Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
asked by Grace on January 31, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I am in total agreement with all those reviewers who see The Kite Runner as a flawed masterpiece. I too came away feeling somewhat betrayed by the failure of the second half of the book to measure up to the first. This gem of a short story is partly what makes that first half so memorable, and when I finished the book as a whole, it was the story of the Magic Cup and the images of kite-running which remained imprinted. Such a shame that a story told so deftly should be counterpoised by the all-too-sensationalist images of fake Taleban beards and eye-sockets filled with brass balls.
Mr. Alex S. Went answered on December 15, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello, I created a new thread about this short story. http://www.amazon.com/Art-inspired-The-Kite-Runner/forum/Fx2QIUV1Y1XHN7A/Tx3QF53E7OOG7BE/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=1&asin=0132356597&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=MxI08VUZUTZEGR#MxI08VUZUTZEGR
Jonathan Luna answered on July 15, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is actually based on a short-story Hosseini wrote when he was younger. :)
Ti. V. answered on March 8, 2007
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 15, 2007, 4:56:11 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product