Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on November 12, 2016
This is the simplest teaching on prayer. Having a relationship with the Lird Hesys has taken me deeper because of this book, penned over 300 years ago. What a treasure!
on November 25, 2011
If you can grasp the concept that Mme. Guyon is expounding here, it will take you to wherever it is you are destined to go in the Spirit realm. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THE WATERED DOWN REWRITE - "A Short and Easy Method of Prayer - Enhanced Version". It is so diluted as to be nearly worthless and contains at least one statement that Mme. Guyon not only would not make, but teaches against. I won't even give my copy away to someone else, but will throw it away. As for this version, the 'Authentic Original Classic', it has to be read like the Bible, a little at a time. It is wonderfully profitable.
on December 20, 2013
The same yesterday, today and forever. Amazing to me that a 300 year old book contains the same love and power as is available to us today. The furious longing of God to dwell within us never changes and this little treasure confirms and guides. I had to read it very slowly then rest and digest before going back for more. Punctuation and spelling and meaning of words makes for some difficulty but worth the perseverance.
on August 28, 2012
This book came in excellent condition and arrived in a nice package and on time. I have had to read this book slowly and research the scriptures as it is a challenge to my heart but mostly my soul. It is time to to slow down in a fast pace world and hear what the Father is saying to His children. A must read!!!
on March 15, 2013
It made me forget all my little rules about prayer...it's an incredible book.
Sometimes it's so profound that I can't really comprehend what she is saying...perhaps that's the way it should be
on February 12, 2014
Well, this is not a book to be taken lightly or view as a quick read. In fact, I have not, as of yet, finished it even though it is only about 95 pages. You must, with all deference to the reader of this review, read each sentence several times and with careful thought. For two reasons. The first is that it is a direct translation from the French (noun articles and genders) and of the time in which it was written. The second is that it is packed with spirituality. I am now working on thought control and have realized the importance that it plays in a Christian's life. When I am satisfied with my standing in this area, I will move on and perhaps write another review of the rest of the book. It is, at any rate, profound and should be considered part of a Christian's bibliography.
on July 25, 2012
This Kindle version is a very dated, stilted, awkward translation of the original. The translation entitled Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ is more than worth the extra money. The book, properly translated, is a gem.
on October 17, 2013
For me there is no bigger inspiration (Except Jesus of course!) than Madam Guyon!! I would HIGHLY recommend that every Christian read her books. Life changing stuff!!!
on March 19, 2016
Brilliant read as usual her writings are so spiritual and easily understood. I have started a collection of her invaluable works as I read and reread them over and over again
on December 20, 2012
with a big impact. IF we would all pray in this easy conversational way to our LORD. Life would take on new meaning.