Shrek the Third [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray Value Promotion
Purchase any three featured Blu-ray titles for a total price of $19.99. Restrictions apply, offer is valid for a limited time and while supplies last. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
When the action begins, Shrek (Mike Myers) and his wife Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz) are filling in for the ailing King Harold (John Cleese). Unfortunately, King Harold passes away and, with his dying wish, names Shrek as the rightful heir to the throne. This doesn't sit too well with Shrek who has been suffering from public relations embarrassment to public relations embarrassment as he launches ships with such strength that the ship blows a hole and sinks--and more. King Harold says, just before he dies, that the only other heir to the throne would be a young man at school named Arthur (Justin Timberlake). Immediately after the funeral for King Harold, Shrek, Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and Puss-in-boots (Antonio Banderas) set sail to find Arthur at school. Things go downhill even more when Artie (as Arthur is called) is ambivalent at best to become a king; and it's up to Shrek and his buddies to convince Arthur to become king.
Of course, things back in Far, Far Away Land aren't much better. Prince Charming (Rupert Everett) and his cronies take over the kingdom and imprison Fiona and her friends including Fiona's mother. Things look pretty bleak.
Of course, the plot can go anywhere from here. (Yes, I know, you've read the spoilers by now but I won't give them away anyway.Read more ›
I think the reason that many people dislike this film so much is that the spotlight shines considerably less on Shrek, Donkey, and Puss than it did it the previous films. Fiona, Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty (of "Beauty and the Beast"), Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty all get a decent amount of camera time. Lesser sidekicks like Pinocchio and Gingey also take the camera off of Shrek. Even Charming gets ample screentime along with his fellow villains. Does this make the film any better or worse than the others? Not in my opinion. In fact, the princesses add quite a bit of humor to the film (not to mention a sweet action sequence set to a cover of Heart's "Barracuda"). Charming and his companions also offer some fun moments.Read more ›
First, because it skewers the Disney princesses, turning Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White into yuppie snobs. I like Disney's stories, but I'm so familiar with them that it's nice to see a good parody.
And second, because of the music. I never liked Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" until I heard it in this context. I likewise have a new appreciation for Wings' "Live and Let Die." Best of all, though, was Antonio Banderas and Eddie Murphy's energetic version of the Sly & the Family Stone classic, "Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Again)."
A third reason to buy this DVD is its abundance of bonus features. Included are:
* An audio commentary
* Three additional scenes -- "The Fauxly Grail," "Hot Lunch" and "Cyrano de Artie"
* A wide range of featurettes -- "The Tech of Shrek, "Merlin's Magic Crystal Ball, "Get Up and Play PSA" and "How to be Green," the last one a series of environmentally friendly tips from Shrek and Donkey
* The Worcestershire Academy Yearbook, an interactive flip book featuring 30 soundbites from Arthur's classmates
* "Shrek's Guide to Parenthood" -- Donkey, Gingy, Pinocchio and Puss in Boots offer parenting tips to Shrek and Fiona
* A gag reel, called "Big Green Goofs"
* Two music videos, "Donkey Dance" and "Dancing Babies"
* Various DVD-ROM games, printables and web links
If you're not a Shrek fan this is not the DVD to start with. But if you are, it's a fine addition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderful entertainment and thrill movie with Eddie Murphy and all the characters of fairy expected for Shrek and his worldPublished 7 days ago by Edward Kirven
All we love Shrek it was a great movie we love love love love love ShrekPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Blu Ray is excellent quality. I bought it for my Grandkids. I loved it and the Grandkids, and the Great Grandkids all are happy that they can see it on my VUDU page with the HDX... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Robert G. Kelly
Boring and with a cheesy message about being yourself constantly shoved in your face. It just wasn't very funny. Read morePublished 1 month ago by chris
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Shrek
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > DreamWorks
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > DreamWorks