Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones with Single Dynamic MicroDriver
- “-CL” designates the product’s color variation (clear).
- Evolved from personal monitor technology that's been road-tested by pro musicians, the SE215 offers detailed sound with enhanced bass for personal listening or professional monitoring.
- Comfortable sound isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise. Sound isolation technology prevents outside noise from interfering with your listening experience, whether on-stage or on-the-go.
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle is designed to rest comfortably in the ear.
- Durable reinforced cable allows easy replacement or customization. Formable wire ensures secure placement, and over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way. Gold plated MMCX Connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360-degree rotation for comfortable fit.
- Fit Kit includes three sizes (S, M, L) of the flex and black foam sleeves. Experiment with the size and style that creates the best fit for you. A good seal is key to optimizing sound isolation and bass response as well as maximizing comfort during extended wear.
- A soft-zip, compact carrying case is included to provide a convenient, tangle-free solution to store and travel with your earphones.
- Wireless SE215 earphones (with a Bluetooth communication cable) are also available. Sold separately in 4 colors (Clear: SE215-CL-BT1, Black: SE215-K-BT1, Blue: SE215SPE-B-BT1, White: SE215SPE-W-BT1).
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
SE215 earphones take audio to the next level, on every level. The sound isolating design blocks out background noise for an immersive, true-to-life experience - perfect for the stage or the street.
Below: Available Options for Shure SE215s.
- +UNI: Universal 3.5mm remote + mic for Apple & Android (available in Clear, Black, White & Blue)
- +BT2: Bluetooth 5.0 wireless remote + mic control (available in Clear, Black, White & Blue)
- SE215-CL: Clear, Standard 3.5mm detachable cable (64”)
- SE215SPE: Special Edition Blue, Standard 3.5mm detachable cable (46")
SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones
Hear It All.
SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones provide legendary sound in a secure, over–the-ear design for long-lasting comfort and immersive audio. Available in wireless and wired versions with detachable cables in multiple color options.
- Secure, over-the-ear configuration keeps earphones in place and cables out of the way for unmatched, long-wearing comfort.
- Wireless models pair with most phones, laptops and tablets with Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, and provide up to 10 hours of battery life and 30 feet (10 meters) of wireless range.
- Universal communication models come equipped with remote + mic control and selectable iOS/Android functionality with 3.5 mm connection.
- Inline remote and mic on select models offers seamless control for phone calls, voice commands, and easily accessible operation of volume and music playback.
One Hi Def Driver
Single Dynamic Driver produces clear sound with deep bass in a convenient and portable package. Special Edition (SPE) white and blue versions have distinctly tuned frequency response for extended bass. Sensitivity: 107 dB SPL/mW. Frequency Range: 22 Hz –17.5 kHz / 21 Hz – 17 kHz (SPE). Speaker Type: Single High-Definition. Impedance: 17 Ω. Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
Comfortable sound isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise. Sound isolation technology prevents outside noise from interfering with your listening experience, whether onstage or on-the-go. Shure Sound Isolating Earphones require a proper fit to achieve the best sound.
Detachable cable system enables multiple connectivity options for long-term device compatibility, upgrades, and ease of maintenance. See below for four different connectivity options, including Bluetooth, Lightning, USB-C, and Universal 3.5 mm.
|Sound Signature||Detailed Sound with Enhanced Bass||Accurate and Balanced Sound||Spacious Sound with Rich Bass||Extended High-End Clarity and Unparalleled Low-End Performance|
|Sensitivity (1kHz)||107 dB SPL/mW||109 dB SPL/mW||119 dB SPL/mW||114 dB SPL/mW|
|Impedance (1kHz)||17 Ω||20 Ω||36 Ω||9 Ω|
|Noise Attenuation||Up to 37 dB||Up to 37 dB||Up to 37 dB||Up to 37 dB|
|Frequency Range||22 Hz – 17.5 kHz / 21 Hz – 17 kHz (SPE)||20Hz – 19kHz||18 Hz – 19 kHz / 18 Hz – 19.5 kHz (LTD)||15Hz – 20kHz|
|Color Options||Black, Blue, Clear, White||Clear, Silver||Clear, Bronze, Red||Black, Blue, Bronze, Clear|
|Available as Wireless?||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Already own a pair of SE Earphones with a detachable cable? Convert/upgrade with cable options:
Bluetooth Earphone Communication Cables
Converts all detachable Shure Earphones to wireless, and provides 10 hours of battery life with seamless control of playback, volume, phone, and voice commands.
Model: RMCE-BT2 (Bluetooth 5.0)
Lightning Earphone Communication Cable
Enables direct connection of Shure Earphones to Apple devices with a lightning connection, featuring an integrated DAC/Headphone Amp for 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio and mic + remote for inline control and communication.
Model: RMCE-LTG (discontinued)
USB-C Earphone Communication Cable
Enables direct connection of Shure Earphones to Android Devices with mini-USB, featuring an integrated DAC/Headphone Amp for 24-bit/96 kHz digital audio and mic + remote for inline control and communication.
Model: RMCE-USB (discontinued)
Universal 3.5 mm Earphone Communication Cable
Easily switch between Android and iOS in one switch with seamless control of music playback, volume, phone, and voice commands. Will work with all Shure Sound Isolating SE Earphones with detachable cables.
Compare with similar items
Shure SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones with 3.5mm Cable, Remote and Mic, Special Edition Blue
Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud Headphones/Headset with mic for phone call, Black
Shure SE425 Wireless Earphones with Bluetooth 5.0, Sound Isolating, Silver
Urbeats3 Wired Earphones With Lightning Connector - Tangle Free Cable, Magnetic Earbuds, Built In Mic And Controls - Coral
MEE audio M6 PRO Musicians’ In-Ear Monitors with Detachable Cables; Universal-Fit and Noise-Isolating (2nd Generation) (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Color||Clear||Special Edition Translucent Blue||Black||Silver||Coral||Black|
|Item Dimensions||3.00 x 7.00 x 2.00 inches||2.01 x 3.03 x 6.89 inches||2.63 x 1.50 x 6.75 inches||2.01 x 6.06 x 6.89 inches||5.12 x 1.46 x 5.51 inches||4.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches|
|Item Weight||5.64 ounces||—||0.28 ounces||—||—||0.78 ounces|
|Special Features||lightweight||Sound Isolating, In-Line 3-Button Remote with Microphone, Detachable Cable||android-phone-control||Sound Isolating, Wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, In-Line 3-Button Remote with Microphone, Detachable Cable||In-Ear, wired lightning||Noise Isolation|
The sound is diminished onto the one earpiece troubleshooting tips : Most likely it is due to earwax inside the nozzle or sleeve. The nozzle is the passage way for the audio signal. The nozzle opening is very tiny. The smallest amount of wax or moisture can cause a drastic drop in sound level . First, replace the sleeves with new sleeves to see if that restores the full level .Then, please clean the nozzle to ensure it is not clogged. Over 90% of the earphones returned to Shure for service are not defective, but clogged. Some times, the wax is not visible to the eye, as it is either too small of an amount or is further up inside the earphone where it can not be seen. Even the smallest, non-visible amount can dramatically affect the output level . If you have the discontinued E4 or SCL4 model, replace the nozzle with a spare one supplied in the package. Simply unscrew the silver ring to replace the nozzle.If moisture gets in the nozzle due to cleaning or intense exercise, the earphone may cut out until it dries. Let the earphones sit overnight and then see if the sound level is restored . Shure has introduced new foam sleeves that include a wax filter. Thus, when earwax gets caught in the wax filter, simply changing the sleeves will often bring back the proper sound of the earphones
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
FYI - the M6 is currently $45 on amazon. The M7's (dual driver) currently is $120. If you really want to spend double the price...buy the M6 and send me the rest =)!
- Variety of ear inserts so you can choose most comfortable (size and texture wise - offer both foam and rubber)
- Cord is detachable from the IEMs so you can replace the cord when it goes out
- Super long cord (can be nice, but can also cause you to get snagged a little more often)
- Bass sounds great, overall sound is great (way better than iPhone headphones)
- Comes with a handy little pouch to store
* Fit under a close fitting motorcycle helmet
* Offer sufficient seal and sound isolation
* Have sufficient volume
* Do not protrude from ears when installed. Do not bear on helmet causing fatigue. Easy to pu helmet on and take off.
* Cord setup is nice. Detachable at phone makes losing them to damage far less likely. No tangles. Behind the ear reduces possibility of pulling when you turn your head
* Fit. Selection of foam and rubber tips helps ensure you'll get a good seal and decent bass
* Price. Good price for what you get
* A little boomy in the bass. However, its easy enough to address with the Spotify EQ. I'd rather have too much and need to attenuate than not enough (which is almost impossible to make up for)
* Insertion technique takes a little practice to get right.
Great for motorcycle use! Fair price. Quality construction
They also have very good sound isolation when you use the foam tips. Listening to good quality sound without outside sounds interfering is awesome. You can get very immersed in the music with these. However these tips need to be squished, like you would ear plugs, prior to being put in the ear which requires two hands and is irritating if you tend to take your earphones in and out all day.
I find these uncomfortable to wear. The few inches of the wire from where they plug into the ear buds is supposed to have "memory" so that you can shape it around the ear. I find that it doesn't have enough memory and I'm constantly fighting to keep the wires around my ear. They tend to loose shape, pop up and fall from my ear. Having the wires just hang directly is not an option because they are too heavy and will pull the buds out of my ear. The design would be greatly improved with a more solid rubber or plastic piece to go behind the ears.
My first impression was that they are very durable. The wires are thick and seem much more robust than your average headphone wires. The plastic of the buds also feels very solid and well constructed. I have a feeling you could step on these and they wouldn't break. I assumed they would last me for years. Six months after buying them, sound started to crackle and cut with movement. The insulation around the part of the wire just before the jack completely cracked and caused this issue with the sound and rendered the headphones unusable unless I plan not to move while listening. Because the wires unplug from the buds, I might be able to buy replacement wires but I haven't looked into it because they were so inconvenient to use I'm not interested in using them anyway.
For me, earbuds are for mobile, on the go use and should be durable. I thought these would fit the bill but they let me down. They are also inconvenient and uncomfortable, especially if you need to take them out and put them in frequently. Because of these factors, I will never purchase another pair again, despite the great sound quality.
Regarding the noise isolation, its good but I dont buy that its 100$ good. I have cheaper headphones that dont involve the uncomfortable fit with noise isolation that approaches this. And I tried every size option in the kit so I don't think this is user error. All in all, I'm a bit disappointmented.