Consider these available items
Shun Hiro SG2 8-inch Chef's Knife
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SG2 Japanese steel cutting core and clad with 32 layers of a Damascus nickel and stainless pattern on each side for a total of 65 layers of metal
- 64° Rockwell Hardness for the ultimate in edge retention; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- Ambidextrous handle is made of dark charcoal PakkaWood with deep crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest and nickel silver bolster and embossed end cap
- Hammered tsuchime finish adds to the knife's dramatic looks and helps food release from blade
- SG2's extremely dense grain structure and purity enable it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with unparalleled durability; even more so than VG-MAX or VG-10; Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
The Shun Hiro SG2 Chef's Knife features an all-purpose blade, ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. Designed for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins and other foods. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently rocked through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
Blade Length: 8-inches
Blade Type: Fine Edge
Blade Material: Stainless Damascus with SG2 Core
Handle Material: Pakkawood
Shun Hiro SG2 Series
Combines striking beauty with peerless performance. In Japanese, the name Hiro is known as "abundant," "generous," and "prosperous." The Hiro cutting core is made of SG2 micro-carbide steel. This ultra-fine-grained steel is incredibly hard and dense, enabling Shun to make thinner blades that can be sharpened to a razor-like 16° cutting angle. At the same time, SG2 offers unmatched edge retention, so it's superb for kitchen use. Due to this combination of performance and durability, SG2 is considered by many to be the world's best blade steel for use in kitchen knives. In 150 handcrafted steps, every curve has been meticulously smoothed and rounded, from spine to heel, while each cutting edge has been precisely sharpened to make every cutting task a pleasure. True to its Eastern heritage, the Shun Hiro's handle follows straight off the blade for a grip Asian-style knife enthusiasts prefer. Made of premium charcoal-colored PakkaWood with deep crimson striations, the handle is also adorned with an inlaid brass-and-steel Samurai family crest mosaic and a mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.