Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 197 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 219 reviews
on February 17, 2012
VINYL REVIEW:

This vinyl is probably one of the best values I've gotten yet! Obviously, if you like Mumford and Sons you are going to like this album (as it has many of their radio hits on it), but for the price, this is great quality, thick vinyl. It sounds incredibly clear and the sound range is impressive. Easily one of the best albums I own on vinyl in terms of quality. I wasn't expecting that at this price.

This would be a great album to benchmark your audio system (or system changes) on.

For comparison, my audio system consists of:

Pioneer VSX-521 receiver (4.0 configuration)
Audio Technica AT-LP120 turntable w/ AT95E cartridge
(4x) paradigm atom v.6 speakers
on March 2, 2017
This is by far the best vinyl I own as far as quality goes. The sound quality is outstanding and the record is thick and large, which tells me it's made with quality in mind. A lot of my other records are thin and the sound quality is poor, but this sounds simply amazing! For the price, it's surprising that the quality is better than that of records I've purchased for $30.
If you like this album and have a record player, I'd recommend making this the first record you purchase!
on November 3, 2016
I bought my husband a turn table for Christmas and this is one of the albums that we've added to our collection. We love mumford & sons so it was a good choice.
on October 30, 2016
Unfortunately most of the songs on the A side sound warped and skip. I thought it was my record player, so I returned that, just got another one after a couple of months and now I realize it was the record itself! Too late to return. Bummer!
on March 20, 2011
I mainly favor rock and alternative music. I came across Mumford and Sons on youtube about a month ago. I have never heard anything quite like this band. And I mean that in the best way. The haunting lyrics and vocals and the banjo have really touched something in my soul that I have not experienced in a very long time. There is something spiritual about this album that I can't quite put my finger on. I have to say that The Cave is my personal favorite. But i love most of the songs as well. Coincidentally, I have been rewatching the Six Feet Under HBO series(I highly recommend that as well) and find that this album seems to somehow remind me of that show. Maybe it's the mortality theme. I think some of these songs from this album would have most certainly been used in that series. I am very impressed with Mumford and Sons, escpecially for a first album. And I highly recommend it. I look forward to more of their albums in the future.
on January 9, 2017
Great album. Brand new record has a bad spot on it that sounds scratchy. Two out of two records I've purchased new so far have had bad scratchy spots on them. Disappointed.
on December 24, 2016
The band is amazing however the LP is a very bad transfer. The tracks are muted and there is a lot of popping.
on July 6, 2017
Loved this album digitally, even better on vinyl. Go to album for a rainy day!
on December 31, 2016
The music itself is great, I love the album itself. However, the quality of this vinyl is not great. There is an unusually high amount of crackling and popping heard while the vinyl is being played. I exchanged my first vinyl for another through Amazon, but it sounded identical. It's not an issue during the louder parts, but during some of the more quiet parts it is very noticeable.
on March 22, 2017
Record sounds fine, but the sleeve is almost paper thin. Feels like it's going to get damaged.