Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on October 14, 2013
Guide gives you nice maps, no spoilers, and decent general direction to get to the next level or area. Nice piece of backup gear for trouble spots.

The game should be game of the year. This is what vid games should be. The Last of US is basically a better version of Uncharted. Hey, Uncharted is pretty darn good, I know, I know. This is more plotful, better dialogue, both done by Naughty Dog Studios, way scarier, more intense but not necessarily more difficult, and the scenes of apocalypse are far more interesting.

Back to the guide again, the game is more fun figuring out where to go on your own. Only one spot so far helped out with some murky directional points. Some of the map areas would help you get through some zones nearly instantly. You could just run to the exit point with as little resistance as possible, but the battle is the fun. The game requires patience with sneaking skills as well as battle tactics.

I bought this guide because I thought it was the guide for I'm Alive(excellent too), but then realized I got the wrong book. Instead of returning the book, I got the game, and wow, good move. If you like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Silent Hill, and Rez Evil games, this game combines all the best of these, seriously. Try it!!
on December 20, 2015
First off: The Last of Us is HARD. I just want to preface wit that. It's not an easy game to play, but it's super rewarding. The graphics are so good I feel sometimes like Joel (the main character) is a movie image of a real person. And it's gotten me shot several times!
The game consists of a story arch, you can learn the story as you go along, or if you need a little more help (I did) you can oder the Play Book to go with it. It tells you secret passages and caches of food, etc.
Finding Ellie is Joel's one and only goal in life. Tess, a friend who comes along to help that you get to RP for a while , is a great friend but I feel that Joel's loyalty could be easily shifted. It makes for an exciting game with a million different ways to play and with a million different outcomes.

Hopefully the outcome will be smooth sailing for you. But with the Rotters all around...I doubt it!

I would recommend the game to beginners as well as novice. I would give it the gaming equivalent (and I don't know what that is) of PG-13. Minot cursing. The love that Joel and Ellie share is clear and makes a good plot motivator for him AND the player. I think this game was excellently done. Only problem: roommates that want to watch the TV!
on October 22, 2015
I will admit i TOTALLY slept on this game. Really didnt think it was gonna be a dissapointment. A fellow gamer suggested it so i decided to try it out. I got one word, AWESOME!!! Play it at night, no lights youll be glad you did. The story is great, graphics are good. I only have a few issues with it, but nothing that would stop me from recommending it to any gamer. Even someone who doesnt play games will love it. My lady (who is not a gamer and hates it when i play) watched me play it, came home from work one night and she's glued to the tv, joystick in hand yelling at me for making too much noice and at the tv.
1. You don't get the cool stuff till the game is just about over.
2. Not long enough. Lol
3. The NPC's are stupid. You will find yourself getting into trouble cause somebody couldn't keep still and got spotted. I will say this, if you're like me and like to complete a game 100 percent get a walkthrough, either buy one or copy from the internet. Some of the stuff can't be found without it. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good game or a good challenge.
on June 1, 2015
nice, usefull, I dug it pretty well. I'm an old school, gamer ( pong, space invaders, etc) so I need help in my old age. This guide did the trick. Not trying to gain unfair advantage, just need help, and this did it. I finished it- Hooray!. Yeah, I'd like to see one of you young whippersnappers get 300,000 points on Defender with 3 lives, so don't clown an old man, before some youngster schools you, and you little pride gets smashed like Donkey Kong on a barrell.
on November 12, 2013
Bent pages, Gamestop stickers on it,(two 0f them) A bit frustrating when flipping through pages, not even covered in plastic despite ordering "brand-new " from gold quality...Some pages...about 30-50 are a bit dented...I recently ordered a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance game guide and that was 100% positive, un-opened and brand new. crisp and very considerable they want their customers to be satisfied with what they sell.

Must return this and order from someone else...I don't want it from Gamestop...o anywhere else opened...used and slightly crippled..
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2015
This guide gives great basic information and general information on what to do in a level. The only complaints I have is the text layout and the lack of info on the DLC. Which the dlc part is understandable because the guide came out before the dlc, still bugs me a bit though. This book is a great help if you are a completionist. I have to find every little collectable in a level before I can move on. Overall a good guide to have.
on September 5, 2014
Very well written and nice clear pictures. This book goes over the entire game (except any DLC's). Once you get the hang of the game you can form your own strategy on how to save supplies. This guide mainly was having you waste a lot of your supplies. Some of the enemies you could easily stealth kill or ignore without using any resources but since I was so new to the last of us (as well as a ps3 since its my first one) I went ahead and followed their strategy.
Great guide. Very detailed and precise. I would only add at least a second strategy when it applies. In tough battles for instance, I found that some of them could be avoided without sacrificing collecting ammo or supplies when the guide explains how to beat them all. Nevertheless, it does not compromise the overall experience nor the rating this guide deserves.
on October 8, 2013
Good strategy guide with color photos and details of where to go, where items are, etc. Very helpful when you are stuck.

Bought this for my son - has a good story line but there is a lot of cut scenes and story-driven content that you just watch instead of participating in. My son played this heavily for a while but hasn't quite finished it yet and his attention has moved to other games for now. I know he'll go back to complete it though.

-D
on July 30, 2015
This guide is a must if you hope to work your way through this game. Lots of info and well layout to ease your way around the game. Games like these where you are unable to go back after completing sections of the game, if you miss something, a guide helps you be aware of things to look for.