Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

This is my go-to book for travel or light reading. I don't read it cover-to-cover, though I've done some of that with this book. But it is an excellent book for jumping right into the chapters that interest you, and you can finish them in 15-20 minutes. Really just a well-conceived book (how does one accomplish writing a short history book??).
on October 2, 2011
Really enjoyed this book. Utilized it for a high school history of the world class. Very readable and excellent insights. Any history of the world is going to focus on some data and overlook other data. It's impossible not to. Such criticisms simply miss the point. To cover every data point is absurd. So, one must choose to focus on history that relates to the major movers of civilizations as well as those cultures and civilizations that have left an adequate historical record. J.M. Roberts does just that.

Very pleased with this volume.
on December 18, 2012
I meant to buy A Little History Of The World, but accidentally bought this one instead. It's ok, very detailed and in depth for being a condensed history book. It can get a bit boring though, not as easy to read as I had hoped. Then again, I am comparing it to the book I wanted in the first place, which is intended more for children. A good read for history buffs, but not as easy to get into for casual readers.
on February 14, 2016
Wonderful for teaching history in a narrative style. We homeschool and my high schoolers used this.
on September 7, 2015
good
on June 5, 2015
just starting to make a dent in this book. but am really enjoy it. also using it as a study tool for the FSO exam.
on August 9, 2013
Very fast shipping; it's a wonderful synopsis of world history. It will be a fabulous study guide while I cram for the FL social science test (I'm a teacher, it's for certification). From this educator, this book is a thumbs up!
on April 9, 2016
Rapid delivery & high quality.
on January 22, 2016
School textbook, arrived in solid condition.
on August 29, 2013
i love history so it was only fitting that I buy this book. I had to get it anyway for a world history course I took in college but I'm glad I did get it because I learned a lot from it.