Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Shure A58WS-GRA Foam Windscreen for All Shure Ball Type Microphones, Gray
- Shure microphone accessory model A58WS-GRA
- The Shure A58WS Windscreen is designed with acoustically transparent foam to reduce unwanted breath and wind noise without affecting the sound quality
- It is particularly effective in reducing pops and ticks caused by talking or singing closely into the microphone as well as reducing wind noise when using the microphones in outdoor applications
- For use with all larger Shure ball-type microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD microphones
- Available in 6 colors (including black, blue, gray, green, red and yellow) to easily identify mic channels from a distance when using multiple microphones on stage
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
On-Stage Foam Ball-Type Microphone Windscreen, Black
Shure Microphone Mount (A2WS-BLK)
Mudder 5 Pack Foam Mic Cover Handheld Microphone Windscreen (5 Pack)
EJT Upgraded Microphone Pop Filter Mask Shield for Blue Yeti and Other Mic, 6 Inch Dual Layered Pop Wind Screen with Enhanced Flexible 360°Gooseneck Clip Stabilization Arm
On-Stage Foam Ball-Type Microphone Windscreen, Red
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||JetecOnline||EJT Direct||Amazon.com|
The Shure A58WS Windscreen is designed with acoustically transparent foam to reduce unwanted breath and wind noise without affecting the sound quality. It is particularly effective in reducing pops and ticks caused by talking or singing closely into the microphone as well as reducing wind noise when using the microphones in outdoor applications. For use with all larger Shure “ball-type” microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD microphones. Available in 6 colors to easily identify mic channels from a distance when using multiple microphones on stage.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have the On Stage Foam Mic Windscreen I bought previously to use with the Audio Technica ATR-2100 mic, but wanted to try out the shure branded windscreen to see if it was any better.
It's not. Compared to the On Stage, the foam is thinner, not as dense, doesn't hug the microphone as nice (at the bottom where the opening is, the shure stays open, like a bell; the on stage is tighter at the opening) and in general feels incredibly cheaply made. And it costs more than the on stage.
Don't waste your money on the shure brand; get the On Stage windscreens instead.
You can get cheap ones that look almost as good on a web page. But, don't be fooled. I've used the cheap ones over the past thirty years in hundreds of performances as a singer. Here's what I've discovered:
• They stink.
• They lose color very fast. You cannot wash them. (However, be careful when washing the Shure ones too. Don't use soap.)
• They often block some of the treble sound of the voice.
• They often don't fit the SM58 exactly.
Use different colors for each singer and your sound person will be able to quickly adjust each individual microphone no matter where you are on the stage.
And... get the real Shure brand and you'll be happier in the long run.
Not flimsy at all, decent thickness and does enough for hard P B T sounds so I don't need to deal with the hassle of a pop filter.
No odd smells or anything, so it seems like the company takes pride in their products being quality and healthy.
Top reviews from other countries
Honestamente quedé muy satisfecho, ya que pude reemplazar un filtro pop que utilizaba y me estorbaba para poder jugar videojuegos con la computadora, este windscreen me permite acercarme mucho al micrófono y obtener el efecto de proximidad sin que se escuchen poppeos y reducir significativamente el sonido que producía mi respiración.
Insomma se non avete particolari pretese ci sono pacchetti con tanti filtri di tanti colori, se cercare qualcosa di buono, spendete per questo ogetto.