Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Silent Fall (Sanders Brothers #2)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on April 15, 2008
Barbara Freethy gives us another exciting romantic suspense novel in Silent Fall which is the followup to Silent Run.

We last met Dylan Sanders, an investigative reporter, in the book Silent Run where he helped his older brother find his girlfriend, Sarah, and their daughter, Caitlyn. Silent Fall begins with Dylan at his brother's wedding to Sarah. He is approached by an informant named Erica that he used in bringing in a senator for the murder of his wife. They take a walk and he begins to get dizzy. Erica has drugged him and he passes out and wakes up the next day not knowing what is going on. Erica is missing, he smells a setup, and he is a person of interest in her disappearance.

His only hope is Sarah's friend, Catherine, who is a psychic and has a connection to Erica as well as to Dylan. She is the only one around that can help him and he doesn't want to disturb his brother who is on his honeymoon. He doesn't really believe in her psychic abilities but is in desperate need of someone who can help solve the mystery of what is actually going on. Who is setting Dylan up? Is it his father who was a bully to him is entire life or the senator who he and Erica helped put away for his wife's murder?

Dylan and Catherine are believeable allies/partners in the journey to the truth. They knew that they had a connection to each other when they first met and along the way they fall in love. They are both wounded souls who don't know how to trust others especially in dating relationships. Catherine has nightmares from her childhood that are locked in her brain and are represented in her dark paintings. Most people see her as crazy due to her psychic abilities. Dylan grew up in a home where his father bullied him and his only ally was his older brother, Jake. His mother left him when he was a young child and he never saw her again and never forgave her for leaving him behind in this abusive home. Will they survive this ordeal in order to have the future that they both deserve with each other after all the hardship in their lives?

The answers to their past are interwined with the present day mystery. The reader is taken on a roller coaster ride with plenty of twist and turns and surprises along the way. The ending is one that you will not see coming and definitely will surprise you. You definitely don't want to miss this suspense filled winner.
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2008
Dylan Sanders is at Lake Tahoe, Nevada, when Erica Layton appears and demands a private conversation. Only six weeks prior the pair had spent one night in bed together and worked to put a murderer behind bars. Thinking Erica wants to discuss one of those two events, he follows her into the woods; then Erica leaves him there, drugged and disoriented. When Dylan wakes the next morning, Erica has disappeared, and Dylan is suspected of her murder.

Catherine Hilliard is a lovely psychic plagued with nightmares since a certain horrific night during her childhood. The last thing she wants is to help Dylan with her visions, especially since he does not believe in her abilities, but Catherine has somehow become a conduit and may be his only chance to stay alive in hope of proving his innocence.

***** This story begins with danger and the mad pace is continuous until the very end. I could not help but feel chills as Catherine's haunting past comes forward and I began to understand the true horror. My opinion, in a single word... SUPERB! *****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.
on February 24, 2012
In the Sanders Brothers Series, I like this book better. This one was more exciting and more mind boggling as to who their enemies were.

Dylan's character, is more desirable, since, he did not want to be attached to anyone or to be part of a family, that makes him, sort of "hard to get". While Catherine, is the most beautiful psychic I have ever imagined. The committment of solving the mystery threw these two together, making the adventure amazing, nail-biting but full of pre-loving moments for the couple.

I rate this 4, because I do not like the way it ended so sudden. While the author had swayed the story to a different ending, it suddenly made an unexpected turn that was not at all convincing. Clues aren't too many to lead Dylan and Catherine to the real killer. They were always trapped whenever they get clues.

The adventure was AMAZING but the story did not end very nicely, however, Dylan and Catherine ended up together, romance, did turn up great.
on April 2, 2008
At Woodlake Mountain Lodge in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, investigative reporter Dylan Saunders attends his brother Jake's "second" wedding with Sarah. Also there is a former lover Erica Layton, who once provided the journalist with volatile information. She asks Dylan to sneak away with her into the nearby woods, which he does.

When he awakens in the morning, he is confused by last night's events especially when he concludes he was drugged. He also is the prime suspect in the apparent disappearance of Erica. A wedding guest of the bride psychic Catherine Hilliard had a vision involving danger to Dylan and though she would prefer to stay out as she grasps the peril to herself, Catherine investigates trusting on her visions to guide her.

Following up on the suspense thriller SILENT RUN, Jake's sibling takes center stage as he finds himself in a major mess with the only hope being the stunning psychic as Dylan wants to keep Jake, Sarah, and his eighteen month old niece out of the fiasco if possible. The story line is fast-paced and filled with action with a touch of the paranormal. Dylan is fabulous as a man in peril and his reluctant rescuer Sarah's best friend is terrific. Although Dylan plays a major support role in SILENT RUN, Barbara Freethy's excellent sequel can stand alone.

Harriet Klausner
This was a good read but I have to say book one 'Silent Run' was my favorite.

The story-line was a bit different and something I don't readily believe in, but I enjoyed the journey and the main characters.

If you were to ask me what kept this from being a 5-star read the answer is this: I hate it when you know that a guy and gal are going to end up together (figured that out in book one) and they've met and spent some time in each others company, yet before he sees her again at the wedding he has had at least another one-night stand. Once a couple has met I hate it when the man has been with another woman / women...drunk or not. That is no excuse. So for the rest of the book Dylan with the other woman was in my mind and it took away from the enjoyment of the story. It is one of my triggers and it eats at me. Let me add that I feel the same way when a woman is with another man. It's a two way street.
on February 14, 2015
When I first started the book I thought it was going to be just a rewrite of the first book with a couple of characters from the first book running for their lives which is basically the summarized plot of both books. The story was still very good, well written with lots of depth, characters, different storylines branching out to make a good book.
I read the first book Silent Run on Mon, and I had to get Silent Fall, so I bought it on Tuesday and read it in one day. I don't mind buying books if it captures my attention. Can you imagine reading a persons thought or even feeling their emotion? Catherine is one of those people, and it unnerves Dylan. I am not going to go any further. I do not want to spoil the story. I just want to let the readers know it is a great story. Ms Freethy, brings the characters alive, and keeps the reader enthralled in the story. No it is not about sex, it will keep you on your toes to the very end.
I hate it when people say to much about a book, they might as well quote the whole thing.
This is a keeper just like Silent Run. I will be reading more of her books.
Thank you Ms Freethy.
on March 24, 2013
I read one Barbara Freethy book and quickly downloaded a few others. They are quick easy reads, but they keep my attention when I don't feel like diving into a complicated story. I enjoy the "real people" type of characters she creates. Reading a Barbara Freethy book is like taking a peek into someone else's life and seeing all the realistic details.
on September 16, 2015
This was a fast pace suspense thriller. I loved the twist and turns along the way. I normally do not read books were the characters have physic ability's. In this story it was a nice touch. Dylan does not believe in physic powers, but he couldn't argue, when he saw it first hand. Catherine would tell him what would happen, and it would happen. I loved the way she could read his mind. it was funny.

Dylan was being set up for murder, and Catherine wanted to help him. She made herself his partner. In return, she made herself a target. The killer wanted to play games with Dylan before he killed both Catherine, and Dylan. I never saw the end coming. Wow! I love books where I am left surprised at the end. This was a really good book. I also enjoyed the first book about his brother.
on March 28, 2014
Silent Fall was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. It was well written, the story was interesting, it was just a good read. I was expecting romantic suspense fluff, which is what I thought the first book was (though it has been a while since I read it and I don't quite remember. I remembered the basic storyline, but not much else).

Silent Fall starts off where Silent Run ended, at the wedding. Dylan is there talking to Catherine, the psychic, when a one night stand who was an informant for a story comes up to talk to him. She leads him off into the woods after drugging his drink and wakes up the next morning not knowing what is going on. Someone is setting him up for the one night stands murder, though Catherine still sees her alive so she is not dead yet. Catherine and Dylan try to find Erica, the one night stand, and clear Dylan's name.

This story was fast passed and fun to read. You don't really know who is trying to set him up, or what is going on. I did know most of the surprises before they happened, but it didn't make it less enjoyable. I felt the connection between Dylan and Catherine, and both of their hesitations to do anything about it. They both have pasts that aren't the best and issues to work through, but they compliment each other nicely. The very end, who did it, was kind of a shock. I wouldn't have guessed it, but then I don't know how you would have. Overall a good read, good suspense, good romance, good story.

This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland