Shun DM0749 Classic Honesuki Boning Knife, 4-1/2-Inch
|Price:||$129.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4 1/2-Inch Classic Honesuki Knife by Shun
- Handcrafted knife to remove bones from fish, meat and poultry; uniquely shaped to maneuver around and cut joints and cartilage
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; proprietary VG-MAX steel cutting core holds a razor-sharp edge
- Knives are clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster for comfortable grip to reduce fatigue
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I immediately went out the day I received this knife and bought four whole chickens to practice.....absolutely amazing blade. Having years of experience in cutting meats and culinary preparation, I was totally satisfied and then some with this Honesuki. Bear in mind however, this blade won't instantly turn you into an expert. There are a number of videos that illustrate the techniques necessary to do this [...] and once you practice a bit, you get the hang of the moves necessary to section out your bird.
Our family eats a lot of chicken, and breaking down your own birds saves you a lot of money...enjoy!
The knife blade is about 4½ inches long and has a sharp, pointed tip. Buying whole chickens and breaking them down yourself can save money. I use this knife not only for my own meals, but also for my dogs who are on a raw diet. The left over carcass and wing tips can be used for stock. This is just a great little knife, and I would recommend it for anyone who breaks down chickens, cornish hens, capons, or duck on a regular basis.
Having never used a Honesuki boning knife before I found the triangular shape of the blade a little odd at first. But after cutting up 10 chickens the other day, I have been convinced. The sharp point makes it easy to separate the flesh from the bone, the wider base easer to cut through the tougher spots.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thanks a bunch this knife is more useful than i expected. Have a marvelous day!!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Wow!!! Used it the next day after arrival, it works GREAT! Cutting-up the chicken was a BREEZE. It's smaller and much easy to maneuver. INVESTMENT pays off.Published on May 4, 2014 by RAD