- File Size: 2993 KB
- Print Length: 305 pages
- Publisher: Disney Hyperion (March 13, 2012)
- Publication Date: March 13, 2012
- Sold by: Disney Book Group
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007FNGGDA
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #87,243 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $2.00 (20%)
Disney Book Group
Price set by seller.
Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls Book 5) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 305 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 6 - 17|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I am taken aback by how much I loved it. During this Gallagher Girls binge reading I have been updating some of my friends in group texts and I didn't have any time to update them during this book, because I was too busy crying over EVERYTHING.
The friendships, plot, characters, family dynamics--everything gets bigger and better and I JUST COULDN'T GET ENOUGH. It was amazing and I am very eager to get to the final book.
I did guess some things beforehand though [i.e. that the necklace was the key, that this song was maybe used for a hypnosis (especially after Catherine started humming it in the caves); I had guessed earlier in book 2 that Dr. Steve was the bad guy and lmao he truly showed his colours in this book. I MEAN??? NO ONE WHO LETS AND WANTS THEMSELVES TO BE CALLED DR. STEVE CAN BE DECENT, RIGHT? Also, I guessed about Preston's dad, because it was just to "convenient"] but idk all of these things didn't take away from the book, it was actually hella lot fun to get confirmation about some of my theories.
One more thing: WHY HAVEN'T THESE BOOKS BEEN MADE INTO MOVIES YET??????
The Gallagher Girls series is one of my favorites. I understand that it is geared to a young adult audience (I'm in my mid twenties, obviously older than the target group), but that audience who started reading with the first novel is growing older and the expectation is that the story will mature along with the audience.
Based on the ending of the book prior, I had hoped for a longer story that would continue to stand up to the quality of the other Gallagher Girls novels, or at least one that was longer than 300 pages.
When I read the last chapter, and realized it was the last chapter, I wondered: "How on earth she was going to wrap this up properly?" It seemed like she made it work and said: "There. Done with that filler novel, on to a different project." Maybe the publisher has restrictions on how many pages the novels can be? Maybe she's signed a contract that the series needs to be a certain number of books and she needed to get one out ASAP and that's why this book was more of a stepping stone for the next book?
Regardless, I wanted more and didn't get it. Perhaps the next one will fulfill.
BUT that so sadness is a fab thing because it means Out of Sight, Out of Time was absolutely awesome! Just as all things Ally Carter are.
I will admit I was a little lost when I started reading Out of Sight, Out of Time because it's been ages since I read the previous Gallagher Girls book, Only the Good Spy Young. Luckily enough it worked out pretty well because Cammie was totally lost too! So it was kind of a lot fun figuring out what on earth Cammie had been up to all those months along with Cammie.
AND THE ACTION. Out of Sight, Out of Time really kicks it up a notch with gun fights and explosions and jetting off to foreign countries and what not. Not a single down moment. You'd think it could kind of drag a little, what with Cammie being memory-less, but Ally Carter didn't let that stop her from getting stuff done.
I won't get into the plot too much - I don't want to spoil anything, but man, Ally Carter is excellent at taking little things from previous books and making them into huge things later on!
There were lots of twists too. I kind of guessed at them, well - I noticed the offness about some events and then ended up being right. Would that make me a good spy? HAH. And there was this one moment where I kind of teared up a little.
My only complaint - not enough kissing!
Guys, if you loved all the previous Gallagher Girls books, you are going to LOVE Out of Sight, Out of Time. Ally Carter delivers an excellent segment in the series and I cannot wait until the next book, whenever that may be. If you, for whatever reason, haven't read this series, go now. I won't speak to you until you've done so!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Mysteries & Detectives
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery & Thriller
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Girls & Women
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Friendship
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Mystery & Detective
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Mysteries & Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Mysteries & Detectives > Spies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Girls & Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Spies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues