Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.23 shipping
Shure A58WS-GRA Foam Windscreen for All Shure Ball Type Microphones, Gray
- Shure microphone accessory model A58WS-GRA
- The Shure A58WS Windscreen is designed with acoustically transparent foam to reduce unwanted breath and wind noise without affecting the sound quality
- It is particularly effective in reducing pops and ticks caused by talking or singing closely into the microphone as well as reducing wind noise when using the microphones in outdoor applications
- For use with all larger Shure ball-type microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD microphones
- Available in 6 colors (including black, blue, gray, green, red and yellow) to easily identify mic channels from a distance when using multiple microphones on stage
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||SFT, Inc|
|Color||Gray||—||Black||Black, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Red|
|Item Dimensions||2.2 x 7.3 x 5.2 in||5.2 x 7.3 x 2.2 in||2.75 x 3.75 x 3.75 in||2 x 3 x 2 in|
The Shure A58WS Windscreen is designed with acoustically transparent foam to reduce unwanted breath and wind noise without affecting the sound quality. It is particularly effective in reducing pops and ticks caused by talking or singing closely into the microphone as well as reducing wind noise when using the microphones in outdoor applications. For use with all larger Shure “ball-type” microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD microphones. Available in 6 colors to easily identify mic channels from a distance when using multiple microphones on stage.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have the On Stage Foam Mic Windscreen I bought previously to use with the Audio Technica ATR-2100 mic, but wanted to try out the shure branded windscreen to see if it was any better.
It's not. Compared to the On Stage, the foam is thinner, not as dense, doesn't hug the microphone as nice (at the bottom where the opening is, the shure stays open, like a bell; the on stage is tighter at the opening) and in general feels incredibly cheaply made. And it costs more than the on stage.
Don't waste your money on the shure brand; get the On Stage windscreens instead.
You can get cheap ones that look almost as good on a web page. But, don't be fooled. I've used the cheap ones over the past thirty years in hundreds of performances as a singer. Here's what I've discovered:
• They stink.
• They lose color very fast. You cannot wash them. (However, be careful when washing the Shure ones too. Don't use soap.)
• They often block some of the treble sound of the voice.
• They often don't fit the SM58 exactly.
Use different colors for each singer and your sound person will be able to quickly adjust each individual microphone no matter where you are on the stage.
And... get the real Shure brand and you'll be happier in the long run.
It seems to prevent ambient wind noises, like a cross breeze or something. I haven't tested it outside, as I don't plan on using it out there. I bought it mainly to be a sort of pop filter when using it in omnidirectional mode, and to possibly replace the bulky pop filter I was using. Plus it keeps the inside free of dust.
Most recent customer reviews
Four stars because the top is much thicker, and a bit shorter in height. The color and ball form itself are flawless!