Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2012
I can't wait to see when my little 5 month old grand daughter starts using sign language. She watches this video over and over. And I don't mind hearing it over and over. It's very cute and catchy music.....beware it sticks in your head!;0) I also am learning the signs and I use them as often as possible with her. If I'm feeding her I say "eat" and do the sign several times while feeding her. It's fun. I'll keep you posted as to wether it turns into her actually doing sign language but if nothing else it keeps her entertained.
review image
on March 3, 2017
I didn't like that the kids in the show are barely audible. I feel like Im trying to teach my 17 month old signs so we can communicate more clearly and many of the children did half the sign, rushed it, or barely made the hand gestures, then when they did speak they were very difficult to understand.
on May 25, 2016
I have always loved Signing Time.
It helped solve tantrums because our child was able to sign what they needed.
It has been very helpful and is a great way to communicate with children who can not communicate.
I loved this for when my children couldn't speak yet but could sign they wanted milk, drink, food, etc.
It saved us from pulling our hair out.
This is a great intro into signing and helps you get started. They also show you the name in Spanish for the signs you are learning.
The songs and rhymes are catchy and you'll be singing them throughout the day.
on September 13, 2017
Buy this book: Baby Signs: A Baby-Sized Introduction to Speaking with Sign Language. It covers a lot of the same beginning signs and is much much cheaper at under $6

This video easily caught my 2 year old's attention the first time around, but it's only a half hour and doesn't have enough content for $18. Also the videography looks like it was done in the 90's. I don't know why children's educational stuff always looks like that.
on September 14, 2015
I initially bought this DVD for my daughter's first birthday. She is not hard of hearing or anything, but I thought it might be fun to help her communicate before she was really talking. Every. Single. Parent. Should try this! I couldn't how many tantrums and crying it saved us. Within days she grasped how to sign "Milk, Hungry, More, All Done." All of a sudden she could tell me what she wanted, instead of me guessing. It also HELPED her learn how to talk. Because if she signed "Milk" I would say, "Good, you want MILK!" or I would sign it and say the word.

Now I'm teaching my 10 month old son, he's grasping it quickly, and my daughter at 2.5 still uses it although she talks with amazing clarity anyways.

I've also recommended this to multiple other moms and they've taken it up and had great results.

It's a fun, interactive, easy to understand program. It's never to early or to late to start!
on September 20, 2015
I have never taken the time to write a product review before but this video is so amazing I had to. We have a 9 month old girl who was starting to become frustrated by her inability to verbally communicate. She would get mad and turn red and throw her arms down at her waist. We decided we need to find ways for her to more effectively communicate. We have never allowed her to watch any screen time so we were nervous about the video, but alas she loves it. It's the perfect length for a small baby to watch. By the second time she watched it she was signing, "milk" before her bottle time. By the end of the first week she had mastered "milk" and "baby". By the second week she had learned, "more" and "food". We are loving watching her as her brain processes these new words. We only started with the first video and it's plenty for a small baby.
on June 1, 2017
I have orders his video weekly for my toddlers one who has down syndrome and one who does not they have been watching it for two months now every morning and they have picked up on signs. THEY LOVE THIS VIDEO
on September 22, 2017
This series is wonderful, for parents of both hearing and non-hearing children, but the pricing is incredibly high. I realized in disbelief that Volume 1 is all of 20 or so minutes long - one episode.
on April 26, 2017
I own a day care, so I buy lots of learning videos. This series is one of the best I've encountered. They mesmerize all ages, and actually teach sign language in a memorable way. Buy this!
on August 23, 2010
I started trying to teach my daughter with a mommy/baby sign class when she was around 6 or so months, and it took several months before she would sign anything back. I stayed with the basics, like eat and more. I figured there was no point in moving on if she doesn't want to use these two very common words. She did start signing back eventually, and I wanted to find away to foster this and continue with something that can be repeated. I bought volumes 1-3 of Signing Time, and she did seem to like them, but as with all infants and young toddlers, she has the attention span of a gnat. After several watches of each volume, she really started to tune in more, and started to get excited when her "friends" Alex and Leah were coming on. She was learning sign and her words at the same time. We then bought volumes 4-6. By 18 months, she knew over 30 words verbally, and about 10 in sign that she didn't say, plus there was some overlap. Now she'll be turning two next month, and she's been learning 1-4 words a day for a few months, sometimes both in sign and verbal. She LOVES these DVDs. In the past couple of weeks, she's been handing them to us to play, and calls them "Tummy Tum" and even does the signs for "Signing Time". When she points to the TV and asks for music, she means Signing Time. She squeals in excitement when these are on, and she dances to all the songs. She really does try to watch full episodes too, but she does get distracted easily still. These have helped her learn her words and her letters, as well as numbers just a bit, and we all learn sign language.

I have found signing to be very handy when she can't pronounce the English quite right, or when she adopts the same verbal word for two or more things. It's also handy in a movie theater, when she can't really talk but needs to tell me she wants to eat. Or when we're in a situation where she doesn't feel like talking, so she'll sign instead. It HAS NOT "virtually eliminated" the terrible twos as Rachel says in one or more of these DVDs. She definitely has her moments, but when I know she is capable of communicating, but is refusing, it's easier for me to ignore her until she signs or verbalizes what she wants.

My one complaint is that my daughter seems to identify a bit too much with Leah, and pronounces some words as Leah does. I'm sure this is transitory, which is why I have not deducted any stars. It's up to me to correct these things, and I know there will be plenty of other sources for mispronunciations as she grows up. It's why I don't like Baby Bear on Sesame Street, because I don't want my daughter learning to pronounce words like the character does. Leah, in a DVD like this, makes sense, as the audience will most certainly include deaf children, or friends of deaf children. And those of us who can hear will need to learn how they might pronounce something so we can make sense of it. It's like adjusting yourself to any accent. When you know where the person is from, it's easier to understand what they say.

I will say that in Volume 4, Rachel appears a bit low energy. My daughter hasn't noticed and doesn't care, so I'm not deducting stars for that either.

We will be requesting volumes 7+ for her upcoming birthday, or getting them ourselves.