Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 23, 2015
Effectively doubles the focal length of my Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO DG HSM for my Nikon D610 which is a full frame camera. So, for $300 I have a zoom lens that goes from 140mm to 400mm at a reasonable aperture of 5.6 for the entire zoom range. I do not use this professionally and I am very happy with the quality of the image although it does lose a little contrast with the extender which is easily adjusted in post processing. I shoot raw files only, 24 megapixles so I have a lot of leeway to crop the image from the camera.
The extender certainly seems well made and is easy to use. It does add 2" to the length of your lens so if you are using a long lens then you are going to have to get used to a really long lens. When I first got my 70-200 2.8 the size and weight took some getting used to so it is the same thing all over again. Now I am very comfortable with the size. Adding a good carry strap like the Black Rapid also helps. The extender does not add much weight. Balancing the cost versus being able to double the focal length I think it is a great value. Would definitely make the same decision again.
on February 4, 2011
I bought this product primarily for use with my canon mount Sigma 2.8 70-200. So far it has performed exactly as it should. I havent tried to mount it on any of my other lenses, but according to sigma's website, it is built for use specifically with sigma lenses, which makes perfect sense. Obviously the 2x extender takes you down to 5.6, but to make a 200mm lens a 400mm is pretty well worth it in my opinion, though shooting a football game under low light wouldnt really be an option with the 5.6 aperture, any other decently well lit situations would work well with this extender. The autofocus seems to be working perfectly, as if the extender is not even there when using my Sigma 2.8 70-200. This product does exactly what it is supposed to do and is an awesome edition to any sigma lens setup.
on February 24, 2013
This Sigma 2x tele converter works well with the 120/400 Sigma lens. Exposure settings are carried thru but the auto focus with the Sony NEX 7 is not quite accurate, requires a manual focus to get its true quality. With careful manual focusing the images are amazingly sharp and clean
on November 11, 2013
This works just as expected on my Sigma 50-500 Sony A-Mount lens and gives me a lot more reach for filming wildlife. I use it on a Sony VG20 with a Sony LAEA2 A-mount to E-mount adapter. When using the 2x tele-converter, I lose autofocus but this was expected. All other auto functions remain, including OS and exposure.
on December 11, 2014
Works awesome!
on July 15, 2015
Nicely done again Sigma! It's compact and light which is good because when attached to my pretty heavy 70-200mm f/2.8...it.could have led to shoulder surgery! But it won't. Good range...quality build. Very happy.
on August 28, 2012
Like other reviews here it must be stressed that this converter should ONLY be used with approved Sigma built glass. If you get this and hook up a Nikkor, Canon, or Sigma that is not on the compatibility list lens to it... Well, what were you expecting? It's gonna suck and only your lack of due diligence will be there to thank for it.

I bought this to supplement a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM lens and I am very happy with it. Unfortunately the converter drops the top end of the lens to f5.6 on a Nikon D7000 but other than that the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and converter get along beautifully: Auto focus works perfectly and the fitting is tight and secure with no play on both ends of the converter. Image quality doesn't appear to be significantly impacted by the converter. The only hiccup was that the unit I received had the front cap over the lens facing mounting surface on so tight I had to dig out a very large wrench to take it off. How they got it on that tight without shattering the plastic cover I'll never know. Other than than that the converter itself is sturdy and made out of mostly metal and very dense heavy plastic. Build quality is excellent.
on June 28, 2015
I plan to use it on my bear trip in Alaska next month. However, I gave it numerous test shots and it gave me very clear pictures and it was easy to use. Well worth the money/
on February 2, 2017
Lose some detail which is expected
on August 19, 2012
I enjoy the flexibility I have to increase my 500MM lens to 1000mm. I have not really used it extensively but on the occasions I did use it the results met my expectations. It is too bad that lenses of this sort do not include the Auto Focus of the lens it is extending and it therefore requires careful use and calibration and careful attention to using the right exposure techniques (tripod, remote shutter and perhaps the timer) but being aware of these conditions I find the purposes I intend to use this extender are fully realized.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.