Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,019 reviews
on April 24, 2017
My husband read this book as a child and wanted me to experience it. It made you want to keep reading. When I got to the end I was sad. I wanted to learn more,
on July 9, 2015
I read the first book as a child and loved it then (and now.) It is what got me fascinated with "survival" skills aka living off the land in the wild. I enjoyed rereading it, partly for itself and partly for nostalgia. I remember movie critics Siskel and Ebert saying the way to evaluate a sequel, is to ask yourself whether, without the original, you'd nevertheless enjoy it. Applying that approach to the second and third books in the trilogy (written some 40 years after the first): Yes, I'd have enjoyed them as stand-alones but, as such, I'd likely have given them only 2 or 3 stars whereas the original was definitely 5 star material - for the age group at which it seemed to be targeting: boys and girls 12-18(?)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2015
I read My Side of the Mountain when I was in junior high school, and I wanted to get this book for my son. I read it before I gave it to him, and I couldn't put it down. Each night I read one of the the trilogy and I remembered why I loved it so much as a kid. My son is in 2nd grade and now he is reading it too. He is young, but reads non stop so a novel isn't too much for him. I am so glad I finally own this book, it's a great book to turn kids onto reading, and it is a great book for all ages.
on September 10, 2017
I first read this book many years ago when I was 10-12. I've re--read it many times since that and recently purchased a new copy for my oldest son to read. I remember many times imagining what it would be like to live on my own in the woods. This is an excellent book that I highly recommend for any pre-teen or teen.
on June 9, 2017
A great gift for young adults who are into adventure/primitive living while learning through trial and error of being self-reliant.
on July 26, 2017
So far my kids are loving this book. We've been reading it together at night and my brother and I did the same thing with my mom when we were kids.
on September 12, 2017
I read this to my kids over the summer and they loved it. Quite a bit of of the nature terms went above my 7 year olds head, but he still loved the story. They even had fun relating Sams experiences with their own.
on July 19, 2017
My 12 yr old son and I loved this book - you must read On the Edge of Nowhere - a true story! you will love it but there are parts that are NOT appropriate for children - I just self edited but was totally worth it!
on July 22, 2017
Both my husband and myself really enjoyed this book. A good read for kids of all ages.
on April 25, 2017
My favorite book as a child. Very happy to have it back in my collection for my children to read. Book is in EXCELLENT. Condition!