Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on February 5, 2015
Awful. Purchased to replace an older stainless Shop-Vac that was great and lasted for many years. This one is drastically inferior. On/off switch broke, the clips holding the top down broke (never quite seemed to fit properly to begin with) and the slightest bump while vacuuming causes the ball to bounce up and block the airway. I mean, even something like rolling it over a sidewalk crack requires shutting down to clear the airway. Ridiculously poor design. Even the suction seems inferior to the old one, probably because of imprecise fit between the motor unit and can. Not recommended.
on October 28, 2014
Looks expensive but the barrel being stainless builds up a static electricity charge like you wouldn't believe and when you touch the handle (just about every time) it zaps you, hard! Not like a light one walking across carpet in your socks. It seems dangerous doing this (sucking up flammable fumes as an example). I had to put insulation over the back handle to help from shocking me. The unit sucks great, but it's just a bad design. Get a plastic one!
on April 22, 2010
This is a decent shop vac. It's not for someone that spends every day in the garage or shop, but for someone like me that just wants to keep his garage and car clean, this is the right tool. What I like is that it is convenient to move around as I clean the area; light weight and good rolling action. It's presentable with the stainless steel tank and black accents.
As for the suction, that too is adequate for my "amateur" status. It gets the cob webs and other debris my blower can't get to, and my car is clean enough after using the vac.
One item that was not good was the vacuum bag that came with unit: it fell apart at the opening and is basically useless. However, I can operate the vac without it.
Overall, this what I had expected and am satisfied with the product.
on July 24, 2000
First of all the service from amazon.com is second to none. The vacuum arrived in great shape. It required a little assembly but in 15 minutes I was ready to go. The vacuum is very mobile. In addition to thje dolly handle, it has handles on the side for easy lifting. The motor assembly has a handle that makes it easy to remove the motor head for emptying. The vacuum is reasonably quiet the suction is impressive. The attachments are on par with the standard 2.5" plastic set of attachments. The hose is a flexible PVC not the wire reinforced type that would have more flexibility. That's not to say that this hose isn't flexible, it is, the wire reinforced type would be even more flexible. It's a great piece of equipment, comes with a bag to save the filter and pick up the finer dust particles. I recommend this machine highly. It's well made and a lot of equipment for the price.
on May 15, 2007
All my life I have dragged vacs around by the hose, with small caster wheels catching on the cord followed by the whole thing toppling over with nasty expletives following in short order. This is the best. Powerful suction, three stable independent wheels, two of them big enough to provide stability, and the accessories compartment and handle make it all an excellently engineered design. For general use, the 2.5 inch hose and attachments are not what you want, so you will need a 1.25 inch hose with a "posi-lok" connection and 1.25 inch accessories. The hose with the special Shop-Vac connector not available at Amazon, but the Shop-Vac web site has them.
on October 12, 2010
I like my Shop-Vac #9254510 a 10 Gallon Wet or Dry vacuum. However I wish the ad would have told me that the unit had a 2 1/2" hose set-up rather then a 1 1/4". Could have saved me some $$$. Also if the unit had a drain valve on the bottom of the tank, it would have been nice!!!Thanks.
on March 23, 2006
I was happy with the shop vac and the price was unbeatable
on July 31, 2001
I received the above Shop Vac ... today. It was shipped disassembled and without the necessary nuts, bolts and instructions for assembly. While it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how this thing goes together I did have to scrounge through my spare parts drawer to locate the necessary hardware to put this unit together. I'm sure ... would have sent a replacement but I didn't have the time nor want the aggrevation. The vac has good suction (but certainly not 6.25 HP as advertised)It is my understanding that this is Peak HP. To obtain Peak HP the volt/amp input is increased and the HP is measured at the point just before the unit goes up in smoke and melts. Not exactly usable HP. The hose is very short and the floor vac head is not angled at the hose connection which makes it difficult to maintain flat contact with the floor. I gave this unit a low 2 star rating because of poor engineering and packaging of product.
on July 5, 2010
Works great. The only possible drawback is the length of the hose. It does not reach all the interior of a car.