Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Shun Premier 4" Paring Knife w/Tsuchime Damascus Steel Blade
|Price:||$119.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Many Shun cutlery lines are characterized by the beautiful Damascus on the blades. Shun´s Damascus is formed by layering different types of metal alloys together, then forging them into a single piece. The process—and the different characteristics of the layered metals—create the rippling patterns in you see on the blade.
- In Japanese, tsuchime (Tsoo–CHEE–may) simply means "hammered" and you will see actual hammer marks on a tsuchime–finished blade. This finish does two things: gives the knife a look that is reminiscent of the handcrafting techniques of ancient Japan; and it creates tiny pockets of air that act as hollow–ground cavities to reduce drag and quickly release food from the blade.
- Because of the hard, premium steel from which Shun cutlery is made, the blades can be thinner, lighter, and sharper. A thinner edge cuts more easily by putting less stress on the edge—so fewer strokes do the job. Thinner edges are easier to control as well, making cutting smoother and, once again, relieving stress on the edge.
- Shun´s handcrafted Japanese knives are sharpened to a precise 16° angle on each side of the blade (for double–beveled blades, this means a comprehensive angle of 32°). For comparison´s sake, European–style blades are generally sharpened to 20–22° each side for a comprehensive cutting angle of 40–44°.
- Due to the premium–quality steel we use for the cutting core of our blades, Shun´s incredibly sharp edge will nevertheless last an incredibly long time before resharpening is needed. Experience shows that with Shun you get extremely sharp edges that last an extremely long time.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Shun Premier 4" Paring Knife w/Tsuchime Damascus Steel Blade
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Gourmet Forte||BigKitchen||eKitchenWorld||Cooking Depot||Zelite Infinity||Amazon.com|
|Blade Material Type||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Steel||Carbon||Japanese VG10 Steel,67-layer Damascus,Nitro-Cooled||Carbon|
|Color||Brown||Silver||Silver||Stainless Steel||Black||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 15 x 2 in||0.62 x 8.25 x 1 in||0.5 x 8.5 x 1.12 in||2.5 x 11.6 x 0.9 in||0.63 x 7.87 x 0.49 in||2.4 x 11.6 x 0.8 in|
The paring knife is an indispensible kitchen prep knife. For peeling, trimming, making decorative cuts, or even for chopping small foods like shallots or garlic, the small size of the paring knife gives you complete cutting control. Since every kitchen needs a paring knife—and since you'll use it just about every time you cook—it makes sense to own a paring knife you can love. May we suggest the Shun Premier Paring Knife? Of course, it's beautiful. But its real beauty comes from how well it performs. A thin lightweight blade and a razor–sharp edge make every paring task a breeze. The contour on the bottom of the handle ensures an excellent grip whether held by the handle or in a pinch grip.