Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 3, 2013
I order guides for many of my video games. As a guide, this one is good but not great. My beef with these Prima guides is layout. They want them to be colorful and graphically interesting, I guess, but when you're trying to follow them as you play, it's hard to figure out the trail. You can't just read top to bottom, like normal English standard books. Some pages have a column like layout so you have to read top to bottom on left, then top to botton on right. But this is not consistent. Really, if they're going to meander like that, use some kind of bullet display. They will also put a collectible location at the end of the section, not in the middle of the episode where you actually can find it. I'm guessing they do that because they wanted to make a colorful, graphically impactful display. But not useful.

I got The Last of Us from a digital download right after midnight on release day. So I had the game 2 days before I had the guide. I'm glad I did because I just started playing. This game is too good to spoil, so I advise anyone to play the game first, blindly. Yes, you'll miss a lot but the tension, the surprise, the discovery--all better when you don't know. I'm on second playthrough now, using this guide.
12 people found this helpful
on October 14, 2013
Guide gives you nice maps, no spoilers, and decent general direction to get to the next level or area. Nice piece of backup gear for trouble spots.

The game should be game of the year. This is what vid games should be. The Last of US is basically a better version of Uncharted. Hey, Uncharted is pretty darn good, I know, I know. This is more plotful, better dialogue, both done by Naughty Dog Studios, way scarier, more intense but not necessarily more difficult, and the scenes of apocalypse are far more interesting.

Back to the guide again, the game is more fun figuring out where to go on your own. Only one spot so far helped out with some murky directional points. Some of the map areas would help you get through some zones nearly instantly. You could just run to the exit point with as little resistance as possible, but the battle is the fun. The game requires patience with sneaking skills as well as battle tactics.

I bought this guide because I thought it was the guide for I'm Alive(excellent too), but then realized I got the wrong book. Instead of returning the book, I got the game, and wow, good move. If you like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Silent Hill, and Rez Evil games, this game combines all the best of these, seriously. Try it!!
4 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2015
First off: The Last of Us is HARD. I just want to preface wit that. It's not an easy game to play, but it's super rewarding. The graphics are so good I feel sometimes like Joel (the main character) is a movie image of a real person. And it's gotten me shot several times!
The game consists of a story arch, you can learn the story as you go along, or if you need a little more help (I did) you can oder the Play Book to go with it. It tells you secret passages and caches of food, etc.
Finding Ellie is Joel's one and only goal in life. Tess, a friend who comes along to help that you get to RP for a while , is a great friend but I feel that Joel's loyalty could be easily shifted. It makes for an exciting game with a million different ways to play and with a million different outcomes.

Hopefully the outcome will be smooth sailing for you. But with the Rotters all around...I doubt it!

I would recommend the game to beginners as well as novice. I would give it the gaming equivalent (and I don't know what that is) of PG-13. Minot cursing. The love that Joel and Ellie share is clear and makes a good plot motivator for him AND the player. I think this game was excellently done. Only problem: roommates that want to watch the TV!
on November 25, 2013
This guide's pretty bare-bones, and it lacks advanced strategies for many tough sections beyond "there are enemies here, take 'em out", but it shows you where all the collectibles are, and that's mainly why I bought it, so it does it's job. Once you have the collectibles, though, the guide's useless, as it fails to go into advanced strategies for the single-player game. I should also mention that it doesn't identify which sections are forced combat "monster-closet" sort of areas, and which can be bypassed with stealth. A glaring omission, in my opinion.

I didn't bother with the multiplayer section of the game or the guide, so I can't comment on the accuracy/quality of that section of the guide.

Unless you have extra money to spend, you're better off with GameFAQs or YouTube.
6 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2015
I will admit i TOTALLY slept on this game. Really didnt think it was gonna be a dissapointment. A fellow gamer suggested it so i decided to try it out. I got one word, AWESOME!!! Play it at night, no lights youll be glad you did. The story is great, graphics are good. I only have a few issues with it, but nothing that would stop me from recommending it to any gamer. Even someone who doesnt play games will love it. My lady (who is not a gamer and hates it when i play) watched me play it, came home from work one night and she's glued to the tv, joystick in hand yelling at me for making too much noice and at the tv.
1. You don't get the cool stuff till the game is just about over.
2. Not long enough. Lol
3. The NPC's are stupid. You will find yourself getting into trouble cause somebody couldn't keep still and got spotted. I will say this, if you're like me and like to complete a game 100 percent get a walkthrough, either buy one or copy from the internet. Some of the stuff can't be found without it. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good game or a good challenge.
on July 7, 2013
I agree with the previous comment. There is a lot of information in this guide that is really helpful. You will definitely be able to find every collectible due to the detail on where they are located, plus some really nice maps. However, the plot of the game should be experienced not read about prior to playing. Since the callout boxes on collectibles are not close to appropriate information on how to get through the game (they're listed after several steps past where u need to look for these collectibles) you have to read several pages beforehand so you know when to stop and look for these items. This spoils the plot of the game and since the game is auto save, unless you know ahead of time where to look or you remember to save in a different save game slot every so often, you pass a certain point and you'll miss it for that play through. Also, the optional conversations are listed in the back but only a few were pointed out in the walk through. And since these conversations only appear if u meet certain conditions and for some you have to hurry to initiate the conversation before the opportunity passes since the AI characters don't always wait while you explore, there's a chance of missing these as well.
2 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2014
Very well written and nice clear pictures. This book goes over the entire game (except any DLC's). Once you get the hang of the game you can form your own strategy on how to save supplies. This guide mainly was having you waste a lot of your supplies. Some of the enemies you could easily stealth kill or ignore without using any resources but since I was so new to the last of us (as well as a ps3 since its my first one) I went ahead and followed their strategy.
on January 30, 2015
This guide gives great basic information and general information on what to do in a level. The only complaints I have is the text layout and the lack of info on the DLC. Which the dlc part is understandable because the guide came out before the dlc, still bugs me a bit though. This book is a great help if you are a completionist. I have to find every little collectable in a level before I can move on. Overall a good guide to have.
on October 8, 2013
Good strategy guide with color photos and details of where to go, where items are, etc. Very helpful when you are stuck.

Bought this for my son - has a good story line but there is a lot of cut scenes and story-driven content that you just watch instead of participating in. My son played this heavily for a while but hasn't quite finished it yet and his attention has moved to other games for now. I know he'll go back to complete it though.

-D
on April 26, 2018
Great book its everything you need plus its well illustrated