Shun DMS382 3-Piece Classic Internet Special Set of Knives
|Price:||$299.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-Piece set of Shun Classic Knives: 4-Inch Paring Knife, 6-Inch Utility Knife and 7-Inch Hollow Ground Santoku Knife
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; holds a razor-sharp edge
- Knives are clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster for comfortable grip to reduce fatigue
- Lifetime warranty; manufactured in Seki City, Japan
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Unlike some other reviews, I would not recommend using a honing steel/sharpener on the knives as:
a) if you take care of them, they should maintain their edge for a very long time:
- use on a correct cutting board (plastic/bamboo etc.)
- store correctly in a block/magnetic holder - make sure the knife is not resting on its edge in the block
- don't cut into bones etc.
- use the correct cutting motion and do not push the edge of the blade straight down into the board without any back or forward motion...this will cause your blade to chip
b) you can send the knives off to shun for free sharpening after a few years when they do need it
c) it takes skill (which I don't have) to hone/sharpen at exactly the right angle
Although the paring and utility knives have slightly odd shapes, you will get used to them in no time. I actually find I use the utility knife more for my everyday cutting/chopping these days than the santoku. Only other knife I would add to my set is a chef's knife.
In terms of price, I bought each set for approx. $160. This set seems to go on sale fairly regularly for this price, so I would not recommend purchasing for the regular $300.
Very very good quality. I don't know what that "utility knife" is used for in the beginning. But it works amazingly well when cutting raw meet.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This set of knives is absolutely amazing and the price for them when I bought it during a lightning deal is great! Read morePublished on August 13, 2013 by YEWKEE L.
perfect product. I am enjoying be on a kitchen now, thanks. I can recommend this knifes to people who love to cookingPublished on July 31, 2013 by Marina Rubtsov
This is a must have set for the kitchen. I love all 3 of em' and will get more soon.Published on July 6, 2013 by brian pauly
Best Quality and the Best Price too. Using these brand knifes since 2007 at my home and professional kitchen. ThanksPublished on June 24, 2013 by Pedro
Nice weight, handsome to look at, a joy to use. The best knives I've used -- and I also have Global, Henckel etc.Published on May 12, 2013 by Kit & Kat