Shun Edo BB1503 8-1/2-Inch Chef's Knife
|Price:||$199.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8 1/2-Inch Edo Chef's Knife by Shun for slicing, dicing and mincing
- Precision forged from one solid piece of VG10 "Super Steel" and "zero-balanced" allowing knives to do all the work
- Hammered "tsuchime" finish creates air pockets for natural food-release, reducing knife drag
- Resin-impregnated Pakkawood handles provide added strength and moisture protection; handle shape is comfortable and reduces hand fatigue
- Knives are hand-crafted featuring ultra-sharp 16 degree cutting edges; widened bolster shape encourages proper grip and reduces forearm fatigue
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Shun Premier Chef's Knife, 8-Inch
Shun Edo BB1502 6-1/2-Inch Chef's Knife
Shun DM0707 Classic 10-Inch Chef's Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cutlery and More||Amazon.com||Cutlery and More||Amazon.com|
|Blade Material Type||Steel||Stainless steel||Steel||Carbon|
|Item Weight||0.65 lb||—||0.53 lb||0.55 lb|
|Material Type||Steel||Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||8.5 Inch||8 Inch||6.5 Inch||10 Inch|
The ultimate chefs knife is one that will be reached for again and again and the Shun Edo Chefs knife is no exception. This versatile knife is essential for anyone who's passion is to cook. Made for slicing, dicing and many other food preparation tasks, The Shun Edo Chefs knife is a powerful tool in your kitchen arsenal. Designed for power and precision, Shun Edo knives feature Shuns most advanced ergonomic handle design and blade geometry. Every aspect, from the shape of the blade to the way the handle fits snugly into the users hand, has been designed for maximum comfort and control. Razor-sharp blades, handmade from pure VG10 "super-steel", allow the weight of the knife to do the work. Each blade features mirror-polished edges and a hammered ("tsushime" in Japanese) finish for supreme cutting performance while creating natural food release from the blade. Each knife is sharpened by hand to an extreme 16-degree cutting edge, making them among the sharpest available. The name "Edo", the ancient name for the city of Tokyo, celebrates the Japanese styling of these knives, made in the tradition of Japanese sword-making. Handles are made from resin-impregnated Pakkawood for strength, durability and moisture protection, while their contour provides maximum comfort. The heavy bolster encourages proper knife grip, while handles feature a slight elevation to allow full contact between the knife and cutting surface without the chefs knuckles getting in the way; while their "zero balance" provides additional ergonomic comfort. All Shun Edo knives are NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.