Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 9, 2016
I do a bunch of little wood working projects in the garage. My Shop-Vac filter would constantly get clogged up, and fine sawdust would still pass through. I figured I could try a HEPA filter or these bags. After reading the reviews I decided to try the bags first since they seem to have great filtration, are easy to install & remove, and also I won't have to keep taking the regular filter out and clean it off...

They fit perfect in my 12 gallon. Even though I've vacuumed up a ton of sawdust the suction has stayed strong so it can't be full yet. Best of all it doesn't blow fine particles all over the place (I even had to do some sheetrock repair and it contained all that fine powder after sanding).
on April 22, 2016
These are bags that you put into your shop vac to make it so the filter doesn't clog up (last longer without emptying) and they make clean up easier (which is why you initially got a shop vac, right?). I make sure I always have a couple extra on hand for when the previous one eventually fills up. The only downside to these is that they may tear when you're removing them if they catch on something. However, that can happen with pretty much any vacuum bag so not really worth removing any points for that. I've vacuumed up super fine fireplace dust (make sure it's cold first!) with these with no leakage whatsoever so this is definitely my bag of choice.
on April 3, 2015
These are great. I use them when doing construction. It greatly helps to reduce dust in the house while working in one area while having to live in the home. This is perfect for FINE dust. I have noticed that it does slightly reduce suction so the next grade slightly less filtration (http://smile.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Central-Vacuum-Bags/dp/B008MM70EW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428102491&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=shop+back+12+gal+vacume+bags) would be better used for things such as cleaning car rugs and still easly empty dirt into the trash leaving your vacume tank cleaner.

Oh and NOTE: Due use care when installing the bag into the vacume as it takes care not to damage the bag.
on July 24, 2010
Pros:
- A must have for cleaning up dusty messes
- Seems to do a good job of filtering

Cons:
- a bit pricey for what they are
- require a bit of finagling to get a good fit
- not easy to switch between these bags and a traditional filter. Best to just install and leave until it is full

There is no substitute for these things. If you have a fine dusty mess (i.e. drywall) you got to have one. A traditional filter just won't cut it. In that sense they are a life saver. However, if you have small dusty mess it is not easy switch between the bag and the filter. Especially if the bag is a bit full it is hard to get it arranged correctly in the canister if you are switching it out between jobs. I usually just leave it in, but then end up using the bag for jobs where the bag really isn't needed which makes using the bags more expensive to use than if I were able to easily switch them.
on February 13, 2018
These are the best. I recently got a shop-vac for Christmas and these help to trap and contain A LOT of dust. When you use a shop-vac it tends to spread the dust around in the air, but these bags help to contain it so it doesn't flow back out. These things will hold a lot too. We use around the house for our cat and dog hair.
on July 28, 2017
Holds lots of nasty stuff, including broken glass, cat litter, POUNDS of cat hair, and all the dirt/leaves/etc that get into the garage. As long as you don't try to suck up too much wet debris, this will be fully intact and keep all of the fine dust and stuff from getting back out of the shop-vac when it's time to change it.
on October 16, 2015
I bought these bags for the purpose of vacuuming up drywall dust and sawdust. It handled that without issues. And nothing appeared to get through to the interior filter.

We are in the midst of a full floor renovation. We pulled up carpet, with linoleum under that, and what is almost certainly an asbestos based tile below that. That layer, and the glue was very difficult to get up. We did not use power tools, but scrapers/chisels to get it up. Very dark slate color, crumbled into some fine dust. Eye mask/face mask protection worn. The hepa vac bags handled this as well. The dark black powder did not make it into the interior filter, which is still nearly totally white.
on February 7, 2013
I have been using these bags for years. The yellow high-efficiency bags are rated to filter dust better than the stock white bags. They are not HEPA but they filter more effectively when paired with the Shop-Vac 9033300 Antimicrobial Cartridge Filter.

BEWARE of cheap knock-offs/substitutes! B&M Housewares sent unmarked, unlabeled, un-bagged white bags of unknown quality. They were white (instead of yellow), had none of the familiar markings I have ALWAYS seen on Shop-Vac high-efficiency bags, and they felt lighter and thinner.
on September 10, 2015
The instructions say to remove the old bag by first removing the deflector (plastic piece inside the tank/hose housing that inserts into the bag), but I really don't see a need for doing that. I tried twisting and turning the housing to remove the deflector and ultimately pried it off with a screwdriver. There are very small tabs along the perimeter of the deflector but no indentations in the tank housing (that I could see), so to reinstall the deflector I used a very special technique: pounded it with a hammer. Either horrible design or user error. In any case, don't bother -- you're old bag should pull away easily from the deflector outlet, and the new one slip into its place and firmly up against the inside of the tank. The bag quality is much better than the flimsy paper one I removed. An important lesson here: Don't wait until your old bag is so packed full that it splits -- you will end up with a fine layer of dust coating everything you own. These bags (pack of 2) are made of paper but have a coating -- very similar to a Fed-Ex shipping bag (the kind you can only open with a pair of scissors!) -- super strong and easily worth the extra cost.
on August 3, 2016
Great bags for your shop vac. I prefer these over the standard white bags because I feel they catch more dust than the standard. I find the shop vacs internal filter stays cleaner and less dust is pushed out the exuast of the vacuum. Strong bag and no tears have happened to me yet. Highly recommend.