|Item Weight||18.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20.5 x 18 x 15 inches|
|Item model number||US2:VC30GRYU|
|Style||Indoor/Outdoor with 20-Foot Cord|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Siemens VC30GRYU Versicharge 30-Amp Electric Vehicle Charger with Flexible Indoor/Outdoor and 20-Feet Cord
|Price:||$492.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$57.00 (10%)|
Want this professionally installed?
- Local codes may require permits or inspections, not included in estimate
- Full inspection of all equipment prior to EVSE installation
- Site inspection to ensure equipment is installed in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Installation of EVSE equipment
- Start-up inspection
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy plug and play installation with provided mounting bracket and options to locate receptacle below or behind the unit.
- VersiCharge plugs into a NEMA 6-50 type receptacle installed in the wall below where the unit is mounted; it cannot be connected to a standard 110/120V receptacle.
- Mounting pole accessory available as catalog number VCPOSTGRY (sold separately). Input Voltage-208 - 240 V AC
- Completely recharges most EV batteries in less than 3.5 hours, and has a time of charge delay feature which can be set to 2-4-6-8 hours.
- 20 foot flexible cord with easy storage on the VersiCharge unit.
- Highest quality assurance with best in class 3 year warranty.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Siemens VC30GRYU Versicharge 30-Amp Electric Vehicle Charger with Flexible Indoor/Outdoor Cord
Siemens VersiCharge Electric Vehicle Chargers
Founded more than 165 years ago, Siemens is a worldwide industry leader in electronics and electrical engineering, dedicated to innovation, quality, and reliability in the fields of energy, industry, and healthcare. Standing for technological excellence and delivering infrastructure solutions, Siemens is the world’s chief supplier of environmental technologies, with about 40 percent of its total revenue coming from green products and solutions. VersiCharge is just one more best in class product in the green energy sector to be developed by Siemens.
The Siemens 30-A Level 2 VersiCharge electric vehicle charger is available in two configurations – Hardwire for indoor use only (VC30GRYHW) and Universal which can be used indoors and outside (VC30GRYU). The Universal unit arrives ready to plug in for use into a 240V receptacle and is easily attachable to most surfaces with the provided mounting bracket.
Most EV batteries will be charged from zero to full in less than 3.5 hours, leaving plenty of time to delay your charge by 2-8 hours with the easy to use time of charge delay feature on the unit. Additional features like the status indicating LED Halo visible from a distance and a clean cord management solution will leave you even more satisfied when you get into your fully charged EV every day.
Choose Whichever Installation is Right for You
The Universal VersiCharge is equipped with a plug and cord assembly which can either be plugged into a suitably sized double-gang receptacle below or behind the unit. The plug and cord assembly can be detached from the unit for a hardwired installation. For an indoor only hardwire application, we recommend the more cost effective VersiCharge hardwire version (VC30GRYHW). Not only does this easy plug and play installation enable you to take your VersiCharge on the road with you, but it comes equipped with a mounting bracket and other hardware for permanent installation at home in your garage, carport, or parking pad. The weatherproof NEMA 4 enclosure, made of 60 percent recycled material with matte finish, is designed to withstand the elements no matter its location. The unit’s standard SAE J1772 connector is ergonomic for user comfort and an integrated holster keeps debris and dust out of the plug for clean and convenient usage. The attached 20-foot cord (14 foot for Hardwire only) wraps over the top of the enclosure for expedient, clean storage.
Making Energy Efficiency Easy
The VersiCharge is jam packed with user-friendly features that make it easier than ever to efficiently and economically charge your electric vehicle. Monitor the status of your vehicle’s charge with help from the LED color indication halo that’s visible from across the garage and displays the stage at which your charge stands, from ready to charge, to charging, to fully charged. As demand response utility plans increase in popularity, inquire with your utility about utilizing the VersiCharge low voltage connection to enroll your charger in potential savings programs offered by your utility. Further adjust charging status to specifically fit your schedule and electricity bill budget with help from the delay timer functionality, which allows you to postpone charging for up to eight hours from the time of plug-in with the press of a button. Regardless of when you choose to charge, the VersiCharge power output can be adjusted to complement the outlet’s capability, ranging in increments from a maximum power setting of 7.2 kW to 1.8 kW. Plus, by delivering adjustable, extended amperage options, the VersiCharge keeps up with evolving electric vehicle technology, helping to future proof compatibility over time. If you are looking for speed, please refer to the table at the top right of the page to compare the amount of miles charged in a certain time period by your VersiCharge over a Level I charger and other seemingly competitive products.
What is in the Box
One Siemens 30-amp VersiCharge electric vehicle charger with cord and plug, one mounting bracket, and a digital manual on a reusable USB stick. 240V receptacle that mounts in the wall of the home NOT included and must be purchased separately from a receptacle manufacturer.
- Compatible with all plug-in electric vehicles (SAE J1772 vehicle plug)
- 30-amp, 240-volt Level II charging capability cuts charge time in half versus Level I
- User-friendly installation, design, and functionality
- Flexible wiring options—bottom-fed and rear-fed—for flexible configuration
- Dimensions: 16.5 inches by 16.5 inches by 6.5 inches; weighs 21 pounds
- Demand Response capability to take advantage of utility savings programs
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed for quality standards
Top customer reviews
When it came time to buy an EV charging station, we had a few requirements:
- No requirement for a hardwired connection
- Compatible with all the current EVs
- Strong warranty
- Attractive design
The Siemens Versicharge seemed like a great fit, and we are very happy with it so far.
- Doesn't require a hardwired connection. This is a HUGE advantage, since if the unit ever breaks and needs to be swapped out, you won't need an electrician to come and unwire the old one and rewire the new one.
- Clean and modern design. The pulsating light bars on the top of the unit might seem gimmicky, but they're fun to watch.
- 3 year warranty and solid build quality. In particular, the cord feels like it will last forever.
- Although it wasn't described as coming in "Frustration-Free Packaging", the box was very easy to work with, and appears to be reusable in case you need to store or transport the unit later.
- The mounting bracket is a little flimsy, since it's made of plastic and not metal. Luckily, Amazon appears to sell replacement brackets if you want to buy a spare (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083ZXWUO/).
- The unit doesn't sit totally flush with the wall, at least in our setup. However, we found that placing a few small pieces of rubber between the unit and the wall on each corner solved that issue and eliminated any wiggle.
- Only a brief installation guide is included, but if you want to download the full manual ahead of time, Siemens has it right on their website.
I have had this charge for 2 years and 3 weeks. The first one was replaced within a few days when the retainer clip on the J1772 end (the part that plugs into the car) snapped off. The end actually snapped off again about 6 months ago but I didn't want to go through the whole warranty process. However today this charger just stopped working.
The power led just blinks. It's not a fault indication. I tried some troubleshooting but it looks like I need to file another warranty claim. I am glad I have a year left on the original warranty.
I would not buy this charger again. It does charge fast though!
If you can wait for the next generation from Siemens, do. Also an update at the bottom!
I absolutely love this charger. The installation is quick and easy. The unit is semi portable if need be. The unit can be set to charge slower (with less current) is desired and support by your EV.
I am giving 4 stars for two reason:
1) The future SG model will connect to wifi and will have an app. I would love to have this feature, I could not wait to purchase so I definitely have a little buyers remorse.
2) the docking port is loose, at a weird angle and is a little disappointing. I am purchasing a dummy port to dock the charging cable instead of using the loose port built into the unit.
Overall I love this charger for my Mercedes B class. The 30amp charge is very fast. I didn't take notes yet but 2.25 hours after installation my battery was back at 100%. The B class doesn't currently have an app, just a mobile site that requires a code from the dealer. My dealer has no idea what a VVC is so I am still waiting to finish the setup.
After 3 days the retaining clip for the plug broke. I contacted Seimens right away. They said they have been having issues with the design of the retrainer clip breaking. They have been redesigning it. I am still waiting for them to ship out a replacement unit. According to the tracking info It will be about 15 days total to receive the replacement unit. No word yet if it will be a redesigned plug end (j1772) or if they issue will happen again.
And, the electrician added thicker gauge wire, in the event future electric cars can take more power and I need to go to 50amp, up from the 40 he installed. Or, if I move I can take the unit with me and I've upgraded the garage for the next person.