Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife with Scallops
|Price:||$149.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8-inch Japanese Chef's knife; ideal for chopping, mincing, dicing and slicing
- Precision-forged stainless-steel blade; scalloped edge prevents food from sticking
- Clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster
- lifetime warranty; manufactured in Seki City, Japan
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife with Scallops
Shun DM0706 Classic 8-Inch Chef's Knife B0000Y7KNQ
Shun Premier Chef's Knife, 8-Inch B003B66YKA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||DealBrainz||Amazon.com||Simply Savings USA|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Steel|
|Item Weight||1 pounds||0.46 pounds||0 pounds||0.94 pounds|
|Size||8 Inch||8 Inch||8 Inch||8 Inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Shun Classic Cutlery
Why Buy Shun Classic:
Born of the ancient samurai-sword-making tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is an ideal choice for anyone buying their first Japanese knife or 50th. The high-quality line of cutlery makes a worthwhile addition to any chef's arsenal of tools--it's used by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Produced in the widest variety of specialized styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs.
Shun Classic's amazingly sharp blade is famous for both edge retention and ease of sharpening. Each blade has a core of VG-10 "Super Steel" with a Pattern Damascus cladding of 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel--16 layers on either side. While the wood grain pattern enhances the knife's beauty, it also adds durability and stain resistance, and reduces friction when cutting.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Blade core consists of high-carbon VG-10, a Japanese super steel known for its edge retention, allowing the knives to hold their sharp edges for years.
- Blades boast a 16-degree angle, making these the sharpest knives out of the box. This is sharper than traditional European blades, which are usually sharpened to 20-22 degrees.
- Clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for strength and flexibility. This metal is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain.
- Damascus styling adds to the beauty of the knife while the microscopic air pockets created by the cladding process reduces friction during slicing.
- D-shaped handle fits in the palm and provides comfort and control, keeping the knife's handle secure in the hand during use.
- Available standard in D-shaped handle styles or by special order in reverse D-shaped handle styles.
- Pakkawood handles, made of resin-impregnated hardwood, are NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Produced in Seki City, Japan, the capital of samurai sword manufacturing.
- Rockwell hardness rating of 60-61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer.
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty.
|Blade Material:||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal.|
|Cutting angle:||16 degrees per side (comprehensive angle 32 degrees). This is sharper than European knives, ground to 20-22 degrees per side.|
|Handle Material:||PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions.|
|Sharpening recommendations:||Weekly honing to maintain the blade, sharpening as needed with professional sharpener or Asian-style electric sharpener.|
Leveraging a 90-year history of superior workmanship, Shun knives are precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI. Using technologically advanced processes, a VG-10 "super steel" core is clad with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. The Damascus detailing not only enhances the knifes aesthetic appeal, it also prevents morsels from sticking and avoids crushing or damaging foods. Forming a comfortable D-shaped hold, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and resin comprise the unique ebony Pakkawood handle. A traditionally offset stainless-steel bolster protects knuckles while a steel end-cap finishes the piece. Although dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. The knife includes a lifetime warranty. -- Amy Arnold
Top Customer Reviews
These knives are more expensive than most, but I think it's definitely worth it. To have the sharpest, most beautiful knife around - it's no contest. If you are on a budget, build your collection slowly. It's been said that there are only 3 knives that are the absolute basics for any kitchen: A 8" Chef's Knife (or some kind of similar, large-ish chef's knife), a Paring Knife, and a Long Serrated blade for cutting bread and larger items. I would add a thin utility knife and a boning knife to that list next. Then I would add those "in-between" sizes as I get more money flow in. =)
If you plan on spending any time in the kitchen, good kitchen knives are a definite must.Read more ›
All in all, awesome knife from the home, awesome warranty, just wouldnt bring it into the chaos of professional kitchen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Laser sharp knife
I have it for several years, I keep it sharp with whetstones and I love it!
THE best knife I have ever owned. Will definitely be buying this to give as gifts - completely changed my JOY of chopping, slicing ... really amazing and worth EVERY penny.Published on May 16, 2014 by Sara A. Hawes
I love all my Shun knives. So sharp and hold an edge a long time. The balance and weight is great.Published on April 14, 2014 by 2manytoyz
It is so sharp that you can literally slice anything with it. The handling is perfect was well. I bought another santoku after this one.Published on March 17, 2014 by KKBattery
Nice handle, easy to use and chops great. Got one for my son as he had it on his wish list and then got myself one. Love it.Published on February 2, 2014 by Kate
Beautiful to use.
It is very delicate so use carefully. I only use it on a wooden board.
Definitely my preferred kitchen tool.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated chef's knives in our Chef's Knife Reviews.