Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Len...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 19% off the $169.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Pentax SLR Cameras
|Price:||$169.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras
- Multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduces flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings
- Features 14 lens elements in 10 Groups. This lens has 5 pins.
- High-performance lens ideal for portraits, sports photography, nature photography
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro
Your Affordable, Go-to Lens
Sigma’s 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro is a compact telephoto zoom lens. With a range that is useful for candid portraiture, capturing children playing in the backyard, amateur sports or even wildlife at the zoo this lens is usually the lens that photographers reach for first. It’s great on vacation for capturing scenic details or even groups of flowers in a garden. The Sigma 70-300mm offer a 4 to 1 zoom ratio in a compact lens that is easily carried in your camera bag or left on the camera as you travel; and the images are magnificent.
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 76.6 x 122 millimeter /3.0 x 4.8 inches
Extended Dimensions: 208.30 millimeter / 8.2 inches
Weight: 545 grams / 19.2 ounces
Since 1961, and with the recent introduction of Sigma Global Vision, we have worked toward one single, simple goal: To hold ourselves to the highest standard of design & manufacturing of imaging products. Photography is all we do. And it’s all we’ve done. So you can rest assured that it’s something we know extensively and care deeply about. You have a vision. We’ve made it our mission.
- Compact telephoto zoom lens
- Capable of macro images with ratio 1:2 at 300mm
- Lens hood, front & rear caps
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Mountings||Pentax KAF|
|Included Components||Lens Hood, Front & Rear Lens Caps, Pouch|
|Item Dimensions||3.03 x 3.03 x 4.8 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.53 Kilograms|
|Item Weight||1.21 pounds|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.95 m|
|Material Type||Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F4.0 - F5.6|
|Maximum Focal Length||300 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||70 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||70 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||10|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||34.3 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.54 pounds|
|Style Name||Pentax SLR Cameras|
|Zoom Type||Motorized Zoom|
Compare to similar items
This item Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Pentax SLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||47th Street Photo.||6ave|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Pentax KAF||Pentax K||Pentax KAF||Pentax KAF2||Pentax KAF||Pentax KAF|
|Focus Type||Micromotor||Micromotor||Ultrasonic||Screw drive from camera||Micromotor||Screw drive from camera|
|Item Dimensions||3.03 x 4.8 x 3.03 in||3.03 x 4.61 x 3.03 in||2.48 x 1.54 x 2.48 in||2.8 x 4.41 x 2.8 in||3.03 x 4.8 x 3.03 in||2.8 x 4.41 x 2.8 in|
|Item Weight||1.21 lbs||0.96 lb||4.3 ounces||1.03 lbs||1.21 lbs||0.97 lb|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||Normal||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||Fixed-zoom|
|Maximum Focal Length||300 millimeters||300 millimeters||30||300 millimeters||300 millimeters||300 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||70 millimeters||70 millimeters||10||55 millimeters||70 millimeters||55 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters||58 millimeters||58 millimeters||58 millimeters|
The Sigma 509109 70-300mm 4-5.6 DG Macro lens is the compact and economical choice for a telephoto zoom lens. Capable of macro photography this lens has a 1:2 maximum close-up magnification at the 300 mm focal length. It is the ideal high performance lens for portraits sports photography nature photography and other types of photography that frequently use the telephoto range.
The Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras is a telephoto lens that offers excellent cost performance and is optimized for use with digital SLR cameras. Capable of macro photography, this lens has a 1:2 maximum close-up magnification at the 300 millimeter focal length. It's the ideal high performance lens for portraits, sports photography, nature photography, and other types of photography that frequently use the telephoto range. The lens features a switch for changeover to macro photography at focal lengths between 200 millimeters and 300 millimeters, with a maximum close-up magnification from 1:2.9 to 1:2.
The multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduce flare and ghosting, which is a common problem with digital cameras, and it also creates an optimum color balance through the entire zoom range. The minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings. The lens features a switch for changeover to macro photography at focal lengths between 200 millimeters and 300 millimeters with a maximum close-up magnification. Without changing the distance between camera and subject, you can change the shooting magnification.
Top Customer Reviews
1) This lens doesn't have a very large aperture, so it's not meant for low-light conditions. Your exposure time needs to go up. Not necessarily the fault of the lens, but if you expect to take some quick exposures in shadows, you'll have to bump up the ISO.
2) This is not a silent motor. It makes some noise, so if you're out to shoot some wildlife, you might want to go into manual mode.
3) Speaking of the auto-focus, this one has a hard time focusing on the exact object that you want. This could just be due to how close I was getting to them, but I've been closer with my Nikon lenses and haven't had this issue.
4) The speed of the auto focus isn't as quick as Nikon and even if you're already focused on your subject, it likes to recalibrate itself, so don't expect this to be a zippy lens.
5) When you're focused properly, the images are very sharp. I have no complaints about the quality of the image.
6) The macro feature is great! At first, I didn't realize you needed a minimum of 200mm to switch it on, so that took some getting used to.
7) The lens is a little heavy and will require a tripod if you zoom in, but if you're going 200mm+ you should be using a tripod anyways.
I would have loved to give this lens 5 stars, but the quality and speed of the auto focus and leaves a bit to be desired. I would absolutely recommend this and I actually have recommended it to a friend who has a Canon. I don't regret my purchase at all!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The quality of this lens isn't the best.Read more