Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 25, 2012
SHRED has changed my life in a dramatic way. Before I started SHRED I was on another program where I had lost 40 pounds and had been on a plateau for over a month. I started with Shred in August while following Dr. Ian on twitter and here I am in December 45 pounds lighter and beginning to live the best years of my life. I am 54 years old and have never felt this great as far back as I can remember and I am talking at least for the past 25 to 30 years. This is no joke, my health has taken a dramatic turn, I went from high cholesterol (265 highest ever) now to 188, high blood pressure to normal blood pressure, size 24/26 to size 18/16, pre-diabetes to normal glucose levels and from basically no exercising (use to hate it) to exercising at least 6 days a week. Shredding has taught me what is the best and healthiest way to eat when I am eating out and my portions have become smaller. I am never hungry cause I am in the habit of eating 4 small meals a day plus my snacks. The foods you eat are affordable and found in your local grocery stores. There are no gimmicks or quick fix with Shred, it's a way of life and something you can live with everyday. This is a plan that I have incorporated in my household and now we all are eating healthier, working out together and living a healthier lifestyle. The book is easy to read, the instructions are easy to follow. My first month on Shred I had lost 27 pounds which is a miracle and this was done by eating 4 small meals a day plus healthy snacks and starting with cardio (walking, Zumba and elliptical). I would highly recommend this book to those who want to live a healthier life, eating the right way and the benefits will be 20 pounds in 6 weeks. It works and the awesome thing about Shred, it is affordable and all foods are easily accessible. I am no celebrity, a single middle class mom/grandmother who took the wisdom of Dr. Ian and made it worked for me. By this summer I plan on being at my goal weight and intend on keeping it off because I have found a plan that I love and enjoy doing. The book is worth buying and you will find it useful as you pursue your dream of being a healthier/slimmer person. Get the book and start shredding.
1,042 people found this helpful
|2525 comments|Report abuse
on March 19, 2016
This book is fantastic! My husband and I followed it for the entire 6 weeks I loss 23 lbs and my husband lost 22 lbs. You have to be consistent.
23 people found this helpful
on August 12, 2016
THE BOMB!!!!!!!!! You will definitely drop the weight if you stick with it!! I did this for 4 weeks and did 5 days of cardio as it suggests and I lost about 20 or more pounds. . . It really does work guys!!
18 people found this helpful
on August 28, 2017
If you love to eat, this is the diet for you. With a meal or snack every hour and a half, you will never be hungry. I was able to lose 65 lbs with this book, 210lb to 145lb. I promise you, if you follow the diet and exercise instructions to a T, you WILL be successful. I tried to minimize processed foods (like the shelf-stable food in the middle of the grocery store), choose high fiber snacks, and stick to items I actually liked to eat. Initally, my main form of exercise was the recumbent bike, and once I lost 10 or so pounds and was feeling more confident in the lifestyle change, I also encorporated basic weight lifting exercises. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is feeling stuck in their weight, is ready to make a real change, and wants visible and fast results.
7 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2015
I read this book 2 months before a big trip. I wanted to look and feel good. This book was very easy to follow and I wasn't hungry at all. It was fun for me to measure and divide up all my snacks and food. It helped me make good snack choices quickly instead of reaching for a bag of tortilla chips *My trigger food*. I lost 12 pounds using this book along with cardio and weight training. I looked amazing for my trip.

However with time the book caught dust and my pants got smaller so now it's time to pick it back up! This is definitely a lifestyle and it can be easily incorporated. Can't wait to start back on The Shred!
10 people found this helpful
on March 20, 2017
The program was clear and easy to follow. Unfortunately I didn't lose much weight, though I stuck to it faithfully. The book gives daily directions for foods to eat and exercise. This is one of several books by this author.
5 people found this helpful
on February 20, 2018
followed to a T and lost 20 pounds and have kept it off for a year!
4 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2013
It happened, finally a book that helps me make the changes that I must make. I am just at week 4 but this entire process is about learning to relate to food differently, learning to put healthy things in your body at all times. By the start of Week 3, I heard myself thinking, and what is that worth to you, you are on the journey keep going. I did not have the benefit of the Whey Protein powder initially but used a GNC product. By week 4 I had to remind myself that I must eat, I also finally felt hungry. Why is this important, I realize that one reason for weight gain is that I never got to hungry I was always munching on something. So now I know yes almonds are healthy, but hello sitting down and moving through a bag of them is not. Calories are calories.

Okay on the instructions, at first I thought it would be annoying, having to read this at the start of each week, but all good, further reinforcement. The list of snacks for 100 and 150 was sobering. Who knew that 14 almonds has to be the limit for 100 calories. And on like that. I appreciated the juice options good variety and good to use beyond however many cycles you go through. Hardest thing was remembering to drink the water, I slipped on that a bit. Do avoid missing because you over indulge for the next or in generally you feel over hungry for the rest of the day even if you return to schedule.

I gave up beer altogether but held on to the wine. Now can you imagine, I an official beer drinker has no interest even when I see it. I have to confess that I do a bit of saving and have two glasses of wine on a Friday.

Exercise felt easier, mind you I was always doing that and some, but with absolutely no results. So now I get it 'it's the food you eat stupid'.

Looking forward to week 5 that cleanse week, will get back to you on how that goes. Oh and I have dropped 10lbs so far. You definitely must not weigh during the week, you go up and down then and it may give you a false sense and make you relax or I may make you feel nothing is happening and you want to give up.
15 people found this helpful
on June 18, 2014
I've seen Dr. Ian Smith on The Doctors show as well as The Rachael Ray show on numerous occasions. I really like how straightforward he is and how he explains his different Shred concepts. This is his original Shred Revolutionary Diet. It really is about learning the correct eating habits and proper exercise to adopt for the rest of our lives. Hubby and I both started this program and are now in Shred Week 2. While we both feel it takes a lot of planning, we already see positive changes in our bodies. We also purchased Dr. Ian's Shred 27 DVD (which kicks both of our butts), so I'm sure it's a combination of eating correctly and doing the H.I.I.T. exercises - but still, the book is very easy to follow. I love the 4 pages worth of 150 calorie snack ideas, the 4+ pages of 100 calorie snack ideas, the great tasting fruit smoothie recipes, and our favorites - the chicken noodle soup and veggie soup recipes at the back of the book. With all the possible snack, smoothie, soup/stew combinations, you will never get bored of eating the same thing over and over. We have found, as others have, that there is way too much food to eat at each sitting - so DON'T eat it! Like Dr. Ian says, "You don't have to eat all of the food on the day's menu..."
3 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2014
The pitch caught my attention from Super Shred - "lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks." Even though I didn't lose 20 lbs, I DID lose 11 lbs and I felt GREAT! Of course the plan is challenging, it's not magic or anything, but it works! I didn't think I could learn much more about healthy eating since I've been on every other diet plan and read almost every book there is to read, but I did learn a lot from Dr. Smith.
I LOVE the fact that he tells you exactly what to eat and when to eat it, and if you stick to his plan you will see the weight come off. It is a very specific plan, even though there's room for flexibility, and you have to be committed to it. In Super Shred Dr. Smith explains that Shred Revolutionary is a plan you can do long term and after completing his short term diet I'm ready for the long term plan!
I find myself choosing and coming up with healthier snack options, I've learned how to make a 150 cal or less turkey sandwich, and I'm able to eat carbs and dairy and still lose weight!! I'm enjoying the fresh fruits and vegetables more and more every day. Occassionally I'll crave something sweet, but I'm able to fight the urge, and if I can't fight the urge I try to fit it into my 100 calorie or 150 calorie snack options. There are foods I miss, but there aren't #'s on the scale I miss. ;-)
I wish you the best of luck and I hope to report back in 6 weeks with some AWESOME results!
4 people found this helpful