Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 7, 2015
I have seen comparable speakers priced in the $70 range and I feel sorry for any folks that bought them. This little speaker unit works great, is loud and clear, and doesn't cost anywhere near that. I do not use it IN the shower (under the water). I place it on top of my shower door and play it while I'm showering and getting ready. I can hear it fine over the stream of water and my podcasts and audiobooks come through very clear and natural sounding. It is a little hard to hear over my blow dryer on high so I usually pause it until I'm finished but other than that, it's more than loud enough for me. One problem I had, it was user error and nothing wrong with the unit, was leaving it on after use. Long after my husband had gone to bed, I was sitting downstairs, directly under the master bath, I turned on a podcast and couldn't hear it so I kept turning up the iPhone's volume until I could faintly hear it. Well flash forward about 45 seconds and here comes my sleepy husband, one blaring blue speaker unit in his tightly gripped hand. So yeah, 5 stars for connectivity range, but remember to either turn off the unit or Bluetooth if you have a significant other on opposite work schedules.
on March 20, 2015
Great item at great price. They've dropped from wall to tub floor, gotten soaked, whacked etc and they dry out and work. Bought a bunch for kids and teens as Christmas presents. Happy with purchase.
on October 2, 2014
I was happy with this product when I first received it: The sound is good, you can answer incoming calls from your cell phone when connected to the device, you can pause and forward songs directly from the speaker, you can raise or lower the volume, etc. Also, the speaker attaches to glass or tile very easily thanks to a very large suction cup it has on the back. This was all great until my speaker stopped working after less than 3 months of usage (the battery won't charge for an unknown reason.) I used a different cable from my daughter's identical speaker to see if that was the problem and it still did not charge. I can't return the product now and feel abused. I would suggest you try another bluetooth shower speaker from a different vendor.
33 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 24, 2014
Surprisingly loud and clear. Love that this unit uses MicroUSB instead of a cylinder type connector that the competitors use. If you lose the connector sold with the other brands, you can't charge it. With the ShowerSong, I can use my tablet charger, phone charger, or charger with a MicroUSB connector.

The LED light show was an unexpected surprise. As a speakerphone, it works beautifully. Loud and more importantly, clear audio.

The suction cup provides a solid connection to my shower sliding door. The unit is waterproof as advertised - make sure you keep the MicroUSB port capped!

I would highly recommend this unit to anyone. Great price, too! You won't be disappointed!
on September 26, 2014
Pros:
- Great sound, and volume goes up pretty loud so no problems listening to audiobooks or music in the shower.

- Micro-usb charging, the number 1 reason I bought this product.

Cons:

- Suction sucks. Fell off shower wall every time I used it. Tried the suction on multiple surfaces and it's horrible all around. First time it fell it slammed the ground pretty hard (nearly hit my foot) and something inside came loose as I can hear rattling from inside the product but it still works. The suction is a pretty important part of this product for me so that's mainly the reason I'm giving it 2 stars.

- When the product is low on charge it beeps incessantly every 30 seconds, this is an incredibly annoying feature.

- The company that makes this product Get Happy Giving, LLC, is incredibly annoying. Nonstop spam e-mails. I never subscribed to their e-mail list and over the course of two weeks I unsubscribed twice and they would still e-mail me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2014
I just discovered, completely by accident, that this speaker DOES have a volume control! Hold down the fast forward button (long press it) for vol +, and hold down rewind for vol -.
I also just realized that the product description has changed and now says that...it didn't when I bought it. :)
I've had this speaker for about four months; I purchased it in March. I've only had to charge it twice. I use it at least every other day. The bluetooth range is good and it rarely drops the signal. I think I've had it drop twice and it could have been my Kindle's fault.

Great little speaker. Highly recommend!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 4, 2014
This shower speaker is very good. The build quality is average, the materials used are cheap but they are so soft, and the speakers are average but with amazing good bass.

Pros:

Volume
Ease of setup
Ease of use
Can pick up calls
Amazing bass

Cons:

Cheap material and average build quality

Neutral:

Not a fan of using suction cups to hold things.
The blue color blends in almost perfectly with white shower room.

Summary:

All in all this device is cheap and a bargain. With its ease of use and good sound, your shower song will make you feel alive!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2015
This is the best little device ever!!!! Not only can I adjust it while taking a shower....I can answer my phone too whaaaattttt? Sick!!!!
on September 23, 2014
Awesome speaker. Exceptionally loud. Bluetooth reception and connectivity excellent. New design is very attractive. Also like the micro usb connector rather that the pin connector on other similar speakers. I can use my Android micro usb cable to charge the speaker if necessary.
on April 4, 2014
It would help if the directions that come with it told you that the < and > buttons also control the volume when held, but most will figure it out if they monkey around with it. The sound really resonates nicely off of the shower walls and makes for very clear, pleasent listening. The biggest drawback is that it only lasts 5-6 days on a full charge if you use it +/- an hour a day, but other than that it's a great way to catch the morning news, listen to Pandora, or play your iTunes while getting ready for work.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse