Shun VG0011 Blue Steel 4-1/2 Inch Honesuki Knife
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Japanese-style boning knife with a traditional triangular shape and stiffness for deboning meats
- Featuring Japanese san mai (meaning, "3-layers") construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel
- Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained "blue" carbon steel hardened to 61 Rockwell
- Knife blades feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance; Light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction
- Made with traditional Japanese knife handes; each knife comes with a Japanese-style saya, or sheath
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Honesuki knives; Japanese style boning knives are known by their shape which is triangular and their stiffness. This styling makes for easy deboning of chicken breasts, thighs and other meats. A traditional Japanese knife, it is becoming more popular in the West because of its ease in use. In their continued pursuit of meeting the needs of professional chef's and avid home cooks in the West, Shun has created Blue Steel knives to be unlike any other knives on the market today.The Shun Blue Steel line of knives features several traditional Japanese knife styles that work well with protein, noodles, vegetables and more. Shun Steel is made with Japanese san mai (Japanese meaning, "3-layers") construction; carbon steel sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for ultra-sharp knife blades made from carbon steel, but without the need for additional maintenance. The Blue Steel cutting core of fine-grained "blue" carbon steel hardened to 61 Rockwell not only is ultra-sharp, but helps maintain edge retention, keeping your knives sharper, longer. Beautifully crafted, these knives feature a mirror-polish that enhances stain resistance, while the light bead-blasting along the edge shows off the san mai construction. Each knife features traditional Japanese handle styles and includes a Japanese-style saya or knife sheath. Your Shun Blue Steel knives will bring you a lifetime of use and become your favorite go-to knives in your kitchen.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(chef 18 years)
As a professional chef this style is indispensable for poultry boning and this knife is excellent value for money
The sheath or "Saya" is a little loose but who buys it for that
Most recent customer reviews
It excels at boning, breaking down and otherwise dismantling...Read more