Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 257 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 453 reviews
on September 18, 2016
This video is very well constructed. Rachel Coleman teaches English, ASL and Spanish in this video. I honestly like sitting and watching her videos with my little one.

My little one really does not care for other videos other than Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. When she hears the theme songs, she gets very excited.

These videos are great as a starter or introduction into sign language. I have honestly learned so much already, Rachel makes memory references for every sign that makes it easy to remember. I catch myself signing some of the songs also lol. Very catchy.

I would highly recommend these videos for everyone wanting to learn ASL. I would especially recommend for parents who have deaf, hoh children or children with delayed speech. Personally My child has bilateral deafness and after searching for resources, these videos Happened to be the most reputable source I have found to help us.

I wish the sets were a little more affordable but regardless I know the cost of the videos are worth it.

If you found my review helpful, please vote!
on May 26, 2012
I can't wait to see when my little 5 month old grand daughter starts using sign language. She watches this video over and over. And I don't mind hearing it over and over. It's very cute and catchy music.....beware it sticks in your head!;0) I also am learning the signs and I use them as often as possible with her. If I'm feeding her I say "eat" and do the sign several times while feeding her. It's fun. I'll keep you posted as to wether it turns into her actually doing sign language but if nothing else it keeps her entertained.
review image
on October 24, 2013
I purchased this DVD in hopes that my daughter and I could learn some signs to teach my 6 month old son. I debated between this and the baby version and I am happy that I chose this one. Like many other reviewers said, the music is catchy and my daughter loves to sing the songs. She has learned all of the signs on the DVD, but she still enjoys watching it. I like that it is at a relaxed, slow pace. It's entertaining enough to keep her attention without being overly stimulating. I often let her watch this DVD when she needs to take a break (but not necessarily a nap). She shows the signs that she knows to her grandparents and teachers at school. I am sure she will be able to teach my son these signs when he is a little older. Great purchase!
on January 26, 2017
This video is awesome. I had a very fussy one year old who seemed frustrated we could not communicate effectively. (I was frustrated with the constant whining as well.) I started playing this on YouTube for her before it arrived in the mail, and she was immediately interested. It was the first time I had seen her pay attention to anything (including other TV shows) for more than 2 minutes. At first she would only watch for 5-10 minutes, which was still a long time for her, but by the time we received it in the mail and played it on the big screen for her, she watched almost the entire thing. It progressed from there and it got to the point when we would say "signing time" and she would run into the TV room. She especially loves Rachel's songs- she smiles and dances to them. I didn't know if she would actually catch onto signing, as she didn't seem to be making any attempt. But one day she started signing "more" and since then she has learned eat, dog, baby, milk, water, and probably a few I'm not thinking of. I'm confident she will learn the rest, and I'm proud to have learned so much myself! I love Rachel and I think the reason so many kids respond well to this is because they see other little ones signing. It's a very practical and simple approach. Order this video, at the least as a distraction for when you just need those 5 minutes.. :)
on May 23, 2004
Our favorite over the Baby Einstein Series (which turned out to be a big yawn for our newborn to toddler). Bought the whole Signing Time series after seeing the first and loved it so much. Quality production, that grasped our son's attention at 6 mos, and is still his favorite. Found it helpful in calming him down at mealtime. Goes into show quickly on DVD format we have, which is helpful with a fussing child. Other DVD's take more time and steps.
Music and acting is of professional quality, natural, and well done. Intellectually stimulating but in a very fun and entertaining way. Preferred this video over Talking Hands. Actually haven't found any other videos yet to match the quality, and entertainment value of Signing Time, but we've only started our collection with Baby Einstein, Mommy & Me - Playgroup Favorites, Sesame Street, and a few others. Signing Time tops them all, and is even enjoyable to watch repeatedly as an adult.
on March 3, 2017
I didn't like that the kids in the show are barely audible. I feel like Im trying to teach my 17 month old signs so we can communicate more clearly and many of the children did half the sign, rushed it, or barely made the hand gestures, then when they did speak they were very difficult to understand.
on April 10, 2017
My daughter has Down syndrome. These videos have taught us both sign language. We can easily communicate with eaxh other. The videos are catchy and entertaining.
on October 24, 2002
Signing Time is a great video for anyone wanting to show their children how easy learning to sign can be! I am a presenter/Teacher for hearing parents of hearing children, using Joseph Garcia's Sigh with your Baby program in my classes and workshops. This video is one that I show my parents as an additional video to purchase. The signs are very clear which makes it easy to understand and it appeals to not only children, but to the adults that will watch it with their children. The music is great and will hold your child's attention through the entire tape! This is a MUST HAVE tape for your children!
on September 12, 2002
This is a fun video. I'm teaching my day care sign language. I have four children under two years old. All the kids love watching this one. They are using sign language more and more since using this tape. Since learning sign their speaking vocabulary has grown.
It gives the basic beginning signs...
on May 29, 2006
As the mother of twins, one hearing and one deaf, I have had the opportunity to check out many programs for teaching ASL to small children. This is by far the best series out there. Most other products are so boring that parents must struggle to stay awake during the production, and there is no way a toddler would tolerate a viewing. My 2-year-old twins request Signing Time all of the time. At home they want the DVDs playing almost constantly. In the car my hearing daughter starts asking for the Signing Time CD before I even have her strapped into her carseat. My 2-year-old deaf daughter is using 5-sign sentences, which is almost unheard of for the deaf child of hearing parents. My extended family owns a total of 6 sets of Signing Time. Whenever my daughters' cousins have a birthday they ask for the latest Signing Time DVDs. Children of all ages love this product.