- File Size: 2160 KB
- Print Length: 78 pages
- Publisher: Digireads.com (July 1, 2004)
- Publication Date: July 1, 2004
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC21PA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,640 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$3.75|
Save $2.76 (74%)
Siddhartha (with Biographical Afterword) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 78 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $2.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
What makes this story so engaging (without sharing too much) is the way the ending reflects the beginning. This narrative arch marks this book as a masterwork and calls the reader to question long after reading.
Unfortunately, this version of Siddhartha contains huge amount of typographical errors. Missing articles (a, an, the) and goofs such as "out" instead of "our." If you've read Siddhartha before, you can stumble through this edition. If this is your first reading, SKIP this one and order the paperback. The errors don't effect the actual meaning of the story - much - but they are numerous enough to be annoying and a bit confusing.
If I was reviewing strictly on the work, this would be a five star review. I'm holding back because the Xist Classics edition is rife with typos and, in some cases, what I think are cases of omitted words. It's distracting and detrimental to the work. Unless you absolutely can't justify the expense, pass on this $0.99 edition and spring for one from a major publisher.
For me, the part I enjoyed the most was the fact that it was not just another retelling of the classic Guatama story. It tells the story of a man who is not the Buddha, but who met the Buddha. He realized that there is something beyond just following the teachings of the Buddha, and the Sangha. He understood that he had to take his own path towards finding true peace in his soul.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Contemporary