- Size (LWH): 3.84 inches, 2.25 inches, 0.95 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 480 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 1344 hours
Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi 4G Mobile Hotspot (Sprint)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Wireless broadband connectivity via the Sprint 3G, 4G WIMAX and 4G LTE mobile networks (4G where available)
- Download 20 photos in a minute or a song in just four seconds via 4G -- 10 times faster than 3G
- Connect up to 5 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously--including laptops, gaming devices, cameras, tablets, and more
- released in May, 2012
- What's in the Box: hotspot modem, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, quick start guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)
Connect Eight Devices
With the Sierra Wireless Hotspot, customers can extend their Sprint 3G/4G experience beyond their laptops to up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices, such as cameras, music players, personal media players and portable game consoles. With no additional software required to connect, this hotspot allows a simple way to link-up with co-workers, family, or friends when you are on the move or remote. Also, the Sierra device features GPS integration, external display, and a MicroSD slot for file sharing on the network.
Powered by a 3600mAh battery, Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi Hotspot offers up to eight hours of use and up to eight weeks on standby, ensuring it is always ready when needed, even for power users who work away from their desks all day. Are you commuting on a bus, train, or taxi? Simply link-up your computer to the Sierra Hotspot and surf the net, respond to emails, or upload documents with fast 4G connection speeds.
Sprint's 4G LTE Network
Note: The Sprint 4G LTE network is currently available in limited markets, but continues to expand across US cities.
Sprint 4G LTE services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. Average download speeds for Sprint 4G devices range 3-6 Mbps compared to 600Kbps - 1.4 Mbps for 3G devices. Peak speeds for 4G can reach 10 Mbps so you can quickly stream HD movies, enjoy live video conferences, and download songs in just seconds.
Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G LTE. Some examples include:
Top Customer Reviews
If your looking for LTE speed now, then you'll need to go to another carrier. But if your willing to accept 3G and wimax for now which is still fast speeds for most people, then this device is excellent.
Sprint currently gives you more data for your money so thats always a plus compared to other carriers!
* The antenna isn't as good.
* When first booting up, if it tries and fails to get a cell connection, it often decides to reboot the wifi side
* It has an internal web server for the configuration pages. If it doesn't have a cell connection, the advanced-configuration pages won't load. And if it has a weak unstable connection, it reboots the webserver frequently. This makes changing the configuration difficult and installing a firmware update (once you manage to download it through a different internet connection) impossible.
It may be good if you have a reliable strong wifi signal. But if you actually use it as a MOBILE hotspot, can you rely on that?