Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Len..." and save 12% off the $799.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Multi-Device Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Plan covers all electronics purchased (Mobile Phones Excluded) within 12 months of purchase of the plan
- Click on "Learn More" or see below to view the full list of products covered
- Eligible products are covered for 3 years from the purchase of the plan with $1000 in total claim benefits
- Protects against drops, spills, and cracks immediately, and mechanical breakdown after the manufacturer's warranty expires
- $0 deductible. Cancel anytime. See full Terms and Conditions for details
Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Canon EF
|Price:||$748.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$50.02 (6%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full Frame Lens with APS-C compatibility
- Compact size meets strong image quality
- Ideal Use: Travel photography, wildlife photography, nature photography and bird photography
- 4 Year USA Warranty
- Filter Size: 67mm
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Included Components||Lens hood/Case|
|Item Dimensions||3.62 x 3.62 x 7.99 inches|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Lens Design||Fixed Zoom|
|Maximum Aperture Range||5 - 6.3|
|Maximum Focal Length||400|
|Minimum Focal Length||100|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||67 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||24.4 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||3.7 pounds|
The Sigma 100-400mm 5-6.3 DG HSM OS Contemporary is a state-of-the-art telephoto zoom that brings a new level of portability and quality to the super telephoto market. Touting Sigma’s Optical Stabilizer (OS), the Sigma 100-400mm 5-6.3 Contemporary is highly compact and lightweight compared to similar products on the market. A push/pull zooming function and a new Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) allow for a more responsive approach to photography while a 1:3.8 macro feature can be utilized from up close or from a further distance. Like each and every Global Vision Lens, the Sigma 100-400mm Contemporary Art is handcrafted at our single factory in Aizu, Japan and undergoes individual evaluation before leaving Sigma’s facility.
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top customer reviews
* Great sharpness and image clarity.
* Great image stabilization. I have taken pictures of rabbits from 50 yards in low light at 1/30 of a second, and they were decent enough to post on the web.
* Autofocus when at 100mm is very fast and smooth.
* It is heavy. The largest lens I have held before is a 70-200mm f/4 IS from Canon. This lens feels 4x as heavy.
* No tripod mount. With a lens this heavy, it gets tiring fast. You can't hold the camera up to your eye for long periods of time.
* Autofocus when at 400mm is VERY slow, even when the range is set to 1.6m-infinity. You will not be able to get a good image if you try to focus on someone running on a track towards you, for instance. If they are running perpendicular to your direction of sight, then you're okay.
* On the zoom ring, the distance between 300mm and 400mm is very small (about 3/8"). I typically don't use that range anyway, so it is not a problem for me.
* Zoom ring is very stiff. This is neither good nor bad, but you should be aware of it.
* Settings can be adjusted by a USB dock. That is a separate purchase. It might be possible to speed up the AF at 400mm, for instance. I have not tried this yet.
* Optical stabilization should be turned off when mounting or dismounting this from a camera. I was lucky and read the instructions first.
Thank you for reading.