Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Dig...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $479.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
|Price:||$479.00 & FREE Shipping|
Overall score: 77%
See review summary and sample images
What is DPReview and its awards?
Digital Photography Review is the most popular dedicated enthusiast digital photography site on the Internet. Our authoritative reviews have earned us the trust of photographers and camera buyers all over the world, for more than 15 years.
Gold and Silver Awards are given to products that deserve special recognition based on how well they perform relative to their competitors at the time of review.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 10-20mm focal length
- 15-30mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 20-40mm equivalent focal length on Four Thirds / Micro Four Thirds cameras, 16-32mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F4-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-32 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
- 0.24m/9.45" minimum focus
- Available in Canon EF, Four Thirds, Pentax KAF, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA, Nikon F (DX) mounts
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Included Components||Lens Hood, Front & Rear Lens Caps, 1 Year|
|Item Dimensions||3.31 x 3.31 x 3.19 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.47 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||1.04 pounds|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.24 m|
|Material Type||Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F4.0 - F5.6|
|Maximum Focal Length||20 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||APS-C / DX|
|Minimum Focal Length||10 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||10 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||6|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||10|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||102.4 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.85 pounds|
|Style Name||Nikon SLR Camera|
|Zoom Type||Motorized Zoom|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||47th Street Photo.||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Information not provided||Nikon F (DX)|
|Dimensions||3.31 inches x 3.19 inches x 3.31 inches||3.43 inches x 3.46 inches x 3.43 inches||4.02 inches x 4.02 inches x 4.02 inches||2.76 inches x 2.09 inches x 2.76 inches|
|Item Weight||1.04 pounds||1.15 pounds||1.21 pounds||0.44 pounds|
|Lens||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||wide-angle||standard-prime|
|Maximum Aperture||4||3.5 f||2.8||1.8|
|Max Focal Length||20 mm||20 mm||16 mm||35 mm|
|Min Focal Length||10 mm||10 mm||11 mm||35 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Review summary from DPReview
Overall the Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM is a solid, well-built lens with good operational characteristics, which justifies its popularity with generally decent imaging results. While its long-running, unique selling point of being the only third-party 10mm zoom has now disappeared, and it faces strong competition from Tamron's 10-24mm, the different characteristics of the two lenses means it's still a good option for APS-C users looking for the widest of ultra-wideangle zooms.
Scoring is relative only to the other products in the same category.
Sample images from DPReview
Sample images for Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
- Focal length: 10-20mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4-5.6
- Lens construction: 14 elements in 10 groups
- Angle of view: 94.5 to 56.8 degrees
- Number of diaphragm blades: 6
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Minimum focusing distance: 9.4 inches
- Maximum magnification: 1:6.7
- Mount: Nikon
- Filter size: 77mm
- Filter size: Petal-type hood
- Dimensions: 3.3 inches in diameter and 3.4 inches long
- Weight: 17.5 ounces
- Warranty: 1 year
From the Manufacturer
10-20 mm F4-5.6 EX DC (HSM)*
It’s important to have a high quality ultra-wide angle zoom in a lens kit. Sigma's 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC ultra-wide zoom lens for digital SLR cameras is ideal for landscape photography, building interiors, group and party pictures and so much more. Great for working with close foreground subjects as this lens features a minimum focusing distance of 9.4-inch at all focal lengths ensuring great creative potential. The wide angle view of up to 102º also offers greater freedom of expression.
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 83.5 x 81 millimeter / 3.3 x 3.2 inches
Weight: 465 grams / 16.4 ounce
Since 1961, and with the recent introduction of Sigma Global Vision, we have worked toward one single, simple goal: To hold ourselves to the highest standard of design & manufacturing of imaging products. Photography is all we do. And it’s all we’ve done. So you can rest assured that it’s something we know extensively and care deeply about. You have a vision. We’ve made it our mission.
- Ultra wide angle with view of up to 102 degrees
- Internal focusing system technology
- *HSM is not available for Sony and Pentax
- Carrying case, hood, front & rear caps
Top Customer Reviews
I had planned to buy the 12-24mm Nikon next Spring when my budget would allow the expenditure. I have had success with Nikon optics in the past - starting with my first Nikon FM back in the seventies. The Sigma's good construction, nice finish, smooth+fast+quiet focusing and 10mm focal length convinced me to try my first non-Nikon lens in 30 years. A big factor: The Sigma lens is less than half the price of the Nikon lens here is Canada. It fit my budget, so I took the plunge.
The Sigma fits into my "sharp enough" category. In real world shooting, its sharpness is on par with my 18-200mm Nikon. Both lens are less sharp than my $100 50mm 1.8 when "test" images are blown up to 16"x20" size. I never notice any lack of sharpness in "real" pictures. I care more about color saturation, contrast and color balance anyway. In this area, the Sigma does well. Saturation and contrast are equal to both my other Nikon lens - particularly at f8 and smaller aperatures. Wide open, I find some weakening in contrast. The Sigma has a warmer color termperature than my other lens. One click toward blue in Photoshop would fix this minor variance in color. But I use my 10-20mm almost exclusively for landscapes. The warmer color is generally a good thing.
I have noticed some vignetting @ 10mm f4. Zooming to 12mm or stopping down to f5.6 elminates any artifacts in pictures I have taken thus far.Read more ›
When I received my lens I later realized that I did not receive the extended three year warranty card that comes with the USA versions of the lens. Instead of just sending me the extended warranty card Amazon shipped me a whole new lens. Now while I was reading reviews prior to ordering this lens I had seen many reviews where the reviewer either loved this lens or they hated it. After a while I could see why...
Some of the lenses that are being shipped are sharp all the way around while some are not sharp at all. Many claimed it was sharper at F:8 than F:4 while others said theirs was never sharp at all. Some complained about distortion and or dull or over saturated colors. I finally found a reviewer who had the opportunity to try 3-4 different lenses. They found that there seemed to be a lack of quality control all around when it came to this specific lens. Having a few days of both lenses I decided to compare them out for myself. I am glad I did.
I put my camera in the front yard on a tripod and shot numerous sets of three for each lens at 10mm, 14mm, and 20mm. The results were surprising. The original lens I had been sent first was a clear winner. The trees and anything else around the picture were sharp, The replacement lens was anything but sharp. The colors on lens two were more vibrant than lens one but one can fix that with software where a blurred image is not really fixable.
I shot numerous sets with both lenses and a few different F settings and the results remained the same. The replacement lens was the one being returned.Read more ›
1. Packaging - Came in a very attractive box with a manual and included not only a lens hood, but a very nice lens case! Good Job Sigma!
2. Build - The lens feels tough and has a very attractive finish to it. The focus ring is nicely dampened and is very easy to modulate. My only gripe is that the lens cap is useless, get a nikon lens cap and youre all set.
3. Performance - The sigma is 2mm wider than its nikon and tokina counterparts and boy does it make a difference. The FOV is wide on my D50 and i can capture so much on one single shot that when people see them, their first words are "how the hell...". Distortion at the wide end is there, but is easily controllable through precise leveling or from post processing. You might see some vignetting at 10mm but just stop it down and you should be all set (or you can correct it with a click of the mouse in photoshop). I have heard complaints about sigma not having a constant aperture. In my opinion, who the hell needs it. When I am taking shots in the day, the natural light is sufficient enough. For night shots, i use a tripod and usually stop it down to F8-f10 where the sigma's optical performance is at its best. This is an amazing piece of glass and I encourage those looking for a wide angle lens to definintely take the sigma into consideration. Looking at Sigma's future lens lineup, I don't consider them to be a 'third party' lens company anymore. Sigma will definitely be considered on my next purchase for a telephoto lens.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Almost a fish eye. I'm no professional but my old lens for my cannon took a nicer picture. It too was a sigma.Published 10 days ago by diamond sales
Jajajaja, these Canon lens are very, very good. Dyscover the new worldPublished 24 days ago by David Martin
Excellent product arrived within two days, thank you very muchPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I like it ! Good value. So fare I am using it only for real estate business, apartment pictures. Has little distortion.Published 2 months ago by Marian Kernac
Super fun lens! This lens works really well for real-estate and crazy fun wide shots. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget, if you can afford a high end lens I would say... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Brandon Murphy
Nice sharp lens for the price. Very sharp in the center but has some distortion on the edges. I mainly use it for landscape photography at higher f8 and it works well for mePublished 3 months ago by Achint Mathur