Shure SM58-CN Dynamic Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off. Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise.
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise. Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter.
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees. Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability.
- Integrated spherical filter minimizes wind and breath pop noise
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source, while minimizing unwanted background noise
- Ruggedly constructed with steel mesh grille
- Pneumatic shock system
- Frequency response - 50Hz to 15kHz
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Shure SM58-CN Dynamic Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||VIP PRO AUDIO||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Austin Bazaar||K&M Camera Since 1976|
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 10 x 5 in||4 x 10 x 10 in||1.99 x 1.97 x 0.63 in||2.2 x 7.9 x 10.62 in||37 x 5 x 6 in||6 x 30 x 6 in|
The legendary SM58 is an industry-standard, highly versatile cardioid dynamic vocal microphone that is consistently the first choice of vocal performers around the globe. Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise, delivering warm and clear vocal reproduction.
From the Manufacturer
The legendary Shure SM58 vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
Rugged construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
The Standard for Dynamic Vocal Mics
You'll find multiple SM58s in most any studio or live music venue - no doubt you've heard of them. The SM58's frequency response is tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff. The uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise, which is ideal for vocals, especially in live situations where background noise is substantial.
The microphone's pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise, making it a great choice for handheld vocals, and the built-in wind/pop filter helps keep things in check.
The dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast metal case has legendary looks and - paired with the mesh grille - legendary toughness.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
Click for Image
|50 to 15,000 Hz|
Click for Image
(at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage)
|-54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV) |
1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
|Impedance||Rated impedance is 150 Ohms (300 Ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance|
|Polarity||Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3|
|Case||Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille|
|Connector||Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)|
|Net Weight||298 grams (10.5 oz)|
|Dimensions||162 mm (6-3/8 in.) L x 51 mm (2 in.) W|
|SM58-LC||Includes Stand Adapter and Zippered Pouch|
|SM58S||Includes Integrated On/Off Switch, Swivel Adapter and a Zippered Pouch|
|SM58-CN||Includes 7.6 m (25 ft) XLR-Male to XLR-Female Cable, Swivel Adapter and a Zippered Pouch|
|SM58-X2U||Includes X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter and 9.8' USB Cable|
Accessories & Replacement Parts
|A58WS||Windscreen (6 Color Options)||C25F||7.6 m Cable (25 ft)||A26M||Dual Mount||R59||Cartridge|
|A55M||Isolation Mount||A25D||Microphone Clip||RK153G||Screen and Grille||S37A||Desk Stand|
SM Microphones are equal to the demands of high-energy performance, proven time and time again through decades of rigorous use by performers and engineers of all experience levels. The renowned sound and construction of the SM Microphone line has remained the metric by which all other microphone performance has been judged, setting standards for minimized handling noise and improved gain before feedback. In live performance and recording applications, SM Microphones are legendary - virtually indestructible professional gear.
Top customer reviews
The SM sounded muted compared to D5 without any sound modification out of box. The output is also a little less sensitive than the D5.
However I like the look of SM58 and it seems to be extremely durable.
I had to do a bit of post audio editing to remove the small noise, although the quality out of the box is great, and it's not fully necessary to do some post editing.
It's also very directional, it won't "hear" anything if you are not in front of the mic. Also, you need to be close to the mic, less than 6 inches I would say.