Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Shun VG0008 Blue Steel 10-Inch Kiritsuke Knife" and save 46% off the $313.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Shun VG0008 Blue Steel 10-Inch Kiritsuke Knife
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kiritsuke is the only multipurpose traditional Japanese knife, (in Japan only the executive chef in the kitchen is allowed to use one)
- Featuring Japanese san mai (meaning, "3-layers") construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel
- Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained "blue" carbon steel hardened to 61 Rockwell. Hand sharpened 16 degree double bevel blade
- Knife blades feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance; Light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction
- Made with traditional Japanese knife handes; each knife comes with a Japanese-style saya, or sheath
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Shun presents the Blue Steel Kiritsuke Knife, a generously sized all-purpose kitchen knife meant to complete several cutting tasks around the kitchen. Kiritsuke is the only multipurpose traditional Japanese knife, and in Japan only the executive chef in the kitchen is allowed to use one. This 10-inch knife blade slices, dices and minces-making it the knife you'll reach for again and again. In their continued pursuit of meeting the needs of professional chef's and avid home cooks in the West, Shun has created Blue Steel knives to be unlike any other knives on the market today. The Shun Blue Steel line of knives features several traditional Japanese knife styles that work well with protein, noodles, vegetables and more. Shun Steel is made with Japanese san mai (Japanese meaning, "3-layers") construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for ultra-sharp knife blades made from carbon steel, but without the need for additional maintenance. The Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained "blue" carbon steel hardened to 61 Rockwell not only is ultra-sharp, but helps maintain edge retention, keeping your knives sharper, longer. Beautifully crafted, these knives feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance, while the light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction. Each knife features traditional Japanese handle styles and includes a Japanese-style saya or knife sheath. Your Shun Blue Steel knives will bring you a lifetime of use and become your favorite go-to knives in your kitchen.