Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. Rachel Coleman teaches English, ASL and Spanish in this video. I honestly like sitting and watching her videos with my little one.

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. I catch myself signing some of the songs also lol. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on September 13, 2016
Wonderful, wonderful! My granddaughter loved this and picked up sign language from this and all the other Baby Signin Time DVD's. She's mostly into the Lightning song from the Rachel and the Preschoolers DVD now but she just turned three. She still signs a little and knows some signs if I ask her for the most part but the extra wonderful thing is that I learned how to sign too! Plus I still know a lot although we don't sign often any more. We really feel it helped our little one to learn faster and increase her intelligence. I listen to the things she comments about and think to myself that her mother never mentioned things like that and probably never thought of the same things. Now my little 11 month old grandson is quite intelligent too, just picks up so fast, but if he would take an interest in the DVD(s) then I'd really be happy! He rarely looks at anything on TV for more than a minute, I've timed him, which is good in a way and yet unfortunate because we hardly watch TV but then he's easier to read as to what he wants than my granddaughter was. But overall it worked brilliantly for us with one child and may yet for the other but if the little guy doesn't take to it I'm still happy that I learned.
on May 26, 2012
I can't wait to see when my little 5 month old grand daughter starts using sign language. She watches this video over and over. And I don't mind hearing it over and over. It's very cute and catchy music.....beware it sticks in your head!;0) I also am learning the signs and I use them as often as possible with her. If I'm feeding her I say "eat" and do the sign several times while feeding her. It's fun. I'll keep you posted as to wether it turns into her actually doing sign language but if nothing else it keeps her entertained.
review image
on August 23, 2010
I started trying to teach my daughter with a mommy/baby sign class when she was around 6 or so months, and it took several months before she would sign anything back. I stayed with the basics, like eat and more. I figured there was no point in moving on if she doesn't want to use these two very common words. She did start signing back eventually, and I wanted to find away to foster this and continue with something that can be repeated. I bought volumes 1-3 of Signing Time, and she did seem to like them, but as with all infants and young toddlers, she has the attention span of a gnat. After several watches of each volume, she really started to tune in more, and started to get excited when her "friends" Alex and Leah were coming on. She was learning sign and her words at the same time. We then bought volumes 4-6. By 18 months, she knew over 30 words verbally, and about 10 in sign that she didn't say, plus there was some overlap. Now she'll be turning two next month, and she's been learning 1-4 words a day for a few months, sometimes both in sign and verbal. She LOVES these DVDs. In the past couple of weeks, she's been handing them to us to play, and calls them "Tummy Tum" and even does the signs for "Signing Time". When she points to the TV and asks for music, she means Signing Time. She squeals in excitement when these are on, and she dances to all the songs. She really does try to watch full episodes too, but she does get distracted easily still. These have helped her learn her words and her letters, as well as numbers just a bit, and we all learn sign language.

I have found signing to be very handy when she can't pronounce the English quite right, or when she adopts the same verbal word for two or more things. It's also handy in a movie theater, when she can't really talk but needs to tell me she wants to eat. Or when we're in a situation where she doesn't feel like talking, so she'll sign instead. It HAS NOT "virtually eliminated" the terrible twos as Rachel says in one or more of these DVDs. She definitely has her moments, but when I know she is capable of communicating, but is refusing, it's easier for me to ignore her until she signs or verbalizes what she wants.

My one complaint is that my daughter seems to identify a bit too much with Leah, and pronounces some words as Leah does. I'm sure this is transitory, which is why I have not deducted any stars. It's up to me to correct these things, and I know there will be plenty of other sources for mispronunciations as she grows up. It's why I don't like Baby Bear on Sesame Street, because I don't want my daughter learning to pronounce words like the character does. Leah, in a DVD like this, makes sense, as the audience will most certainly include deaf children, or friends of deaf children. And those of us who can hear will need to learn how they might pronounce something so we can make sense of it. It's like adjusting yourself to any accent. When you know where the person is from, it's easier to understand what they say.

I will say that in Volume 4, Rachel appears a bit low energy. My daughter hasn't noticed and doesn't care, so I'm not deducting stars for that either.

We will be requesting volumes 7+ for her upcoming birthday, or getting them ourselves.
on September 13, 2017
Buy this book: Baby Signs: A Baby-Sized Introduction to Speaking with Sign Language. It covers a lot of the same beginning signs and is much much cheaper at under $6

This video easily caught my 2 year old's attention the first time around, but it's only a half hour and doesn't have enough content for $18. Also the videography looks like it was done in the 90's. I don't know why children's educational stuff always looks like that.
Worth every penny. I love that I can pop this in and I don't have to worry about what my baby is watching. It's a nice compromise for certain family members who believe babies should watch TV and parents like me who want them to have as little TV as possible. It's a great option if you want to learn sign language with your child, but it's also great in general if you have a baby who craves learning.
on February 11, 2016
My son had a slight speech delay and I bought this video to help him learn some additional signs to the two he was already using, "more" and "all done". I am not sure that he learned any additional signs from the video as we did not watch it a lot, but he did really enjoy the video. I think if we had reviewed the signs more after each one, or after watching all of the video he would have picked them up, but his speech rapidly caught up and we didn't have the need to focus on sign language any longer. I will sill show him the video because the children in it make it fun to watch.
on October 30, 2004
I purchased this video and have had it for just two weeks so far. My son (who is physically 16 mos/adjusted 13 mos - as he was born 3 months early) absolutely LOVES it - from the very first time I played it for him! As a matter of fact - so did I - so much so, that I played it again when "daddy" got home - so he could see what I was so excited about.

This video isn't only teaching my son - but it is also teaching us (his parents) as well! My husband and I really like the fact that the adult introduces the correct sign - and then they show several children making the sign as well (some in their "own" way - as not all small children are going to sign it "exactly" as the adult).

My son has always signed "all finished" when he is done with something (eating, playing with a toy, etc.) This was something I taught him on my own - trying to use some paper printed instructions for signing that someone gave to me. I even tried to teach him several other signs from the papers - one of them being "more" - but he just wouldn't use any of them. Now, after viewing this video - just within the last two weeks - he finally picked up the "more" sign - and uses it consistently! He now will also sign "shoes", "milk", "ball" - and I am just waiting for him to "Show me the signs" - all of them! I can also now sign all of the signs in this video - and my husband (who has only really seen the video 3 or 4 times) can also sign over half of them. We truly are thrilled with this video - and I have just placed my order for the 2nd and 3rd volumes. Also, my son (and I) REALLY enjoy the singing/signing songs! Definately worth the investment!
on December 15, 2015
My 3 month old sat and watched this entire DVD. In order to get the most out of it you need to watch the DVD as well and constantly do the signs with your baby. My now 9 month old has picked up on many signs which makes life so much easier especially whenever they can communicate things like "eat" and "milk" whenever they are hungry.
on June 1, 2017
I have orders his video weekly for my toddlers one who has down syndrome and one who does not they have been watching it for two months now every morning and they have picked up on signs. THEY LOVE THIS VIDEO