Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on April 6, 2006
I was a huge fan of the "Sightings" TV show and I had to buy this book. I won't go into too much detail since that's already been done by others, but here is my opinion:

The book is well-written and interesting to read, even if you don't believe in the paranormal. (I believe in most, but not all paranormal happenings.) I like the way the book represents the show by dividing into three sections and covering a wide range of paranormal topics (much like the show). It covers many of the segments that were presented on the show during its five season run. (My favorites are UFOs, cryptozoology, and ghosts.)

The book would have been better with color photos, but the black and white photos are still interesting to look at. Also, updates on the stories would have been welcome, but they're not here. The foreword by the show's host Tim White is interesting to read since it is one of the only places that you can see his opinion on all of these things. (On the show, he only reported the facts, he didn't give his opinions.) Like the show, the book presents the facts to you and lets you decided for yourself what you believe. This way, no one is offended.

I've read other paranormal books, but this one is one of the best! "Sightings" fans and paranormal fans should buy it and the companion book "Sightings: UFOs".
on April 6, 2006
This is the second book based on the "Sightings" TV series. This one is devoted solely to UFO story segments from the show. (To clarify: The actual cover to this book is red in color and features flying saucers, an alien face, and a highway. In some cases on Amazon, the wrong book cover is shown or no cover is shown.)

In some ways this book is more professionally presented than the first one: the design inside looks slightly better and the photos are in one section now, instead of two. Like the first book, it is well-written and a good read. Henry Winkler (yeah, "The Fonz" and producer of the "Sightings" show) wrote the foreword, which is interesting to read.

I have a few criticisms that keep me from giving the book a perfect score: 1) the photos should have been in color; 2)the small boxes of info after every story in the first book are not present here; 3)some of the stories seem to be more skeptical than the first book (they seem to favor the government technology angle over alien space craft). Also, there is only one topic. It IS my favorite topic, but the variety of paranormal topics presented in the first book more closely resembles the TV show's presentation. Therefore, I enjoyed the first book a little more than this one.

Still, it is a good read and worth buying.
on March 13, 2005
The haunting section of this book truly creeped me out. Particularly the section about "Voices of the Dead". For some reason it brought to memory snippets from the ultra-spooky "Session 9" film (based on a true story as well). "The Ghosts of Gettysburg" made me sad rather than scared. To think of all of those young men lost forever really struck a nerve. "The Blue Lady" was a fascinating tale of co-existing between human and ghost/spirit that I found pretty nifty. Most of the tellings had to do with terrified humans being haunted by malevolent spirits that sometimes physically hurt them so the "blue lady" was a nice change of pace here. I saw the movie based on the story of "The Entity" so I knew what it was about going in and didn't learn anything all that new here though it did scare the life out of me when I was a young girl. I was hoping the "Sightings" crew would've dug up some fascinating proof or adding something new to the story but all in all this one seemed the least effective of the bunch. "Ghost Writer" was flat out creepy as I've seen (often) a figure out of the corner of my eye both at home and when alone at work. I chalk it up to an over-active imagination and a wee bit of paranoia but now I have to wonder . . . I wish I had caught this show when it was on the air. My only complaint are the pictures documenting the proof of each story are stuck smack in the center of the book so I have to keep flipping back and forth when a picture is referenced. It's a bit of pain but then again maybe I'm just lazy.

I could take or leave the UFO abduction stories as they all seem to be more of the same type of story I've read time and again (people see odd lights, black out, are missing huge chunks of time,etc.) None have turned me into a believer just yet . . .

Many of "The Unexplained" stories were emotionally moving. Especially "A Child's Premonition" and particularly "School Room Angels" which was a new case to me. It's sad and tragic that the children in Beslam didn't have the same experience.

I recommend to this to anyone with an open mind and curiousity about the unknown.