Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shure PGXD24/SM58-X8 Wireless Microphones
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on April 18, 2015
Just thought I should let people know that I would have written a review like all the others when I first got the unit. I bought this setup two years ago, and it worked great for a few months. Then it became spotty. Now, the mic turns on, and the receiver shows its getting signal, but there is really scratchy sound through the system, and sometimes no sound at all. It's not the board, because everything else works fine, and this works the same no matter which channel I use. So it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new mic and see if it's the mic, and if its not, I guess I'll have to buy a new receiver. This unit is too expensive not to last longer than six months.
on December 25, 2011
If you're a musician who has been disappointed with the old standard UHF or VHF wireless technology, you should understand that this is a whole different animal. No "compander" needed (if you've used the old systems you know what that is ... a compander is an extra device that attempts to re-expand the dynamic range that gets compressed by virtue of the modulation technique used in the old systems), no squelch issues, just pure crystal clear "Digital" wireless sound. One of the other big names in the industry, that I know and love (ok it's "Line 6"), came out with digital wireless guitar and microphone systems over two years ago, and I love their guitar transmitters, but their microphone cartridges fell short. This one is a genuine Shure SM 58 cartridge (you can get others) going out through a perfectly clean digital wireless transmitter. I swear it sounds like you're singing through a Shure microphone with a cord.

Again, this is a whole different animal from the old UHF and VHF systems ... you'll love it.

Addendum: You can order this unit with one of several different Shure cartridges, in fact, you can order a different cartridge later, and just swap them when ever you want to. While the SM 58 is kind of the industry gold standard by which all other microphones are measured, I have recently become a big fan of the Beta 58A. See my other review of this unit with the Beta 58A, which is the one I actually ordered through Amazon.
on June 9, 2016
It sounds great and it was very easy to set up. The only negatives are small. 1) It is a lot thicker than a regular SM58, so it feels weird in my hand, and it doesn't fit in the microphone slots we had drilled in our custom-made, wooden music stands for church. I have not yet tried it in a regular microphone stand, but I would doubt that it is that thick that it wouldn't fit in a stand. 2) It really eats up the batteries. We turn it off after church and practice. We only have it on a total of 3-4 hours a week, and we have to change the batteries every 2 to 2.5 hours a week. Other than that, we love it. Originally, we only bought it so that Pastor could use it to pass around to the kids during the children's sermon, so that everyone could hear what the kids are saying. Also, for use when people have announcements, those who use our hearing assist, could now hear what people are saying. However, we needed to plug this new microphone in my channel, due to a lack of open channels, and I love how it sounds. I love not tripping over a cord too. I don't really have any reason to be super mobile, but if someone was in a different kind of band, the lead singer would love this microphone, and the freedom of movement it would grant them.
on September 19, 2012
I've had this mike for a couple of months, and have used it extensively for both practices and gigs. I really did not want to go wireless, as I've had reliability and clarity issues with wireless systems in the past. But my penchant for spinning around in circles and subsequently knotting up/destroying mike cords forced my hand. Could not be happier with this mike. Setup was incredibly simple--pulled it out of the original packaging at a gig, and the soundman had this mike ready to roll in a minute or two..simple press of a button for it to lock onto the receiver. I've been a fan of the SM58 mike for a long time, and this mike seems to provide even more clarity than a normal 58, which I know doesn't make any sense...maybe it's the digital format. If you are debating on the analog version of this mike that's a bit less money..all I can say is go digital! Clarity and overall sound duplication is great. No issues with blowing Ps or other hard consonents. Button to turn the mike off/mute is nicely placed and impossible to click off accidentally. Mike clip isn't the usual brittle plastic I've dealt with in the past. The case that holds the mike & components is sturdy and road-worthy. I have spent far more money on wireless mikes that offered far less quality. I'd highly recommend this system.
on January 20, 2016
Great microphone and good price.
Had issues with interference. Sometimes sound keeps switching on and off. Although batteries are new and tried different channels.
Other than that good mic. Good range and very clear sound
on July 7, 2015
Bought this system after watching our singer drop his mic/transmitter a couple of times during gigs. Especially once he told me he's been using this system for 5 years about 4 to 5 times a week with no problems. Great, clear and solid system.
on July 31, 2012
It is excellent , very good sound clarity , very good performance in speech and live music , i really like it , i did not face any problems till now
on February 26, 2013
Got so tired of tangled wires...so bought this mike for my wife to use with our big band and combo work. Everything works great...turn it on and it's ready to go! I did add the Beta58 module for her use where she needs even more feedback control...and both "heads" work perfectly! For live performance...I don't think you'll find a better microphone without spending a significant amount more money! For those of us that are not full-timers....great microphone for any venue!
on December 7, 2015
I am extremely disappointed in this product. I purchased it for use in an elementary school with existing powered speakers and a Peavy mixer. The microphone feeds back regardless of where it is in relation to the speakers and is pretty much useless. I would have returned it but chose not to since I had already used it - or attempted to anyway. I also purchased the same model in a wired configuration that works perfectly and saved the day for our needs. Please note I did not intend to write a negative review like this since I am such a fan of Shure products but when I received this request, I could not control my frustration any longer.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
These are wonderful units. Almost flawless to a fault. Great, clear sound. No interference. Extremely easy to set up. I highly recommend these wireless units.