a smaller size than a typical drill press because of the oscillating feature.
- The vertical travel is only 3.5".
- I couldn't figure out what the thumb knob was that's on the height control... after talking to the manufacturer I now no it does nothing at all. It's leftover from a previous model's drill stop.
- The tension spring for the return was sticking from the factory. I added a spray dry lubricant and tightened the spring by one notch and this took care of two issues in one: 1) the quill hadn't been travelling back to 0" on its own and 2) the oscillating feature was only travelling about 1/4-inch instead of the advertised 3/4"
- Unless you buy specific Shop Fox sandpaper, the others that I have found readily available are 4-1/2" in length... and the Shop Fox brand sleeves are EXPENSIVE. Upon buying one set of replacement Shop Fox sleeves I also found that they really don't go on very easily either. This is really just nitpicking on my part because I can always get a replacement mandrel/sanding set from some other manufacturer
- Some minor chipping on the finish on arrival
- A built in light would have been nice
- Extremely well thought out!
- Dust collector seems to work great when sanding
- Two tools in one
- Very solid build
- I haven't put a dial indicator on it yet but based on a few trial runs with some Freud forstner bits, cuts very very clean holes