Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 259 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 456 reviews
on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. Rachel Coleman teaches English, ASL and Spanish in this video. I honestly like sitting and watching her videos with my little one.

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. I catch myself signing some of the songs also lol. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on September 13, 2016
Wonderful, wonderful! My granddaughter loved this and picked up sign language from this and all the other Baby Signin Time DVD's. She's mostly into the Lightning song from the Rachel and the Preschoolers DVD now but she just turned three. She still signs a little and knows some signs if I ask her for the most part but the extra wonderful thing is that I learned how to sign too! Plus I still know a lot although we don't sign often any more. We really feel it helped our little one to learn faster and increase her intelligence. I listen to the things she comments about and think to myself that her mother never mentioned things like that and probably never thought of the same things. Now my little 11 month old grandson is quite intelligent too, just picks up so fast, but if he would take an interest in the DVD(s) then I'd really be happy! He rarely looks at anything on TV for more than a minute, I've timed him, which is good in a way and yet unfortunate because we hardly watch TV but then he's easier to read as to what he wants than my granddaughter was. But overall it worked brilliantly for us with one child and may yet for the other but if the little guy doesn't take to it I'm still happy that I learned.
on May 26, 2012
I can't wait to see when my little 5 month old grand daughter starts using sign language. She watches this video over and over. And I don't mind hearing it over and over. It's very cute and catchy music.....beware it sticks in your head!;0) I also am learning the signs and I use them as often as possible with her. If I'm feeding her I say "eat" and do the sign several times while feeding her. It's fun. I'll keep you posted as to wether it turns into her actually doing sign language but if nothing else it keeps her entertained.
review image
on October 24, 2013
I purchased this DVD in hopes that my daughter and I could learn some signs to teach my 6 month old son. I debated between this and the baby version and I am happy that I chose this one. Like many other reviewers said, the music is catchy and my daughter loves to sing the songs. She has learned all of the signs on the DVD, but she still enjoys watching it. I like that it is at a relaxed, slow pace. It's entertaining enough to keep her attention without being overly stimulating. I often let her watch this DVD when she needs to take a break (but not necessarily a nap). She shows the signs that she knows to her grandparents and teachers at school. I am sure she will be able to teach my son these signs when he is a little older. Great purchase!
on May 25, 2016
I have always loved Signing Time.
It helped solve tantrums because our child was able to sign what they needed.
It has been very helpful and is a great way to communicate with children who can not communicate.
I loved this for when my children couldn't speak yet but could sign they wanted milk, drink, food, etc.
It saved us from pulling our hair out.
This is a great intro into signing and helps you get started. They also show you the name in Spanish for the signs you are learning.
The songs and rhymes are catchy and you'll be singing them throughout the day.
on November 30, 2016
I'm an ASL interpreter and buy these for all of my friends' kids. The kids use signs like "finish" "more" "please" "sorry" etc. It's cute AND studies have proved IQ is raised in babies learning another language (including ASL) as well as heighten language development. Not to mention, a way to communicate before babies tongue muscles are developed enough to begin talking, which in turn lessens frustrations between baby and parent/guardian re: communication increase. My friend's baby is 12 months right now and has about 2-3 words down and about 9-10 signs. She even is signing 2-3 word sentences "dog there" "up please" "milk" "water" "eat more please" etc.
on March 3, 2017
I didn't like that the kids in the show are barely audible. I feel like Im trying to teach my 17 month old signs so we can communicate more clearly and many of the children did half the sign, rushed it, or barely made the hand gestures, then when they did speak they were very difficult to understand.
on February 29, 2012
I have never left a review for any product ever, but this DVD is worth it!
I have a 14 month old daughter who is very active and loves to learn. We don't really let her watch T.V., but we make an exception for this DVD! It's extremely educational!!! In the past two months since we bought it she can now do all of the signs!!!! (she did know a couple before) I can't believe how much she just sits, watches, and interacts so well! She is allowed to watch it once a day, and she gets SO excited when it is time for her "show"! It's perfect for that later morning half hour before nap time to watch. I love it then because 1.) it allows me to get some morning chores done or get ready for the day and 2.) the last sign is "sleep" and she knows it. Soon as it is done she signs "sleep" and "milky" and I then put her down for a nap with complete ease of her being ready and communicate it to me without fussing and me having gotten some things already done so I don't feel rushed. It is seriously GREAT and SUCH a life saver!!!!

Some of the great features include:
1.) The songs are very fun to listen to as well dance, and the signs used with them are very clear to understand (there are only two and they are not too long, so parents don't get too annoyed :) )
2.) Before a word is signed a strong picture of the word spelled and then spoken appears. Gives a child to remember the sign before it is shown.
3.) The signs used are all very helpful for every day needs and play time (EAT, MILK, WATER, MORE, BIRD, DOG, CAT, WANT, MORE, PLANE, CAR, FLOWER, SHOES, MOM, DAD, BABY, AND SLEEP)...there are a few signs I wished it included, but I just teach those on my own. The ones used are the most fun and easy to convey visually without actual interaction, so I understand.
4.) The usage of some animation and mostly real children doing the sign is perfect for holding little ones attention and helping them learn, as well as not getting over stimulated
5.) The main signer Rachel, is very clear with talking and signing
6.) Before a word is signed a strong picture of the word spelled and then spoken appears. Gives a child to remember the sign before it is shown.
7.) It is 25 min long, which is the perfect length for not learning too much at one time that helps them remember each one.
8.) It has an English, Spanish, and an English/Spanish option which I love because one of her friends speaks only Spanish so she can learn all three languages at the same time!

It is a serious guilt free indulgence for a mama who needs some time to get things done as well fully educating your child for beginning signing!!! I will DEFINITELY be buying the next one soon once she has all of the signs from this one down very well!
on September 14, 2015
I initially bought this DVD for my daughter's first birthday. She is not hard of hearing or anything, but I thought it might be fun to help her communicate before she was really talking. Every. Single. Parent. Should try this! I couldn't how many tantrums and crying it saved us. Within days she grasped how to sign "Milk, Hungry, More, All Done." All of a sudden she could tell me what she wanted, instead of me guessing. It also HELPED her learn how to talk. Because if she signed "Milk" I would say, "Good, you want MILK!" or I would sign it and say the word.

Now I'm teaching my 10 month old son, he's grasping it quickly, and my daughter at 2.5 still uses it although she talks with amazing clarity anyways.

I've also recommended this to multiple other moms and they've taken it up and had great results.

It's a fun, interactive, easy to understand program. It's never to early or to late to start!
on September 20, 2015
I have never taken the time to write a product review before but this video is so amazing I had to. We have a 9 month old girl who was starting to become frustrated by her inability to verbally communicate. She would get mad and turn red and throw her arms down at her waist. We decided we need to find ways for her to more effectively communicate. We have never allowed her to watch any screen time so we were nervous about the video, but alas she loves it. It's the perfect length for a small baby to watch. By the second time she watched it she was signing, "milk" before her bottle time. By the end of the first week she had mastered "milk" and "baby". By the second week she had learned, "more" and "food". We are loving watching her as her brain processes these new words. We only started with the first video and it's plenty for a small baby.