Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 14, 2013
I saw this when I was younger and loved it so much. I watched it so often that I wore out the VHS tape that I had it recorded from TV on. I'm really sad to see this gem of a movie only available on Instant Video but I am very glad it is because it is one of my absolute favorites. Guy Williams as Zorro is incredible. The action is fabulous and well choreographed. The story is true to the time period. It's a wonderful family movie for all ages! (Well maybe not teeny tots because of the fight scenes but there is no gore, this is Disney we're talking here!) The Instant Video version is bright and clear. I don't think the film has been remastered and there may still be a few flaws but overall a nice picture with no annoying technical disturbances. The sound track to this film is also very well done and sounds clear as a bell to this day. Can't say enough about this film! Watch it and you'll love it too!
"Sign of Zorro" is a fun and quickly moving version of the Zorro legend that nicely blends action and comic relief into a very enjoyable movie.

No plot spoilers from me; the story follows the son of a wealthy California landowner that is mysteriously summoned home form his studies in Spain. He finds the political and military climate much changed for the worse over the three years since he left and he vows to fight the injustices he sees by becoming a vigilante, "Zorro" (The Fox).

The acting is a little over the top, but generally fun all the way around.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
on April 22, 2017
Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones in the Mask of Zorro remains my favorite Zorro Film, but it simply would never have been on my radar had it not been for Disney's Zorro Television Series during the mid-twentieth century and Guy William's portrayal. It was pure luck finding it on Amazon Prime Video and complete joy to watch this film. I have often wanted to purchase the television series to recapture some of the fading memories of my youth. The motion picture does a very good job of encapsulating key elements, if only it were possible to play-out the episodic cliff-hangers...
on January 11, 2014
This movie, for zorro fans is exceptional. Those old enough to remember Walt Disneys weekly black and white tv series starring guy williams are in for a real treat. It always has "good conquering evil, but does so in a much cleaner way than many movies today..
on May 25, 2017
Guy Williams is the best zorro in the world he plays the part of Zorro very well as well as Don Diego I especially like the dual scene at the end of the movie I have watched this movie many times and I still get excited about it I recommended very much
on January 21, 2013
If you own or have recently seen the early episodes of the TV show, there is nothing new here. This "movie" is nothing more than the TV episodes strung together. Now, having said that, I found the patchwork to be much smoother than some reviewers I had read. The performances of Guy Williams, Gene Sheldon, and Henry Calvin are superb, and lived up to my memories of them. The bottom line is that if you loved the Zorro TV series, you will love this, but do not expect anything more.
on August 15, 2015
For those of my age, remember the Disney Zorro t.v. series? This is a few of those t.v. episodes edited into a movie format.....thoroughly enjoyable.
Brought back several childhood memories.
on March 14, 2016
I enjoyed this version of the Monestario plot - there were some scenes that were not in the original show. I wished that Disney and ABC never pulled the show off the air - the third season would have been the best and maybe we would have never lost Guy Williams to Argentina. Forever Zorro
on July 15, 2016
I have always loved Zorro, especially with Guy Williams . I remember watching his series when I was a child.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2015
"The Sign of Zorro", "The Mask of Zorro" & "The Legend of Zorro" make for a perfect cinematic trilogy ... If you could actually buy "The Sign of Zorro" on DVD/Blu-Ray.