Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Show Starter Reality TV Made Simple System: Ten Steps to Creating and Pitching a Sellable Reality Show
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on May 1, 2007
This is a one-of-a-kind book that does an outstanding job of explaining how to pitch a new idea for a Reality TV Show. DMA is an excellent writer who describes the reality of Reality TV in a clear and honest way. She provides step-by-step guidance to help readers think through and navigate the process with confidence (developing a unique idea, transforming an idea into a pitch, preparing for a pitch meeting, etc.) I highly recommend this to anyone who has an interest in the Reality TV industry!!
on August 22, 2015
My name is Rico Amani and my background is in the music industry. As a writer, my interest was broader than just songwriting; I wanted to expand my talent to create stories for a larger audience-television. I had read many books on reality TV but none was comparable to Show Starter. I'm very hard pressed to publicly endorse any product but I'm inclined to do so with this book. It's an easy read, very straight forward (marinated in a little bit of humor) and pulls no punches regarding the realities of reality TV. I believe that any aspiring producer, like me, truly interested in reality TV should read this book that gives you an honest, unbiased, bird’s eye view about creating and producing for reality TV. There are many things mentioned in the book which have been instrumental in helping me get closer to the door of bringing some of my labor of loves to life. Show Starter has been my reality TV bible and it truly is an invaluable book to read for not only aspiring reality TV producers but also reality TV vets to refresh or pass on to the next generation of reality TV producers.

Lastly, which I think is worth its weight in gold, especially with my strong background in music-having access to the right people is almost impossible to get if you're not on the inside. DMA, also make available to those who purchase the book access to some of those right people,ie: the services of line producers who can ball park your reality show treatment, reality TV attorneys (this one alone is gold because if you do an internet search on reality TV attorneys, you'll come to know why the list is gold).

In addition, you have access to an online resource to connect with other aspiring reality TV producers, former reality TV contestants who now want to become reality TV producers-as many do. The Show Starter book is a great investment for a lifetime of read and re-read and I give it two thumbs up!
on April 5, 2008
I am a healthcare executive and have always had a desire to pitch a reality show based on some of events that have occurred in healthcare. I found this book to be realistic, helpful, and filled with excellent advice.

It's nice to see that it is not only our industry that has expectations of how to reach my the goal. This book helped focus me to prepare it so that when I create my first show, I'll have the properly prepared so that my chances of having it well received greatly increases.

We need more books that are helpful, concise, and full of actionable steps. Success is never easy, but it's always helpful when someone that has been successful in their industry takes the time to help someone else make it in their field.
on May 23, 2015
You will receive the answer to your question very early into the book, which makes for efficient reading. Then, after you get your answer, Donna takes you into the details of the material. Very well done.
on April 7, 2008
I teach at a university and have assigned this book to my class. There are very few practical books in this area, and I was thrilled to find something so comprehensive and helpful.
on November 30, 2012
There is no resource like this out there in book form, that I know of, which makes this book invaluable. This book is a terrific resource for aspiring TV reality show runners or individuals who wish to write and sell one or more reality TV show pitches. The content includes a "Reality 101" overview of the genre and a step-by-step system to create a reality TV pitch package. The book has crucial info including: creating and practicing the pitch (and all of the documents, such as your treatment, or detailed reality show outline, that you'll need), actually setting up meetings and pitching the show, and following up, hiring an entertainment attorney, how and when to partner to a production company, developing a show budget, attaching talent and much, much more.
on August 26, 2011
I've worked in reality television for more than a decade, and in my own lectures and book on the subject, I've always made sure to talk up THE SHOW STARTER REALITY TV MADE SIMPLE SYSTEM as an essential read.

If you're interested in selling original reality shows, this belongs on your bookshelf and in your brain. Solid, sound advice from start to finish, and in trademark DMA style, as truthful and direct as can be.

Buy it and be glad you did.
on September 6, 2014
Something is missing from this book. A very important connects - I guess that's how they keep you coming back for more; by leaving out important information to begin with.
on June 30, 2014
I buy a ton of how-to books. This one is well written and organized. No fluff. Just the cold hard facts. Awesome.
on June 23, 2015
Nice! Very simple to read and helpfull!