Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on November 7, 2014
This album is definitely different from her previous album, The Listening, but that's one of the things that makes it so great! Lights has an amazing voice and a knack for writing great songs and she proves it once again in Siberia. This album is definitely on the grittier side of electropop with dubstep influenced laced throughout it and a few great features on her songs that really add to them. Most of the complaints directed towards this album are from people who are strictly fans of the shiny and bubbly side of electropop, but if you have a more open mind and a wider range in music taste, I know if you are a fan of Lights this album will not disappoint. :3
on April 21, 2012
I must admit I liked Lights' first album better, because I like every single song on it. Not so here. While this album has a few songs that are definitely her best, it also has some that I really don't like. They seemed to lose some of that charming melody she's so good at in favor of electronic noise, and in a couple cases, rap.

Aside from my quibbles with those few songs, she's made a great album and I'll at least check out her next one. Hopefully she'll keep with the lighthearted tone of her earlier songs...and of the few on this album that I adore.
on February 9, 2017
Lights is my wife's favorite artist. I got her this CD when it came out. We listened to it for 3 years straight.
I am not kidding or exaggerating.
on July 3, 2017
good music
on July 8, 2014
I became a fan of Lights when I heard "Siberia" play during a commercial at the movie theater. I actually thought that the song was annoying until I listened to it from start to finish. I bought the album not knowing if the rest of the record was good or not. I blasted it in my car and fell head-over-heal in love with it! Lights is one of those artists that knows what she is doing. It has a few hills and valleys to it. I like how she calmed it down with those valleys instead of being all in-you-face the whole time. MUST BUY!
on May 3, 2017
Perfect
on March 8, 2013
I decided to get this album after hearing a sample of Peace Sign online. I loved about half the album right away. Some of the other songs took time to grow on me. I like the somewhat distorted sound and light dubstep sounds. I don't find it to be distracting or annoying like some distorted music. My family that's heard it doesn't like it. I guess you should listen online before purchasing to get an idea of what it's like.

Many of the songs are catchy, and some remind me of 80s music. It's one of the more unusual albums I've bought in recent years. I like the mix of pop and bass-heavy sound throughout it.
on October 21, 2012
Lights is so great! I first fell in love with her album "The Listening", but I totally love this new direction Lights has taken by adding dubstep and rap. It makes her much more flavorful and enjoyable. My favorite tracks are "Everybody Breaks a Glass" "Where the Fence is Low" "Toes" "Heavy Rope" and "Timing is Everything."
If you love Lights, I encourage you to find her YouTube page and subscribe! LIGHTSARMY also has a lot of great videos. Also make an account on her website [...]

She is so great and nothing trashy like what you hear in the media!
on April 16, 2012
I first discovered Lights on Myspace and couldn't get her first hits out of my head. I thought she was absolutely adorable and appreciated the fact that she's a REAL artist. She understands who she is as a musician/songwriter/artist, and she's great at it. It's always a blast to see her at her concerts because she's lovely, down-to-earth and fun! I really enjoy her first album, and I like Siberia just as well. In fact, "Siberia" is my favorite track. =)
on October 19, 2011
Simply put, this is Lights' best album so far. If you like her or have been interested in her music, this is a great place to start. While there is some songs I like more than others, the entire album is playable, and the gems outweigh the rest. My only gripe (for those of you familiar with lights) is that the My Boots single & it's remixed weren't included. They would have fit in nicely with this album. Overall 9/10

BTW the artwork of the digipack has some nice pics of Lights :)