Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on December 30, 2015
I don't know what to say about this game. I've been playing Civilization since I was a small child, starting with Civ II. I've played II. III. IV, and V. IV is by far the best of them. All the game mechanics come together perfectly for the most epic playing experience. In my mind, this is THE definitive version of Civilization, the game of Sid Meier's Civilization in its Platonic form. It's an older game but if you're reading this review and you have an inkling of a desire to run your own country, buy this game.
on August 12, 2016
AHHHHH!!! steam is frustrating. I paid for this game through Amazon, but can't get it to load on Steam. $39 waste.
on March 10, 2016
GREAT graphics
on May 6, 2013
This is still the best Civilization IMHO.

More complex than Civ 5, and lets face it, if you like Civ, you probably have a mind that loves the complex. Better gameplay than Civ 5. Leonard Nemoy voice work and Baba Yetu are icing on the cake.

The only real problem I have with Civ 4 are the "Stacks of death": The computer sometimes masses large amounts of military units, more than most sane people would make.... But that is why artillery exists >;}

This version is Steam compatible, and that's a good thing. I never have to worry about finding my game disc. If you want to play offline, use offline mode. It's not rocket science.
on February 13, 2013
Read a real game review if you are curious! This is arguably the best turn based strategy to date. Civ5 provides a prettier and more streamlined game but looses out on some micromanage aspects that made this game what it is. On sale this is a very low entry price for Civ.
on June 2, 2016
My husband loves to play the game. I am afraid I may get sucked into the game too. Well, as soon as I download it to my computer. I am putting it off as long as I can
on May 14, 2013
It was great as a digital download and I was glad to know that I could import it to my steam account.
on May 30, 2016
Great turn based strategy game hours and hours of entertainment
Online community has moved on
on December 27, 2016
Enjoyed the game. Had played various parts before but had never played the 'Colonists' portion.
on June 21, 2016
Always love Civ games so got this at a great price to play on my Steam account.