|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $1.00 (11%)
Disney Book Group
Price set by seller.
Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls Book 5) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 305 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 - 18||Grade Level: 6 - 17|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Yeah, not the senior year Cammie envisioned. Nearly four months after Cammie set off on her quest to find the answers to the ever lingering questions about her father, and The Circle, she resurfaces as a darker deadlier Cammie.
Unfortunately her memories of the past few months don't come with her. What is apparent is Cammie did the worst thing possible. She Got Caught. Now as she struggles to understand what happened to her, and reconcile the person she was with the person she's become, Cammie will have to follow the bread crumbs to retrace her steps on an emotional scavenger hunt of her past and reclaim the knowledge to the questions that have haunted her life.
The latest installment of the Gallagher Girls series has Carter's signature style with a flurish of wit, fun, and romance. But Out of Sight, Out of Time has a more mature voice with harsher undertones that reflect the realities of espionage. Our quirky lovable talented Chameleon enters this book with a darker femme fatale streak. Cammie's trauma and emotional journey, added so many layers to her character, which I really liked. The romance was long, drawn out, and sweet for readers to savor. Not much growth in the supporting cast but this book is all about Cam and her PTSD. Even with all the emotional development the pacing was nice, there were a lot of action scenes that keeps the reader engaged.
I don't read a lot of fiction lacking in the supernatural, but I always enjoy Ally Carter's tales of teenage thieves and spies. She knows how to put a twist in normal and makes the mundane marvelous.Read more ›
When we last left Cammie in GG4, she was running away to find answers. In Out of Sight, Out of Time, we find out that was Cammie's last memory too. But while she doesn't remember her summer, everyone else does. Her physical appearance has changed, as well as her friends and family's attitudes towards her. Cammie is no longer the boy-crazy sixteen-year-old we met in GG1. She is now an emotionally weakened amnesiac.
This book definetly has darker undertones. From the beginning, I was questioning who to trust and even Cammie's narration left a sense that you couldn't trust her. Cammie was so broken and lost, and yet on the surface her friends and family seemed to have moved on in their life. I found myself hating Bex and Zach at times (some of my favorite characters) and instead preferring Dr. Steve or Townsend. However, as the book progressed, everyone's heartbreak was revealed.
Cammie had the most character growth as she struggled with her blank memory. It was painful to see her deal with it. I wanted so badly to not question her sanity and just believe in the character I'd grown to love. I would have liked more character development in other characters, especially Liz, and some scenes concerning Mr. Solomon, who was so important in the last book. Zach was another character I missed because even though there was plenty of scenes with him and Cammie, I felt that there are many unanswered questions in their relationship.Read more ›
It will twist your mind around and make you rethink everything.
Do not take things at face-value when reading it because it is so mindblowing.
It's five stars because out of all the GG books, it has non stop action, intense plots, and makes you think hard along with the characters to figure out what is happening. Because the whole story is only figured out at the last moment. It's an intense ride.
I won't spoil it because this book needs to be read with an open mind. I envy all of you new readers because I would love to read this book without knowing anything beforehand.
So yes. Buy it. Kindle format or book format. Just buy it because it's one of the best books you'll read all year.
The Gallagher Girls series is one of my favorites. I understand that it is geared to a young adult audience (I'm in my mid twenties, obviously older than the target group), but that audience who started reading with the first novel is growing older and the expectation is that the story will mature along with the audience.
Based on the ending of the book prior, I had hoped for a longer story that would continue to stand up to the quality of the other Gallagher Girls novels, or at least one that was longer than 300 pages.
When I read the last chapter, and realized it was the last chapter, I wondered: "How on earth she was going to wrap this up properly?" It seemed like she made it work and said: "There. Done with that filler novel, on to a different project." Maybe the publisher has restrictions on how many pages the novels can be? Maybe she's signed a contract that the series needs to be a certain number of books and she needed to get one out ASAP and that's why this book was more of a stepping stone for the next book?
Regardless, I wanted more and didn't get it. Perhaps the next one will fulfill.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They only get better and better as time goes on! A must read series by a must read author, Ally Carter!Published 3 months ago by Kenna Nicole
WHAT. EVEN. WAS. THIS. BOOK????
I am taken aback by how much I loved it. During this Gallagher Girls binge reading I have been updating some of my friends in group texts... Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Mysteries & Detectives
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery & Thriller
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Girls & Women
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Friendship
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Mystery & Detective
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Mysteries & Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Mysteries & Detectives > Spies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Girls & Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Spies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues