Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on February 20, 2016
I am fairly new to photography but spent an hour or so shooting almost four-hundred macro photos in a local college conservatory; everything from hydrangeas, to begonias and orchids, to succulents.
This really extends the range of my Sigma 105mm DG EX HSM macro lens (does not work with my 24-70mm DG EX HSM lens, will not physically attach). It increases the magnification (1.4:1), but also increases the minimum focal distance slightly, which can be nice as you can keep a little more distance between you and your subject. Focal depth is extremely narrow in the macro range, but opens back up once you are a foot or more away from the subject. Focus at long distances is still sharp and you can still maintain a wide depth of field.

It is definitely more difficult to maintain stability at close distances, handheld can be very challenging near the minimal focal range. There are a bunch of affordable options on Amazon for macro focusing rails, but I think a simple monopod will be sufficient as certain shots are easier to get by manually focusing and rocking forward and backwards slightly to get the correct plane of focus.
on December 10, 2013
I purchased this tele-converter to use with my Canon 7D and my Sigma 70-200 mm F/2.8 OS lens for shooting night time high school football games. The optics are very clear and It works great with both camera and lens. It does reduce the lens max aperture from f/2.8 to f/4 but I can live with that to get the additional focal length. At 1.4x with my 1.6 crop sensor Canon 7D this tele-converter offers me an equivalent focal length up to approximately 448 mm at f/4.0 which gets me nice sharp close up shots with night time shutter speeds up to 1/500 sec and higher depending on the lighting conditions of each field. It is a great combination of lens, tele-converter and camera for football games. I purchased the lens and tele-converter separately and both new for around $1300 and both perform very well. A great price for a fast focusing and optically stabilized 448 mm of equivalent focal length and f/4 aperture.
on May 15, 2015
I purchased this 1.4x extension to go with my 2x extension. I found that at times the 2x is a bit much. I took this teleconverter out for a test drive yesterday and got some great shots of newly opening onion flowers. When coupled with my 150mm macro lens the photos are remarkable. Today comes testing with my Sigma 70-200mm zoomer. According to my Sigma compatibility chart the 1.4x and 2x will work well in the auto focus mode. On my Sigma 150-500mm lens only manual mode. I do like Sigma products very much because they fit my budget. Sigma is really beginning to show their stuff in their improvements in lens manufacturing.
From reading the reviews I was convinced that this Sigma APO. TC. would work with my two Sigma lenses. I own the 150 - 500 mm. OS and the Sigma 120 - 400 mm OS and this TC did not work with both lenses, as far as auto focus was concerned, I don't know if the teleconverter was defective, or just plain does not work the auto focus, I had to send it back. Thank You.
on December 30, 2010
Be sure to check Sigma's web site for lens compatibility. Amazon shows a "buy it with a Sigma 150-500", which I already own. However the auto focus does not work with this lens. The mount is not as tight as the Nikon TC and there is also a pronounced internal rattle on the Sigma TC. I'm seriously considering returning this for a refund. I already got a replacement and it's no better than the first. Now the good things I've seen about the Sigma TC. Comparatively cheap, relatively sharp, small in size, if the auto focus worked on the Sigma 150-500 I would not hesitate to keep it. So... how important is auto focusing??? I'm still debating! Double the price and buy the Nikon??
On Amazon's returns. AWSOME. I ordered and replacement and it was here in 2 days, no problem. And as for return shipping their postage was less than what I ended up paying at USPS.

Sigam's lens compatibility chart;

LENS Converter Effective
Focal length Effective
Aperture Maximum
Macro
Ratio for SIGMA for SONY Serial Numbers lower than 5000001 for SONY Serial Numbers higher than 5000001 for NIKON for PENTAX for CANON
150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro 1.4X 210mm f/4 1:4.1 AF*2 - - AF*2 - AF*2
800mm f/5.6 EX 1.4X 1120mm f/8 1:6.3 MF MF MF MF MF MF
800mm f/5.6 EX 2.0X 1600mm f/11 1:4.4 MF MF MF MF MF MF
50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM 1.4X 70-210mm f/4 1:3.8 AF MF AF AF - AF
50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM 2.0X 100-300mm f/5.6 1:2.7 AF MF AF AF - AF
50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX *6 1.4X 140-700mm f/7.3-8.8 1:3.7 MF*1 MF*1 MF*1 MF*1 MF MF*1
50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX *6 2.0X 200-1000mm f/10.4-12.6 1:2.6 MF*1 MF*1 MF*1 MF*1 MF MF*1
50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM 1.4x 140-700mm f/6.3-8.8 MF MF MF MF - MF
150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS 1.4X 210-700mm f/7-8.8 1:3.7 MF MF MF MF - MF
150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS 2.0X 300-1000mm f/10-11 1:2.6 MF MF MF MF - MF
300-800mm f/5.6 EX 1.4X 420-1120mm f/7.8 1:4.9 MF - - MF - MF
300-800mm f/5.6 EX 2.0X 600-1600mm f/11.2 1:3.5 MF - - MF - MF
*4 For Canon, Nikon and Sigma AF cameras, Autofocus operates from 47" to Infinity, Manual focus must be used from 47" to 18"; for Minolta and Pentax AF cameras, Manual focus only can be used.

*5 MF for all cameras, except Canon EOS 3 and EOS 1v, which can autofocus with this combination.

*6 Zoom control range is limited to 100-500mm, when the teleconverters are used with this lens.

Corrected effective aperture will be displayed on the camera's digital display, and TTL exposure will be normal, when these teleconverters are used with the lenses listed above.

USABLE LENS AND COMBINATIONS

Sigma APO Tele Converter 1.4x and 2x are dedicated to Tele Converter lenses, which should be used with only listed lenses.
AF function of Pentax mounts cannot be used with SFX/SF7 cameras.
Do not use the APO Tele Converter EX on top of another APO Tele Converter, or any other kinds of converters.
ATTACHING THE TELECONVERTER TO THE LENS

First, attach the APO Tele Converter EX to the master lens. Then, attach the lens and the Tele Converter to the camera body. If you attach the Tele Converter to the camera body first it may cause a malfunction.
For Sony mount, when attaching the APO TELE CONVERTER with a serial number lower than 5000001 to the camera body, it will prevent the AF mechanism from working.
Exposure

Using the APO Tele Converter EX decreases the effective aperture by one F-stop (with 1.4x Tele Converter) or by two F-stops (with 2x Tele Converter).Regardless of exposure mode, correct exposure can be obtained.
If using a lens which has in the list, the camera's display will indicate the converted exposure information. If using a lens which does not have in the list while using a hand-held exposure meter, you should increase the exposure reading by 1-stop for the APO 1.4x Tele Converter EX or by 2-stops for the APO 2x Tele Converter EX.
Focusing

On the lists, the lenses marked "AF" will retain auto focus operation when used with a Tele Converter. The lenses marked "MF can only be used for manual focus.
Some lenses will be operated AF even the list of SONY AF, NIKON, PENTAX mentioned "MF", however, be aware that these lenses cannot focus precisely by auto focusing. Therefore, please use such lenses in MF mode when teleconverter is attached.
*1 With 1.4x APO Tele Converter, AF can operate between infinity and 1.2m. If the subject is closer than 1.2m, only MF is available.
*2 With 1.4x APO Tele Converter, AF can operate between infinity and 0.52m. If the subject is closer than 0.52m, only MF is available.
*3 When the Tele Converter is attached, the zoom range will be restricted to between 100mm to 500mm.
on November 12, 2014
I tried this with a Sigma 150-500mm on a Nikon D7100 DX and a D800 FX. Yes, you will get 40% magnification but the loss of image quality was higher. I could crop in post processing and get better detail without the TC 1.4 than with it.
on May 16, 2014
Using it on the SIgma 70-200 2.8 OS and love it. You do lose a stop of light making the F2.8 a F4 but still a good way of getting a 400mm F4 for a small price.

I use it on the Nikon D7100, when adding the crop modes on the long end. The 200*1.5 = 300mm. Add the tele, 300*1.4= 420mm When you need it the D7100 has a 1.3 crop mode, 420*1.3 = 546mm F4. Well worth the $250 price tag.
on February 21, 2013
Bought this thinking that it would fit all the Pentax lenses that I have like my other Pentax mount tele-extender only to discover that its front lens protrusion hits the rear lens of all my Pentax lenses including the manual lenses. You have to look at the Sigma chart to see what Pentax or other third party lenses it will match fit. I now use it though in my mirror lens and it works perfectly well giving good sharp magnified images. No regrets in fact I'm very happy with the image quality when used in my other mirror lenses.
on December 3, 2009
I've been using this teleconverter with my Sigma 70-200 2.8 lens, and it works like a charm, exactly as advertised with, as far as I can tell so far, no degradation in image quality. I'm sure there is some (don't think you could get it to zero), but it's not noticeable to my eye, and I've been known to do some pixel peeping. The build quality is solid, as with all my other Sigma lenses.
Just don't forget that this adds a stop to your lens, so my 2.8 is a 4 with it on. Also, be SURE to check compatibility charts at Sigma before you buy it!
I bought this teleconverter for use with the Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro. Using it bumps me up to a 210mm. It performs nicely, gives me a little more reach and with the f/2.8 of the lens I'm using it with the loss of a stop is not really that bad. It seems so far to be a solid piece of equipment that functions as advertised. I have no complaints.

After well over a year of use I am still very happy with the teleconverter. It seems so far to be none the worse for wear and still performs very nicely with my 150mm f/2.8. I am very happy with the purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.