Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Shun Classic 4 3/4-Inch Steak Knife" and save 21% off the $107.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Shun Classic 4 3/4-Inch Steak Knife
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4 3/4-inch Japanese steak knife; deftly cuts through steak, lamb, or pork chops
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; holds a razor-sharp edge
- Clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster
- lifetime warranty; manufactured in Seki City, Japan
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the Manufacturer
Shun Classic Cutlery
Why Buy Shun Classic:
Born of the ancient samurai-sword-making tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is an ideal choice for anyone buying their first Japanese knife or 50th. The high-quality line of cutlery makes a worthwhile addition to any chef's arsenal of tools--it's used by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Produced in the widest variety of specialized styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs.
Shun Classic's amazingly sharp blade is famous for both edge retention and ease of sharpening. Each blade has a core of VG-10 "Super Steel" with a Pattern Damascus cladding of 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel--16 layers on either side. While the wood grain pattern enhances the knife's beauty, it also adds durability and stain resistance, and reduces friction when cutting.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Blade core consists of high-carbon VG-10, a Japanese super steel known for its edge retention, allowing the knives to hold their sharp edges for years.
- Blades boast a 16-degree angle, making these the sharpest knives out of the box. This is sharper than traditional European blades, which are usually sharpened to 20-22 degrees.
- Clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for strength and flexibility. This metal is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain.
- Damascus styling adds to the beauty of the knife while the microscopic air pockets created by the cladding process reduces friction during slicing.
- D-shaped handle fits in the palm and provides comfort and control, keeping the knife's handle secure in the hand during use.
- Available standard in D-shaped handle styles or by special order in reverse D-shaped handle styles.
- Pakkawood handles, made of resin-impregnated hardwood, are NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Produced in Seki City, Japan, the capital of samurai sword manufacturing.
- Rockwell hardness rating of 60-61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer.
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty.
|Blade Material:||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal.|
|Cutting angle:||16 degrees per side (comprehensive angle 32 degrees). This is sharper than European knives, ground to 20-22 degrees per side.|
|Handle Material:||PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions.|
|Sharpening recommendations:||Weekly honing to maintain the blade, sharpening as needed with professional sharpener or Asian-style electric sharpener.|
A member of the stylish Shun Classic line, this durable steak knife deftly handles lamb, pork chops, or ribs alongside the requisite steak. A simple, elegant design enables this piece to sit comfortably amidst any table setting. The tool features a narrow, sloping blade measuring 5 inches in length with a piercing tip.
Leveraging a 90-year history of superior workmanship, Shun knives are precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI. Using technologically advanced processes, a VG-10 "super steel" core is clad with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. The Damascus detailing not only enhances the knifes aesthetic appeal, it also prevents morsels from sticking and avoids crushing or damaging foods. Forming a comfortable D-shaped hold, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and resin comprise the unique ebony Pakkawood handle. A traditionally offset stainless-steel bolster protects knuckles while a steel end-cap finishes the piece. Although dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. This product includes a lifetime warranty. -- Amy Arnold