Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 10, 2014
Hi,

First off, read the fine print. This is a 12° bag BUT that is survival rating. "Comfort" rating is 24°. You will be quite cold at 12°. Most people looking at this are probably aware of this.

MY 3-Star rating is because at ~32° comfort was diminishing. I was cold. This was in a good tent (Big Agnes Jack Rabbit 2-person) with a down filled air mattress (Exped) The night was clear with no wind.

I know I sleep a little cold and prefer warm but this was not the performance I expected.

The bag is otherwise fine, it is well constructed and seems quite full of down, there are no cold spots.

I'm not sure what to think…. I got a good price on it and it beats my 20° synthetic in more ways that one. I did my research and concluded it was/is the best bang for the buck but the ratings are generous.

I'mm off on another trip next week and will bring a bag liner to make sure I don't get cold. Hopefully this bag will perform better during slightly warmer weather……

I would consider returning/trading up to a 6° or 0° but may be too much of a hassle. I'd suggest seeing if you can have a return option if you plan on colder weather use.
8 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2015
This bag is much better than my previous synthetic bag. Compresses much smaller and lighter. I slept in mid to high 30's with medium weight patagonia base layer and a shirt on a Big Agnes Q Core pad. At some point I wish I had taken the shirt off because I got too warm. The foot box and area up to my waist was roomy. The zippers were a dramatic improvement over my previous bag. The overall construction was very good. Not sure what this bag will do near its limit but there was room to add more clothes if needed. Only negative was the little zipper pouch near the hood was not deep enough to fit my IPhone 5. I guess you could stuff a headlamp in that spot.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 5, 2015
Purchased this bag with the hope that it would pack down small and still be a pretty warm bag. I have used it on two camping trips so far, both trips in the rain, and I have been so happy with it that I pulled it out a couple of times to use it at home! It packs down small enough for backpacking and is excellent for three-season camping. I ordered the smaller size as a 6'0, 170 lb. woman (the women's bags definitely don't come in my size haha) and it fits perfectly.
One person found this helpful
on April 1, 2016
Super Lightweight, but I don't think the temperature rating is accurate.
on February 2, 2016
A truly spectacular bag for the price. I would recommend.
on December 3, 2014
Great sleeping bag, light weight and warm. I would use a liner of some type in temps lower than 15 degrees though.
on November 24, 2014
Went to Mt. whitney with me. perfect weight and warmth. really like it.
on December 31, 2014
Very warm sleeping bag. Perfect for backpacking in alaska
on September 6, 2013
This bag is really well made, and very light for the warmth it offers. Good choice for ultralight backpacking. Love it.
2 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2014
I bought this for a cold weather hike...sadly, I was not able to go, but I tried this outside on my deck for an hour one night when the temp was about 32F. I felt toasty warm at 32, which was what I wanted it for.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.