Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 227 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 239 reviews
on May 28, 2013
These films were by no means masterpieces, but they were fun and pleasant, and this set was well worth the price. All you get is one 2-sided disc, meaning the only label is near the center hole and almost needs a magnifying glass to read. Mine was mislabeled (the side with Short Circuit 1 was labeled Short Circuit 2, and vice versa) but that's a minor problem. I once bought a Cyndi Lauper 45 that was the same way. The movies themselves were as cute and funny as I remembered. Fisher Stevens (Early Edition) appears in both as Ben, the Indian scientist who carries on a hilarious, ongoing struggle with American slang. Steve Guttenberg was miscast as Number 5's inventor in the first film; he just didn't seem to need to even be there, and he was not missed at all in the sequel. In SC 2, Cynthia Gibb made a much more interesting female lead than Ally Sheedy did in the first. And I'm sure a lot of viewers will be relieved that Number 5 (later called Johnny) didn't spend nearly as much time watching TV in SC 2.
on October 4, 2014
I love to watch these with my kids and soon the next batch of grandkids will be old enough to enjoy them. Some of Johnny 5's lines are still auto responses in our family. If we have to take something apart to fix it and we actually care if we get it right it's "No dissamble Johnny 5." We,re old and it works for us.
on December 8, 2015
While inevitably the first film is better than the second, this was a beautiful package-deal I just couldn't pass up! "Short Circuit" and its sequel were top-of-the-line 1980s sci-fi/romantic comedy fare that helped define that unique genre. I loved these movies, which delved into the not-so-unique question of what constitutes 'life.' Johnny-Five gains consciousness through a freak accident, and his adventures are a fun romp as he tries to escape the scrap pile with the help of the human stars of the film.
on May 27, 2014
I've watched these movies so many times but it's been awhile. I decided I wanted to watch the first one but I didn't have it. Imagine how excited I was when I found both on blu-ray for such a great price. I thought they might both be on one disc but they've been restored well enough that each movie requires its own disc. The picture was beautiful and clear and the sound was perfect. Nothing like taking a couple hours to hit up an 80's flick.
on June 22, 2017
Great little set. The transfers seem nicely done.
on August 25, 2015
Very cute, funny, family friendly movies! If you love robots and old movies, these are a must see!!
on June 27, 2017
love these movies.
on May 21, 2016
I'm so biased. I loved the first Short Circuit movie so much that I watched it many times. I also like the second movie. I love slapstick humor and the silliness that this movie includes. I also love the actors. If you want a laugh without expecting a blockbuster movie, then you'll enjoy this very much. Kid's will probably like it very much, too!
on January 12, 2014
I loved the original Short Circuit--then found the sequel--both are fantastic movies that have you laughing from start to finish. The only drawback--if you can call it that, is that it's a double-sided DVD which is not my favorite format--I prefer separate discs; but I've used both sides a couple of times now--showed them to my grandkids who are old enough to handle the material (I think it's PG-13), and they positively loved the movies. A certain *other* movie came out which seems to have taken a LOT of material (most particularly the actual design of the robot) and produced a fairly well known motion picture much later--this one (Short Circuit) was made before all the computer generated hocus pocus--and still beats that one like a drum. Get this and treat yourself to some really great laughs.
on June 4, 2017
These two movies are my nephew and niece's favorite. They could watch them all day if they could. I'm glad I got this movie and of course some other ones.
review image