Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Shure BETA 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone wi..." and save 56% off the $300.40 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Shure BETA 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone with High Output Neodymium Element for Vocal/Instrument Applications
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Uniform super cardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection off axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal to noise output
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Shure BETA 58A Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone with High Output Neodymium Element for Vocal/Instrument Applications
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Austin Bazaar||Amazon.com||DigitalDJGear||Austin Bazaar|
|Item Dimensions||2 x 6.5 x 2 in||3.3 x 10.3 x 4.9 in||6 x 40 x 6 in||3.5 x 10 x 5 in||4 x 10 x 10 in||8 x 37 x 6 in|
The Shure Beta 58A is a high output super cardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide. Designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording Shure Beta 58A high-output super cardioid dynamic vocal microphone is a great choice for vocalists and touring professionals. Maintaining a true super cardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, the Beta 58A insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. And its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille make it great for use on the stage.
Designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording Shure Beta 58A high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone is a great choice for vocalists and touring professionals. Maintaining a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, the Beta 58A insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. And its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille make it great for use on the stage.
The Shure Beta 58A vocal microphone.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV) *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing. Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille.
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter: Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8"-27 thread, black finish.
- Weight: 9.92 ounces
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Shure Beta 58A has a narrower pattern than its sister mic, the Shure 58, and fits my needs perfectly. We have had no feedback issues at all likely due to its narrower pick up pattern. It is definitely a hotter mic so it picks up and projects my vocals better than any other mic I have tried. While a cable does not come with it as they often do with other mics, I have no complaints what so ever with the Beta 58.
An interesting side note is that we have recently gotten a new lead vocalist who we are working into our set lists at gigs. He has a strong, powerful and deep voice. When he first showed up to a rehearsal I noticed that he was also using the Shure Beta 58A and he sounds great.
Personally, this is the mic for me, and after hearing him, I came to realize that this mic should be perfect for any one. Buying from Amazon was hassle free and it was delivered even before I expected. Definitely, 5 Stars.
I do hope that this brief review has been of some help to you in deciding upon your purchase.
Thanks for reading.
I picked up this Beta 58 based on a friends comments about it and couldn't be happier.
It does take some getting used to because of the tight pattern but no big deal. A little practice with holding your singing position and you're golden.
The other thing I read about is the feedback rejection. And it's true. I had my gear almost dimed and had zero feedback. Well...except for my wife. heh heh...
Would I recommend to others? Oh hell yeah. Great mic and tough as nails.